Outfit Recruitment section. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: psst... big party at Hamma's house after the show
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site Feedback / Support

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-02, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Outfit Recruitment section.

I suggest dividing this area of the forum into 3 or 4 new subsections.

1. Looking for an outfit. - An area where players could post that they are interested in joining an outfit, detailing what they may be looking for. You could use those empire tags here for them to show a preference, or they could put on an undecided tag.

2. NC/TR/VS - Create empire specific areas where outfits can put up their recruitment thread. Most players already know what empire they like and this will make it easier for them as each subcategory will only contain outfits from the empire of their interest. It will also thin out the amount of outfits in each category and therefore thin out the need for shameless bumping.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-04-02, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Outfit Recruitment section.

Looking for outfit isn't a bad idea

I think dividing based on empire is a bit to much though. Shouldn't have to dig through a bunch of forums to find what you want.

Post Prefixes allow you to filter by empire and should do the job just fine for that.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-02, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I like looking for outfit as a separate forum from outfit recruitment propaganda.

One for each empire seems to be doing OK for now. But if we get too many more outfits it may be better to have a forum per empire.

You could take the existing recruitment forum and make it for LFO only and the general topic of outfit discussion/theorycraft, and have sub forums for each empire where outfits post their spiels. That might allow better organization without shitting up the forums with a bunch of new categories (It'd basically look the same as it does now)

As the number of outfits increases the 1-forum system will quickly get spammed, and if people are looking at that forum, I'd expect they're typically only looking for one specific empire anyway.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I like looking for outfit as a separate forum from outfit recruitment propaganda.

One for each empire seems to be doing OK for now. But if we get too many more outfits it may be better to have a forum per empire.

You could take the existing recruitment forum and make it for LFO only and the general topic of outfit discussion/theorycraft, and have sub forums for each empire where outfits post their spiels. That might allow better organization without shitting up the forums with a bunch of new categories (It'd basically look the same as it does now)

As the number of outfits increases the 1-forum system will quickly get spammed, and if people are looking at that forum, I'd expect they're typically only looking for one specific empire anyway.
That's the whole point. Right now, things are slow. But eventually, well, Hamma should hope, it will pick up. Do you want to sort through it then or now while you can easily divide it?

Old 2012-04-02, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Post Prefixes allow you to filter by empire. If it was to get crazy busy in that one forum I could easily select all posts with certain prefixes and move them to respective empire forums.

The looking for outfit forum is a great idea though - thoughts on what to call it?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-04-02 at 09:54 PM.
Old 2012-04-04, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Post Prefixes allow you to filter by empire. If it was to get crazy busy in that one forum I could easily select all posts with certain prefixes and move them to respective empire forums.

The looking for outfit forum is a great idea though - thoughts on what to call it?
Change it to:

Outfits Section

Looking for an outfit - A forum for players seeking an outfit. Please describe yourself, what you are looking for in an outfit and what you may have to offer.

Looking for members - A forum for outfits to advertise what they have to offer potential members. Please describe how your outfit functions and what you expect of your members.

Outfit Diplomacy - This is an open forum for outfits who may wish to discuss issues or coordination. Criticism is ok, but please keep it civil.

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2012-04-04 at 04:29 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site Feedback / Support