It's been a week. What do you fear? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why can't I play the DEV Empire...?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-17, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Carver
Corporal

Re: It's been a week. What do you fear?

I fear TTK won't be low enough.

I fear that there still won't be any point to stepping foot outside unless it's to get into a tank or an aircraft.
Old 2011-07-17, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
SKYeXile
Major General

Greatest fear would be that the netcode wont support high ping players like PS1 did. To me everything else is rather insignificant if i cant play the game.
Old 2011-07-17, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Drentz
Private

My biggest fear is that the idea of "resources" and "every inch of the map being valuable" won't translate into gameplay even though the idea sounds great.

I fear that hot drops from Galaxies as a major method of attack (which are awesome) will be neglected.

Last edited by Drentz; 2011-07-18 at 05:15 PM.
Old 2011-07-17, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Coyote
Private

I fear Teamplay will be dropped for OSOK. Aka snipers everywhere. Ridge after ridge of non-moving, non-pushing snipers who will refuse to attack as they are enjoying just getting kills.

I fear a change of mentality, from Objective to Team Death Match. K:D Is relevant? Not in Planetside.

I fear quick TTK, and worse, quick spawning. So there will be constant meatgrinders (Spawnkilling will be prevalent. I know it's in PS1, but I'm talking spending 3-4 minutes trying to spawn)

I fear a lack of Sanctuaries will divide the empires and reduce a "greater good" mentality.

I fear no-continent locks. This will go against achievement, and burn players out. Without reward, why play? What is the greater goal in this perpetual war? Are we to just accept we will never win?

I fear there will be numerous game-breaking imbalances come launch, and slow, hesitant patching will kill most of the "unknown" playerbase, who never played PS1 away before it can be fixed and turned into a properly good game

I fear a lack of advertising. (did you know that Infantry Online is free-to-play? it went F2P a year or two back, good job on the announcing SOE)

Last edited by Coyote; 2011-07-17 at 05:39 PM. Reason: There needs to be a "no smilies" option for everything :\
Old 2011-07-17, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

im personally apprehensive about the command structure and the inventory system. i like the open ended approach planetside currently has to its inventory. i dont want to have to die/respawn in order to switch gear for a new situation.
Old 2011-07-17, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
CutterJohn
Colonel

I fear there will be no thresher, and that tanks will reign supreme as ground combat vehicles again, with little room for anything else.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-17, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Oh, I'm also still terrified of hackers destroying the game.
Old 2011-07-17, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Headrattle View Post
I also fear some of the direction that they are going. "More sandbox gameplay" and especially "possible PVE." I actually yelled "NO!" when they said that in the interview.
I fear they'll listen to the vocal minority and leave out interesting ideas just because they're not in Planetside 1.
Old 2011-07-17, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

I fear No Sanc will mean No Home. No place to organize, or just jerk around for a little while with friends. No place to just collect your thoughts before the next fight.

I fear that the wrong players will take command ranks and be dicks.

I fear that hackers/exploiters will find something annoying and drive people away from the game in the first few weeks before it has a chance to solidify it's fan base.

I fear that the game will focus too much on the individual and not on the empire, and that the game will not be massive and people will just be doing Towers of Power and Interfarming or whatever their new equivalents will be.

I fear that outdoors combat will not translate well and that it will be more frustrating than fun trying to fight in type specific area's.

But generally speaking I'm pretty stoked and hope the dev's have a fully thought out plan.
Old 2011-07-17, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
I fear they'll listen to the vocal minority and leave out interesting ideas just because they're not in Planetside 1.
Well, the reason I don't like PVE isn't because it isn't in Planetside 1. It is because it is a bad idea and will require lots of programming resources to do well, but add very little to the game if done well.
Old 2011-07-17, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Headrattle View Post
Well, the reason I don't like PVE isn't because it isn't in Planetside 1. It is because it is a bad idea and will require lots of programming resources to do well, but add very little to the game if done well.
And then there's the fact that Smedley said "Planetside 2 is 100% PVP".
Old 2011-07-18, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Azren
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
And then there's the fact that Smedley said "Planetside 2 is 100% PVP".
For now it is anyways.

I fear not being able to repair my tank in the field since only engineers will have glue gun.

I fear having to change classes every time I want to repair my vehicle.

I fear not being able to put up aegis shields to repair my tank under.

I fear not being able to set up mine fields from my vehicle's trunk, since only engies can do that, not me as driver (who in turn can't drive...).

In short: I fear the class system.
Old 2011-07-18, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Azren
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
I fear no-continent locks. This will go against achievement, and burn players out. Without reward, why play? What is the greater goal in this perpetual war? Are we to just accept we will never win?
I do not think this is the case. Think of it this way: every territory will be captureable, so not only dots on the map will show up in your colors, but the whole area that your empire captured. Basically your empire will have a border as any country in history did, and your achievement will be to expand that border to a new type of resource field for example, or maybe the capture of a mountain fortress.
Old 2011-07-18, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Heaven
Master Sergeant

I fear my health and getting fat eating cheesy puffs while playing PS2.
Old 2011-07-18, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Canaris
Contributor
General

So far my fears are -

Skill up Points That they will effect the game to much like upgrades, damage increase or rof increase (APB style old and current) giving veterans to much of an advantage over new players resulting in new players leaving after a short while because they can't play. (Word to the wise, upgrades are bad m'kay! It's been proven not to work.)
You have now been warned and I've feel I have done my duty.

Headshots Already been discussed in depth in other threads, headshots in PS2 is a bad idea from where I'm sitting

Spider Women Hopefully they'll never exist, scare the shizzle out of me

Apart from those three I'll have to wait and see for other things that would make me Fear for Planetside 2.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion