Friday Night Ops, Tunnels and SMGS Feb 1 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You think that NC chick will go out with me? --->
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-02-01, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Re: Friday Night Ops, Tunnels and SMGS Feb 1

is it just me or at 1:49:00 to 1:50:00 . Whisenhunt is saying that the MCG/lasher are being remaked into the ps1 version
Old 2013-02-01, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Zulthus
Colonel

Maggie said Lasher users would be happy... I'm itching to find out what they're doing to the HA weapons.
Old 2013-02-01, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Kon
Private

Tunnels are OK but i would like to see a Downlift Entry to the Tunnel System from the SCU Generator room, at a minimum whats the point of tunnels if i still have to run across the courtyard to get to the other generators , if i haven't died yet
Old 2013-02-01, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
socksTR
Private

I don't know why i'm disappointed, I should be used to it by now, but these 'tunnels' are a joke. They add nothing to the game, might as well have been a defensive teleporter. It seems like the player base asks for something and the developers take the literal, simple definition of what we ask for and add it into the game.

We wanted tunnels, we got them.
Old 2013-02-01, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Wow, fail. Also don't know why I had any hope that they would do something cool to give some more areas for infantry to fight over. Awful.
Old 2013-02-01, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I heard that there will tunnels that go to the regular shield generators as well. If that's true, then this patch should make a big difference in defensive gameplay.

About the SMGs, the animations are nice and all. But when I'm busy keeping my crosshairs on the bad guy, I'm not looking at all the minute shoot animations that are happening.

What's more important to me is that all the different weapons actually look unique.
Old 2013-02-01, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Mordicant
Sergeant

I never got the impression that they would put a tunnel network underneath the complex. They said that a tunnel from the spawn room to the main part of the base. So then the question of why do this instead of a teleporter? Maybe as people had said in the past tunnels were not possible (I never did confirm if this is true) so know they figured them out and they testing them out before working on a large more complex network.

I would love to see the scu and main capture point down some tunnels. But it maybe baby steps.
Old 2013-02-01, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Mordicant View Post
I never got the impression that they would put a tunnel network underneath the complex. They said that a tunnel from the spawn room to the main part of the base. So then the question of why do this instead of a teleporter? Maybe as people had said in the past tunnels were not possible (I never did confirm if this is true) so know they figured them out and they testing them out before working on a large more complex network.

I would love to see the scu and main capture point down some tunnels. But it maybe baby steps.
When he got to the lifts to the SCU room he looked at 2 side paths. Maybe the SCU was stop one out of a few?
Old 2013-02-02, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
RSphil
Contributor
Major

was a great show as always. some good stuff coming, cant wait to see where the tunnel ideas go. loved the tunnel fights in the origional Battlefield Vietnam. hope planetside has something similar in the works.
Old 2013-02-02, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Reithan
Corporal

I'd be much more interested in tunnels that were implemented as a twisted catacomb of death beneath a base, something you could use as you described in stream, as well as something attackers could use - BOTH. Not separate attacker and defender tunnel systems...why would someone build a base with 'attacker tunnels' in it??

Also, if these tunnels will just be defender-only force-fielded areas, as seen in stream - why not just use teleporters? It adds nothing to the game to make it a tunnel.

And here I was hoping for some dark foreboding tunnels that would make flashlight attachments and SMG Infiltrators awesome...guess not.
Old 2013-02-02, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Reithan
Corporal

Also, one question I wish had been asked/answered about SMGs:

For classes that already have a carbine/AR option as well as a pistol option - why would you EVER use the SMG?

It seems like the only characters these will be enticing to is the infiltrator, who's currently lacking a good short/mid-range hip-fire primary option.
Old 2013-02-02, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Shuuda
Private

Talk about moving the goal posts, you guys:

"We want tunnels out of the spawn rooms!"

"Here you go."

"No! You've got to put the SCU and Generators in them, and let there be massive fights! This sucks! The developers NEVER LISTEN!"

Honestly. I for one cannot wait to get my hands on the TR SMG.
Old 2013-02-02, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Timealude
Captain

At first I was still iffy on the SMGs but now seeing that VS....that thing is pure sexiness to my eyes. I cant wait to run around with one on my Infy.
Old 2013-02-02, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Twasta
Contributor
Corporal

Looks like it also shows XP bonuses above the minimap now.

Old 2013-02-02, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Kon
Private

well tbh i would like to see shields closer to the spawn and tunnel fighting but we knew that wouldn't happen, as long as defenders get to go ack into them, ill put up with that
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion