To leave? Or not to leave? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My ping on Earth is too high.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-02-27, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Boomer
First Sergeant

To leave? Or not to leave?

Not that any of you like me, but I am faced with a decision that has to be made. When Anarchy Online became free, I tried it out. Consiquently, I fell in love. In only a week I was introduced to new areas, joined a clan, quit, founded a new one with other players, leveled 1/6th of the way up on two characters, and have obtained (not made) over 40million credits. Snazzy huh? During this time, I took a break from planetside. I bought the two expansions available for the game, and fell even more in love.
I came back to planetside, and found myself just as happy. My organized Dark Skyes outfit capped a few bases, I leveled to BR 14, got CR 2, and learned a thing or two about battlefield logic.

Three days later I moved to my new house, and since then, for two months, I have been without internet connection. Now, I am coming back soon. After the move, our finaces are inflexible, and we dont want to spend 30$ a month on two games, one of which I may play more than the other. So, now, I am faced with a decision. Planetside or Anarchy Online?

Planetside is a first person shooter with a relatively high amount of nice people, yet I do encounter a bunch of "noobs" or "lamers" every time I play.

Anarchy online is full of nice people, and whoever you ask will help you out and guide you on your journey.

Planetside is Pvp.

Anarchy online presents a massive PVP element, and NPC mobs that are equally fun to fight.

I love first person shooters

I hate most RPGs, but somehow anarchy is fun.

Planetside still has many problems, has had a recent staff change, and is very new, although it is the first of its kind.

Anarchy online is older, with fewer bugs and a larger gameworld. Twice the population, yet still sufferes problems with my desired proffession in the game.

Planetside has dark skyes, and is more team oriented

Anarchy online.... has organizations... but teams only work with seven people.

Planetside has a larger percentage of younger (or immature) players than AO.

It's one or the other.

I am getting ISDN (128k) for my connection, and am wondering if both Anarchy Online OR Planetside will be fun and unlaggy in big PvP battles, (which is what planetside is all about.) My point is, Planetside may be unplayable with that connection, and I sure as hell know that Anarchy Online will be in 100+v100+ battles.

I need help with this decision, please help me.
Old 2005-02-27, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EarlyDawn
Major General

Can't give you a decisive answer, except to say that AO gets old after a while. Granted, this was before the Notum Wars PvP development, or Shadowlands and Alien Invasion, but it does tire out fast.
Old 2005-02-28, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gammit10
Sergeant

Yes, AO gets old very quickly after a few months. I have taken breaks from all MMO games, but only continually return to City of Heroes and Planetside.
Old 2005-03-02, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Praetor
Corporal

Stay with PlanetSide.
Old 2005-03-02, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

Yea, stick with PS, its the only game where giant robots can play soccer with your vehicle!
Old 2005-03-03, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Magball is always fun.

Old 2005-03-04, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ChronoSphere
Corporal

Thats maybe what I like about Planetside..... for me at least, it doesn't get old. Maybe its cause of my outfit, or maybe its just that this game lacks goals... you don't feel pressured to keep grinding away. Log on, have some fun with outfit mates, kill TR and VS, log off, do again next time you feel like it. Stay with Planetside!
Old 2005-03-04, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

i agree with chrono, great game, never gets old, its fun, only reason why i quit was because of technical problems with my computer
Old 2005-03-07, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamorad
First Sergeant

I quit PS after it got too easy, but most likely it will take longer than AO
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion