Questions for Pro7 - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Damn Communist
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-04, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #211
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

In case you didn't notice: The game is not released yet.
Old 2012-08-04, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #212
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Questions for Pro7

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
In case you didn't notice: The game is not released yet.
Well, I thought we could already.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #213
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

Has the transition with the cash already been done? I am no longer able to buy them of the SOE webpage, it gives a generic 404 error without any details.

-Ela
Old 2012-08-04, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #214
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by IHateMMOs View Post
Well, I thought we could already.
The linking is at the moment only something that DC Universe players can do. If you have ever played DCU through SOE you can already link your account. I tried linking my account, but it wont let me because I never played DCU through SOE.
Right now I think they are working on something similar to that for PS2 but obviously they are still negotiating the terms with pro7 and figuring out, how exactly this is gonna work.
Old 2012-08-04, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #215
EvilBeegee
Private

Yeah I played DCUO in the past and linked my account yesterday. My 9000+ station cash was immediately converted 1:1 to seven cash.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #216
Snipergirl
Private

this thing is not right.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #217
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by EvilBeegee View Post
Yeah I played DCUO in the past and linked my account yesterday. My 9000+ station cash was immediately converted 1:1 to seven cash.
i havent done it yet. does it make you download DCUO again? as i dont play anymore and dont really want to download it again.
Old 2012-08-05, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #218
EvilBeegee
Private

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
i havent done it yet. does it make you download DCUO again? as i dont play anymore and dont really want to download it again.

Yes, unfortunately you have to download it again.

Edit: I meant that if you want to play DCUO you have to download it again. The account linking is done through your browser, no game installation required.

Last edited by EvilBeegee; 2012-08-05 at 10:50 AM.
Old 2012-08-06, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #219
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

I just got an answer from pro7 over facebook: It's gonna be the same with ps2 like it was with dcu, all sc is gonna be transferred 1:1. Yay!
Old 2012-08-06, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #220
Nyan Koi
Private

Hi,
I recently read a few topic about Pro 7 and SOE agreement. And I was interested in the blocking Ip part. I live in Russian Federation and my country was not mentioned in those 40 that Pro 7 will work with so, my question is:
Will Russian players be forced to use European Pro 7 client and link their SOE accounts to Pro 7 ones?
Will the IP block work for us and if the answer is "yes", then, how exactly?
A lot of players on Russian PS2 forums are confused with this problem. So i hope, you'll answer!
Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Nyan Koi; 2012-08-06 at 06:05 AM.
Old 2012-08-06, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #221
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Piper
Hang on, I'll go read the whole thread.
Narcissistic self quoting ftw.

Finally caught up with thread. Meh. The history of these type of things doesn't bode well when it's been done with other companies. It's clear we'll be getting a different service in some regards, which of course does not preclude the possibility that it will actually be a better service. Time will tell.

It does very much appear to be a franchise though? With them being able to regulate their own income as they see fit, at least from what I can understand. Rather than being a contract by SoE to provide support in EU land.
Old 2012-08-06, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #222
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Hey, a question for those who have linked an account:

Has anyone a different Pro7 nickname then his old SOE (DCU) nickname? If so, are you still using your SOE nickname or the new Pro7 one ingame?
I'm just wondering what this whole linking thing exactly does.

I just tried to login to DCU with a Pro7 account alone, that doesn't work. As it seems to currently have to create a SOE account to play as a new player. Whic confuses me. Or is the ability to play with a Pro7 acount just not working yet?

And another question because I don't have experience with SOE beforehand: you do use your SOE account name in all games or is this just the general login and you create a new nickname for every game?

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2012-08-06 at 02:37 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-08, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #223
Rwyn
PlanetSide 2 Europe
Community Manager

Hi all,

I just wanted to drop in and answer your requests like Brolly already did before. I'm the responsible Community Manager for PlanetSide 2 in Europe.

Originally Posted by Nyan Koi View Post
Hi,
I recently read a few topic about Pro 7 and SOE agreement. And I was interested in the blocking Ip part. I live in Russian Federation and my country was not mentioned in those 40 that Pro 7 will work with so, my question is:
Will Russian players be forced to use European Pro 7 client and link their SOE accounts to Pro 7 ones?
Will the IP block work for us and if the answer is "yes", then, how exactly?
A lot of players on Russian PS2 forums are confused with this problem. So i hope, you'll answer!
Thank you for your time.
I don't think the Russian players have to worry about this anyway since both clients will be a possibility to play the game
Otherwise: Since Russia isn't part of the deal between Sony and PSG I don't think you will be forced to use the European PSG client. But we will see this right after a launch.

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
Hey, a question for those who have linked an account:

Has anyone a different Pro7 nickname then his old SOE (DCU) nickname? If so, are you still using your SOE nickname or the new Pro7 one ingame?
I'm just wondering what this whole linking thing exactly does.

I just tried to login to DCU with a Pro7 account alone, that doesn't work. As it seems to currently have to create a SOE account to play as a new player. Whic confuses me. Or is the ability to play with a Pro7 acount just not working yet?

And another question because I don't have experience with SOE beforehand: you do use your SOE account name in all games or is this just the general login and you create a new nickname for every game?
You don't use your login name ingame. If you want to play DCUO you're using the login via PSG and you don't need to login again into your station account. If you want to transfer your station account to PSG and your login name is already in use you have to choose another one.

If you register a PSG-account you should be able to login to DCUO directly. If you want to play another Sony game you first have to register a station account.

You create a new nickname (character name) for every game you want to join but you can use all your character with one login name.

Best,
Rwy'n

Last edited by Rwyn; 2012-08-08 at 12:25 PM.
Old 2012-08-08, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #224
gaz
Private

Originally Posted by Rwyn View Post
... forced to use the European PSG client ...
- If russians are not forced to use the "European PSG client", are europeans forced to use it?
- What are the differences between the "European PSG client" and the normal client? Ingame Advertisment?

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
Question: Will there be the same out of game options as SoE will have? and will they work the same way?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes, we’re planning for European players to make use of the out of game options such as stats pages & the data feeds in the same way as US players.
- What does "we're planning" mean? does this mean that the out of game options (like stats page, mobile apps..) are made from Pro7?

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post

Question: Will you provide same data feed as US servers for third party applications
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes, this is definitely a priority for us, as it’s an important part of the PlanetSide 2 package!
- Will it be the same data feed or a Pro7 version of the data feed?
- Do we have to pay to use the data feed?

Last edited by gaz; 2012-08-08 at 01:10 PM.
Old 2012-08-08, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #225
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Rwyn View Post
I don't think the Russian players have to worry about this anyway since both clients will be a possibility to play the game
Otherwise: Since Russia isn't part of the deal between Sony and PSG I don't think you will be forced to use the European PSG client. But we will see this right after a launch.
So what you're saying is that any country OUT of the agreement can play using any client they want? I live in Armenia, and I saw that it wasn't part of the agreement either, does that mean I can just use either an SOE or a Pro7 client freely? If yes, then please don't change this. I have so many problems to worry about, the last thing I need is not to be able to play Planetside 2.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion