Top cause of players leaving PS2 (2014) - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We like it raw!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-08-04, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Mordelicius
Major

Re: Top cause of players leaving PS2 (2014)

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
I did. My assertion is that your argument lacks objectivity; my evidence is the complete and utter lack of any empirical data. Allow me to provide an example:

"People are leaving the game because they don't like getting OSK'd by snipers."

What data can you provide that points to snipers having such a detrimental effect to new player morale that it's producing a note-worthy influence on population hemorrhaging rates? Do you have anything at all to offer beyond anecdotes? If all you have are anecdotes, I can provide plenty to the contrary.
You've proven yourself that there's no alternative to 'anecdoctal' examples. I asked you for 'sources' or 'data' (your words!) and you can't come up with any list, not even a single one. I was hoping you'd figure out by now, but I guess not. If you can't come up with 'data' or 'sources' that would appease you yourself, then why are are you asking me for it?

Secondly, If I were to say PPA is overpowered, is that really personal? Balanced gameplay benefits everyone, and is something I've advocated since launch (check my old posts if you wish). All I need is get hit by it and see its context within the fight. The devs dont' play the game. That's why they are nerfing just the ammo to see if the other attributes of the PPA is really OP.

They will then will a week or so, until they have enough numbers and dots to show if it really is the monster it's maligned to be. I've listed its advantages. It's a perfect ammo weapon, now with average ammo pool with the 'nerf'.
Old 2014-08-05, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
You've proven yourself that there's no alternative to 'anecdoctal' examples.
Okay, so this thread is basically nothing more than your personal opinion on the game's balance and mechanics. Fair enough, though trying to paint it as something objective is disingenuous.

Also, asking me to provide sources and data is dumb, considering I've yet to paint my claims as objective.

Originally Posted by Mietz View Post
Because their effect is cumulative.
Its not like theres only one guy that you 1v1 in this game.
Its "one more thing" you get OHKd by.

Besides explosive OHKs can be prevented with the right equipment, like FLAK armor, which you should be wearing anyways because Nanoweave is even more pointless than it was before now, sniper OHKs can not.

From experience ive yet to consistently die from explosives unless its an LA doing suicide C4 runs because between flak armor and all the healing from medics the damage from explosives is mitigated easier as it comes in smaller chunks.

Also I dont think its really "rage" here.
Sure, but why is the "OSK" part of it significant? The TTK in this game is so incredibly low that there's almost no difference between a one-shot kill and simply being shot to death, in most cases. Even the damage-mitigation weave only increases the number of bullets required to kill you by like one or two shots when fully maxed out. That's not going to save you when the Heavy Assault you didn't know was in the room with you unloads his clip into your back, or when you turn the corner and surprise! there's an NC scatterMAX staring you in the face, etc. It's not like it takes more skill to kill someone at full-auto range than it does from a distance.

I don't see how flak armor mitigating explosives is all that relevant. With that same logic, you shouldn't be bothered by snipers since merely staying indoors or not standing around when outdoors will almost completely nullify a sniper's ability to one-shot you.

Just about everything in the game that can kill you can be mitigated, either by via upgrades or by changing up your play-style.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2014-08-05 at 04:06 AM.
Old 2014-08-05, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Mietz
First Sergeant

I don't see how flak armor mitigating explosives is all that relevant. With that same logic, you shouldn't be bothered by snipers since merely staying indoors or not standing around when outdoors will almost completely nullify a sniper's ability to one-shot you.
Thats not even in the same ballpark as the "same logic", its not even an analogy.
I cant buy, equip and wear a room.

Sure, but why is the "OSK" part of it significant?
If that is not "significant" i would ask you why not every gun in PS2 is OHK as apparently its not significant
Old 2014-08-05, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

I'll give a few reasons why I stopped playing.

1: Because it's too fast for its own good sometimes. I don't mind speed but it's become more of a twitch game with less room for planning and tactics and not everyone has that good reaction timing (Which seems to be changing now fortunately).

2: Sniper nerf. A semi auto being more effective then a bolt at long range? Really?

3: That biolab update that just... Failed so hard with the arrows for dummies and being farmed because of bad base design.

And not something that caused me to quit, but something that's adding to keeping me away. lightnings going as fast backwards as forwards. Which is just plain stupid. Now people will just drive foward into sight, shoot and drive back at choke points, not resolving traffic jams at all. Which is what it was supposed to help fix?

All that aside, some things are drawing me back, But if immersion breaking things are going to continue to be added then I may not stay. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2014-08-07 at 09:42 AM.
Old 2014-08-06, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

I played now and then for the past two months or so, but my interest is dwindling rapidly again.
Everything is just so half arsed lol.

Best example, the new resource system. Once again we get unfinished crap, i'm sorry "phase one" of a game mechanic, that will/may be cool once it's finished, but is stupid untill that happens (See cont locking, mission system, etc.).

I like the unified resources, and the idea behind it is good - you no longer can acquire resources by performing actions, so the performance of your empire matters. in theory...
...but in reality territories don't matter anymore, since you get a flat +50 resources every minute or something - regardless of how many territory your empire controls.

That completely removes any incentive left to actually defend or capture bases. So untill "phase 2" or "3" of the resource system comes out bases and territory control have no meaning whatsoever aside from trying to lock a continent. Badbadbad.

Guess i'll check back in once intercontinental lattice and resource system are actually "in the game".
Old 2014-08-07, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Mietz View Post
Thats not even in the same ballpark as the "same logic", its not even an analogy.
I cant buy, equip and wear a room.
That's good, because you shouldn't be allowed to buy your way out of being punished for your mistakes. Even the best sniper will have a hell of a time head-shotting you if you don't stand around out in the open... and that's free.

If that is not "significant" i would ask you why not every gun in PS2 is OHK as apparently its not significant
They pretty much are. You're starting to get it now.

The only difference between getting killed by a sniper and getting killed by a heavy assault is that sniping takes more skill.

- - - - -

The new resource system is pretty lulz. Has anyone else gotten the chance to experience the thrill of organized, platoon-level abusing of the fact that we pretty much have unlimited resources now? At +50 resources per minute, you get back the resources spent buying an MBT in ~5 minutes. So you can basically spawn an MBT or equivelent once every five minutes... forever.

I was playing with HMMRD(sp?) last night, and the Platoon lead had all 48 of us spawn ESF's and air raid enemy zergs 6 times within the space of one hour.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2014-08-07 at 03:09 AM.
Old 2014-08-07, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Crator
Major General

The new resource system is pretty lulz. Has anyone else gotten the chance to experience the thrill of organized, platoon-level abusing of the fact that we pretty much have unlimited resources now? At +50 resources per minute, you get back the resources spent buying an MBT in ~5 minutes. So you can basically spawn an MBT or equivelent once every five minutes... forever.

I was playing with HMMRD(sp?) last night, and the Platoon lead had all 48 of us spawn ESF's and air raid enemy zergs 6 times within the space of one hour.
I know right. I feel a resource nerf coming... Either they up the cost of things that use resources, they reduce the amount of resources you get, and/or they increase the tick-rate (amount of time) you get resources.

Last edited by Crator; 2014-08-07 at 08:25 AM.
Old 2014-08-07, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Are these numbers correct?

http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/w...&totalpop=true
Old 2014-08-07, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
as far as I know they can't be because there is no way to get the pop info from the API. What sites usually do is count the number of login's per hour, which you can get.

So it's an estimation. You can see people logging in but you can't see log outs.
Old 2014-08-07, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

1. Gamer fatigue. I have to walk away every once in a while and play other games and do other things.
Old 2014-08-07, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
as far as I know they can't be because there is no way to get the pop info from the API. What sites usually do is count the number of login's per hour, which you can get.

So it's an estimation. You can see people logging in but you can't see log outs.
Yeah SOE are the only one's who know the true populations I suppose but at the very least this does give a view into trends. I don't see much of one over a long period of time, maybe a little downward but not much. Maybe it seems less now because of the 4th continent. Any word on Searhus or whatever is coming next? I checked the roadmap and didn't really see anything about it.
Old 2014-08-07, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
ringring
Contributor
General

I've seen nothing about release of Searhus nor the Battle Islands. I gather from the fact that the PS2 Work in Progress videos that they expect to produce new content but I've heard nothing solid about what/when.
Old 2014-08-07, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

The complete silence on the Battle Islands is rather strange. Weren't they like... a step away from being totally complete almost a year ago? I remember outfits having skrims on them.
Old 2014-08-08, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
ringring
Contributor
General

The complete silence on the Battle Islands is rather strange. Weren't they like... a step away from being totally complete almost a year ago? I remember outfits having skrims on them.
Yea it is strange.

(only one BI was nearly complete, Nexus)
Old 2014-08-09, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Mordelicius
Major

Okay, so this thread is basically nothing more than your personal opinion on the game's balance and mechanics. Fair enough, though trying to paint it as something objective is disingenuous.

Also, asking me to provide sources and data is dumb, considering I've yet to paint my claims as objective..
You throw around words like 'source', 'data' and yet can't come up with any example of 'source' or 'data' because you know there aren't any. I didn't come up with those words, you did.

Also, I doubt you have any criteria either for what's 'objective' or not. What's your criteria for being objective or not objective? You will say 'data'/'source'. I ask you for this 'data'/'source'. You can't come up with any. So nobody is objective according to you, including yourself. What's your criteria for being objective?

Lastly, if my thread wasn't clear enough, the numerical order of my examples is the order in which they are implemented in 2014. So, I just put the lanes the last because it's the last to be implemented was the new Ti Alloy lane.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion