Implants on PTS - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma, the other, other, OTHER white meat.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-04-28, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Re: Implants on PTS

See, I tried to make the case for 2 separate classes (Recon and Infiltrator), but it just never panned out.

What would be a cool idea for implants is to have an energy bar and give the light assault an energy pack. It would be very accessible and would give the light assault a greater team role. Unfortunately (legitimately as SOE is a business) there is no real way to monetize that.

In the end, I think they need to look at different monetization options. I had an idea where you could bring back auraxium for auraxium level members (and watch membership numbers skyrocket). You could take a lesson from DICE and sell "warpacks" that give random weapon attachments (need to make more), select camos, and tools for building a decal on the death screen (combined with the previous system could also have auraxium). You could also have a big bundle to go along with the release of a continent (couple weapons, few camos, 6 month boost; basically like alpha squad).
Old 2014-04-29, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Azzzz
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
See, I tried to make the case for 2 separate classes (Recon and Infiltrator), but it just never panned out.

What would be a cool idea for implants is to have an energy bar and give the light assault an energy pack. It would be very accessible and would give the light assault a greater team role. Unfortunately (legitimately as SOE is a business) there is no real way to monetize that.

In the end, I think they need to look at different monetization options. I had an idea where you could bring back auraxium for auraxium level members (and watch membership numbers skyrocket). You could take a lesson from DICE and sell "warpacks" that give random weapon attachments (need to make more), select camos, and tools for building a decal on the death screen (combined with the previous system could also have auraxium). You could also have a big bundle to go along with the release of a continent (couple weapons, few camos, 6 month boost; basically like alpha squad).
Seriously brah, you have an epic hard on for DICE...
Old 2014-04-29, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
defghi
Private

i tried it on the pts and really hope they dont put that live. i play planetside for the shooting , not crafting. i like the implants though. instead of just having one implant slot, our infantry should have three. the first implant slot we get free with regen, the next one cost 500sc /500 certs, next 750sc/ 1000 certs, or you can earn an achievement to recieve them, like conquer 20 enemy tech plants. each implant costs 250sc/certs . or you can recieve through an achievement, and choose which one you would like to use, no random generator crafting game. those that are subscribers would recieve the two other implants slots while they are an active member , but would still need to acquire the implants the same way.the way they are charged is from a rechargable battery . each use of the implant will drain the battery some until its depleted, ammo packs can recharge it after a few seconds, friendly and enemy alike. you can purchase a battery with 100 sc/certs as a consumable that would fill your utility slot.

Last edited by defghi; 2014-04-29 at 07:02 AM.
Old 2014-04-29, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

I was on tinkering with it yesterday. I like what they have in place thus far as it is quick and painless which is key for me since I hate crafting.

So far they have only three tiers for implants. Not including the drops out there, you can get a three pack or a 5 pack of random 1 tier implants. Not sure if they will implement having higher tiers drop.

3 Tier 1 implants cashed in - random Tier 1 implant. Good if you have a shit load of an implant you don't use.

5 tier 1s and you get a tier 2.

Rinse and repeat for Tier 2 to get Tier 3.

Power wise rather easy to get more power. Craft two implants from different tiers together and you get a power cell. You can also buy a power cell.

IMO the implants are not powerful but are useful depending on your current playstyle. For instance the EOD implant will eventually work in vehicles which will give the vehicle drivers the means to counter mines.

Last edited by CraazyCanuck; 2014-04-29 at 07:10 AM.
Old 2014-04-29, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

We won't really be able to judge power properly until we get to test out the drop rate [On the live server].

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-04-29, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
Why do you detest that? It encourages classes having specific roles.
Because I can pretty much predict that SOE is going to exclude the really useful one: Battle Hardened. It mitigates screen shake and concussion effects. I want the freedom to equip any implant. "Hey! Let's bar engineers from using EOD HUD, because that will make their job to easy.." See where this is going...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion