Infiltration Suit weaponry - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's the price to pay for glory?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-19, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
SpaceDrake
Master Sergeant

Er, right... anyway. NapalmEnima and Ludio hit the nail on the head. I don't expect IS guys to be capable of taking a base by themselves, even if you were to get more IS guys in the base than other people. (Hell, coordinating that many IS guys would be a nightmare.) If you unload even half a clip into an IS guy with an assault rifle they should fall over, and a SINGLE headshot should be enough to bring one down (since they don't have a helmet.) But a dedicated squad of IS guys should be capable of causing sufficient havoc within a base to soften it up for an assault (even at the price of their lives) or scope out the base and provide good recon for the main assault force. And since I enjoy causing wanton chaos so much, I've found my calling in life (as it were.)

Oh, Napalm, Ludio... if you like doing this sort of thing as much as I do... http://planetside-universe.com/forum...&threadid=1652

Just an idea.

Last edited by SpaceDrake; 2003-01-19 at 03:01 PM.
Old 2003-01-19, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Sputty
Banned

It's always cloadked depending on your speed.
Old 2003-01-19, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I would attach one infiltrator to each squad for looking around corners and such. He would not engage even if he gets a target alone and unaware anyway, because the stealth would be one of two hackers in the squad. He's just going to be eyes for the squad. Theoretically.
Old 2003-01-19, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

max's cant use gnades.

Thats all there is to it, now shut up and eat j00 beans.
Old 2003-01-19, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
MooKoo
Sergeant

i would not think that MAX peopel could use nades because they wouldn't be able to throw them i mean look at their arms its hard enough to move
Old 2003-01-19, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Originally posted by Zatrais

Just so it's clear, i'm not saying MAX's CAN use grenades. I'm saying that so far a dev has not stated that MAX's can't use grenades so it IS a possibility that a MAX can use one. I atleast can't remember reading that a MAX's can't use them or find proof that they can't.
Correct. No dev has specifically stated that a max cannot use grenades.

However, I know I'm right, and here's how:

Point 1: To use regular equipment (and more importantly to our discussion, grenades) you have to put it into a pistol slot and equip it.

Point 2: MAXes do not have pistol slots... or rifle slots. They have a single weapon system that cannot be switched save at an inventory terminal.

Conclusion: No grenades, REC, BANK, ARC or any other funny acronym.

And for my supporting evidence, a couple screenshots from PSU's media gallery.

1) A regular joe infantryman... notice the weapon slots in the lower right corner:

http://planetside-universe.com/media...id=29&img_id=1

Notice that this person has only two weapon slots... a pistol and a rifle. This poor shmoe is in standard armor (25 points of armor, says so in the top right corner)

2) A Vanu MAX. Note that there are no weapon slots of any kind. This is the only screen-shot taking max we pictures from. Two of em:

http://planetside-universe.com/media...id=32&img_id=3

and

http://planetside-universe.com/media...id=32&img_id=6

Note that there are no weapons slots in the lower right corner, just the one big Vanu arm cannon thingy.

And note that this, the lightest max, has either 650 or 850 points of armor, it's hard to read.

I feel confident, given this evidence, that MAXes cannot use grenades, tools, or TOILET PAPER. They MAY be able to use their limbs as melee weapons, but other than that, they're stuck with that primary weapon system. And 650+ points of armor.

Poor thing.

Does that satisfy you Zatrais? If not, I may have to resort to my namesake in order to secure your agreement.

Last edited by NapalmEnima; 2003-01-19 at 09:33 PM.
Old 2003-01-19, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
�io
Lieutenant General

Nicely done!
Old 2003-01-20, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Sputty
Banned

Exactly. That's jut a collection in one post of what we were all saying for a couple days.
Old 2003-01-20, 04:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, that satisfies me. Nicely done post that has some proof in it.
Just stating something whitout proving it is not something i'll accept hehe but NapalmEnima\s post is proof enough for me.

So no ghetto bombing by spamming nades whit a VS MAX as i jump over the wall.. bummer hehe. But hey, whats those 2 numbers? Current ammo in the gun and the total ammo? Or ammo for secondary and primary fire mode... hmm
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion