Why not Roleplaying? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I've got a bad feeling about this...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you going to roleplay?
Yes, I plan to roleplay. 16 47.06%
No, I don't want to roleplay. 17 50.00%
Roleplay? What the heck is that? 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2002-12-07, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Originally posted by Ravon Dark
Hey Lay off the larping. I'm a larper thank you, I do Vampire: The Masquerade. We all kick a** thank you and more then 3/4 of us are goths, not nerds, not geeks, goths. larping is a blast.
I dont larp, but as i said i play white wolf games (we play D&D mosta the time, but sometimes we play Whitewolf) and the story teller lets us, uh, combine them(mage, vampire, and werewolf, the werewolf's first character was a hunter, he always in D&D plays a paladin, and he wanted a paladin like character, needless to say the Vamps killed him, so now he plays a werewolf.) We have 2 vampires (a Ventrue and a Tremere), a werewolf, and me, a mage, Im a hollowed one because Necromancers cool, and blood is an easy focus to get. Also fun to roleplay. Life and prime all the way. But, just so you know Mages are cooler then Vamps, in my humble opinion. And there is nothing wrong with Larping, its just in my experiance most Larpers are wieeeeeeerd, be they goth/raver/nerd/geek/strange man who collects dead kittens. Some of them are oks though. But might i ask a question, not being a larper myself, how the hell do you play out most of the diciplines, like Thalmaturgy(sp?) or, uh, drinking the blood of your victems? (unless your all bankers, then i guess thats not a problem)

on a note, there is this Venture site with a good guide on how to be a goth, its funny, will try and find it.

A few things: Tecno music sucks. 80's rock is cool. So are the Doors. Blue Oyster Cult is the best group ever, and if you disagree, your wrong.

Last edited by Tobias; 2002-12-07 at 11:28 AM.
Old 2002-12-07, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

whats larping?
Old 2002-12-07, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I'm not sure, but I can guess...

As for RPing and PnP (Pen and Paper, for you un-nerds ) games, they r0x0r the hous0r. Only in AD&D can you be DMing and have your players do everything but you wanted them to do.

For example, one of the times I DM'd (Dungeon Master, meaning I ruled the world ) I had an easy pit trap set up that they fell into. It could have been avoided, but so can a lot of things in D&D. Anyway, they had just recently collected a rope on a display case (they were robbing some extremely unfortunate rich tyrant's mansion) when they had fallen in. Had they tried to use the rope, they would have found it was a Rope of Climbing. But no. They ended up standing on each other's shoulders with the dwarf on the bottom... After reaching the top, then one of them threw up the rope so that the rest of them could climb out - only to realize the rope's true nature at that time. Ironic, funny, and typical.

As for this game, people who play will be roleplaying anyway. "Let's go kill some Vanu SCUM!" translates into "Let's go kill some Vanu SCUM!" Some people will submerge into the RPing a little more than others though.
Old 2002-12-07, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Well I guess I'm the only non-geek here that actually knows more than the controls for a video game!

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-08, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Ravon Dark
Corporal

Well I guess I'm the only non-geek here that actually knows more than the controls for a video game!
Nope, sorry.. I'm not a geek either and I know far more then controls about video games. Go fly around a bit in Cessna's and stuff, then you can talk. Next.. larping.. Ok, how that works for blood is it's not literally acted out, such as actually drinking, but everything else up to and after can and sometimes will be. As for Thaumatergy and stuff, it's all done verbally unless they have something set up before hand.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion