PS Concerns? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PUT YOUR HEAD BACK IN THAT BUCKET!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-06, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Sputty
Banned

Better start flaming Dio and all the other Vanu...hehe..jk..I think they'll handle ping issues well...
Old 2003-01-06, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
trickstyle
Private

the only thing that bothers me is all I see being formed are NC outfits. That will mostly likely change upon release.
Old 2003-01-06, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
TG_PTXY29
Private

?

the thing that woories me most is most unlikly to happen but i worrie either people hacking the game and makeing it no fun (but that is the reason we will be paying are 10 dollars a month to not let that happen) and i hope the game does not get boring to fast with it always being the same thing just war war war but i still cant wait till it comes out
Old 2003-01-06, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Sputty
Banned

Yeha, that's a real pronblem. E&B got really boring to me after a moth or two...waste of money for that game
Old 2003-01-06, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by trickstyle
the only thing that bothers me is all I see being formed are NC outfits. That will mostly likely change upon release.
Yeah another point i forgot, so far 90%+ of the clans made are NC or TR. Hopefully it will change a bit once game is released.
Old 2003-01-06, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

Someone else pointed this out earlier, and they were right. Most of the NC squads have less than 10 people. That would cause little to no damage... There are a couple of larger squads, but not much. Also most of the Vanu squads are large, and their organization is great.

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2003-01-06, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Lillemanden
Staff Sergeant

and their organization is great.
Like I said we have all the intelligent people
Old 2003-01-06, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Sputty
Banned

Hamma will get you in the night!
Old 2003-01-06, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
HollandHup
Private

The biggest worry i have is that this game isn't going to be what i hope it's going to be

other things:
- lag
- not being able to find outfits/groups to join (having to wait a long time to group)
- low fps or having to run on low resolution
- people that are total morons to their own empire and no gm to do something about it
- the best outfits make you go online everyday or else you're out stuff

And the horor one:
- choosing the wrong certs and finding it out at the late phase of the game levels. Like the reaver dies easy with the first ecounter with weapon x and you went to be reaver pilot. Or you went max and noone wants you cause you're slow and reinforced armor can do just as good against that and that, etc etc. Pretty much choosing the certs that make you play the way you don't want to

So i'm glad you can recycle the certs and you got VR training! but still...
Old 2003-01-06, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

No headshots, people just massively spraying into eachothers torso's. Very boring, no skills.
Old 2003-01-06, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Lillemanden
Staff Sergeant

people just massively spraying into eachothers torso's
Hey what�s wrong with that
I like the minigunner in Q3F
So I'll be getting me one of those TR weapons
Old 2003-01-06, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

L . . . . . . . . L. . . . . . . . . . .LA. . . . . . . . . . . LA. . . . . . . . . . .LAG . . . . . . . . .is. . . . . . . . . .my. . . . . . . . . . .bigest. . . . . . . . . . . . .concern
Sorry hadn't been done yet and of course spam galor

TR =
NC =
VS =

Last edited by CDaws; 2003-01-06 at 09:23 PM.
Old 2003-01-07, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
balab
Sergeant

1. wait for half an hour for a tank
2. tank arrives, healer gotta run
3. found replacement healer, bard's bedtime
4. guildie bard logs on, caster's girlfriend calls
5. lowbie caster finally finds his way. group utterally destroyed by ultra mob.

oops, wrong game.
Old 2003-01-07, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Zalo
Private

Lag isn't a concern of mine, a complete moron would know that for this game to function even remotely successful, lag needs to not be an issue. I expect the development team to be on top of this first and foremost....hence, no issue.

What will be an issue as always are exploits and hacks/scripts which is what destroyed Counterstrike. Yes, this will be on a protected server, but it will still happen somehow. Hopefully, the D-team will be ready to keep things even and fair. Which leads into my biggest concern.....Who has played a FPS where one team simply annihilates the other team/teams? Then that team gets more gear, more money, more power and from that point on the game is ruined and not fun. The PS crew better pay close attention to somehow making sure the 3 sides stay even....if one side gets stronger, everyone will bail to join them, and they will get even stronger.....this is similar to the uber guild scenario in Everquest. The largest guild always ran the server basically, the players from other guilds would always quit to join the larger guild eventually, and it was stuck in that cycle permanently. That guild was going to remain the strongest for all the game and that is exactly what happened on the EQ servers. Now, if this happens with PS the game is ruined, people on the smaller/weaker empires will get frustrated and quit or join the "uber" empire. This crap ruined CS too, and that was only for one map, but man did it make that game horrible if you were getting raped for 30 rounds in a row and no one would even the teams. If PS development team is going to stay hands on and make sure each individual server stays EQUAL and FAIR with its empires, then this game has a shot at being something special...if they dont.....then God help PS.
Old 2003-01-07, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
quiet
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Zalo
[B . . . a complete moron would know that for this game to function even remotely successful, lag needs to not be an issue. I expect the development team to be on top of this first and foremost.... [/B]
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion