MAX Timers - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The antidote for civilization
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-19, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Dyentious
Private

Just to emphasize how max units are really not all THAT underpowered (but maybe a little), i'd just like to share this scenario that happened tonight on Markov

TR and NC were battling it out on cyssor, and TR had the tower and an AMS, but NC were guarding tore REALLY well. We zerged and zerged, and continuously got nowhere. We were goin through the back door, but everybody would get waxed by the time they got to a certain point.

The one thing that we started doing differently that shifted the tide for us, was this:
We had 3 engineers and 2 or 3 maxes staying close together, and the engineers would repair the MAX's as they held a doorway down. While the max was holding hte doorway this gave the rest of the tr time to group up behind the max a bit without being wiped out, and then we proceeded further into the base yet again untill we took some heavy damage and lost some troops. So the engineers repaired the barely alive MAX's yet again, and the grunts and MAX's that had died had time to get back to the point we were at as we repaired and held the doorways.

So basically keeping hte MAX's alive was the key to winning the base for that scenario. The MAX's would have never been able to do crap if it hadn't been because of the engineers, but when they are repaired inside the fight they are powerhouses.

I still believe the deci should have to be crouched for a full second though, and I agree that this would make it a LOT harder to kill a MAX indoors, but then again, it's probably about time they fixed the crap damage that armor piercing bullets do anyway. Not to make em too much more powerful, but just a tad. People also seem to forget that the punisher and thumper also do some nice damage to MAX's if you hit them directly.
Old 2004-02-19, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Deci kills in two hits, 2 people in a hallway can kill you almost instantly, since you have no room to dodge.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-02-19, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Ait'al
Contributor
General

What would a jammer grenade do to it?
Old 2004-02-19, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Jammer Grenades disable the MAX's special abilities, a TR can't anchor for awhile, and NC and VS have their timers reset.
Old 2004-02-19, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Dyentious
I still believe the deci should have to be crouched for a full second though, and I agree that this would make it a LOT harder to kill a MAX indoors, but then again, it's probably about time they fixed the crap damage that armor piercing bullets do anyway. Not to make em too much more powerful, but just a tad. People also seem to forget that the punisher and thumper also do some nice damage to MAX's if you hit them directly.
To reply to the stuff you said before this quote, MAXs are reasonable in some situations, yes. It's the more common scenarios, not the few and far between ones, that should be used to assess the value of a MAX, however.

Now, in response to the above quote, yes, that kind of a change for Decimators might be good. Really though, they should be given some other kind of role, and AP bullets be enhanced. AV weapons plus better AP bullets with no Decimators would be a reasonable change, I think. Were the Decimator to be kept as a dumb-fire anti-armor warhead, but have that kind of a restriction on it, I doubt it would be popular at all anymore.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion