PS Concerns? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Plug and Play
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-07, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Camping Carl
Major

Yeah another point i forgot, so far 90%+ of the clans made are NC or TR. Hopefully it will change a bit once game is released.
I suspect it's because the vanu are more overconfident and indepentdent. They're typically the type of players who rant about their skills, even if they don't have any.

They'll mostly try to go solo at first I bet, each trying to be an uber solo sniper. Then either they'll wise up and form outfits, or die. Must be something about them that attracts all the immature/teenage players. That, in a nutshell, is why I dislike the vanu.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-07, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Sputty
Banned

HEY! I'm a teenager...and I'm TR...
Old 2003-01-07, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Soltari
Private

Hmm.. (Newbie perspective)

To me my greatest fear in this game is that one faction will be the strongest and go around with 500+ people just annihilating everything and everyone in site. Sniper balance issues will be a problem imho... They could be too powerful (Like dying in 3 hits from a sniper) or too weak (Hitting the person 15 times only to have them run inside a building and be fine). Also, people that take advantage of a bug or something that causes you to die unfairly... and of course actually dying and losing everything...

Still though, this game looks absolutely amazing
Old 2003-01-07, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Camping Carl
Major

Don't worry sputty, it only applies to vanu scum.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-07, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Sputty
Banned

Thanks for the reassurances...now on to the rap music and stupid vin diesel movies....ok I can't even pretend..I ahte both Vin Diesel and rap...they're sort of mixed anyway..sorry for those who like it but that's the teen "stereotype" vbut they normally don't do anyhting but waste space...I couldn't even try to be sarcastic..too hard..
Old 2003-01-07, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Sputty
Banned

And for some reason old people are afraid of me...
Old 2003-01-09, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
PlasticGEAR
Staff Sergeant

Why yes, it me complaining aaagain...

change the name of the planet (most of you know what im talking about), i'm not concerned about anything unless something isn't fixed before actual release.
what me worry

VirdeuS
Old 2003-01-10, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Revolution
First Lieutenant

Good answer NARF.

My worry is that my Commodore 64 wount be fast enough for the game. Maybe I should upgrade to 2megs of ram insted of 1. ? Opinions?
Old 2003-01-10, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

Originally posted by Airlift
Lag and packet loss for me. Also I'm concerned that all message boards even remotely about PS will become flaming whinefests after release.
Heh heh

Tribes 2!!!!

Old 2003-01-10, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Only worse. The boards could become T2 + EQ
Old 2003-01-10, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
txMaddog
Corporal

Concerns:

Packet loss/high ping - Good net code is required with a FPS high packet loss and high ping would make it unplayable.

Low fps (frames per second) - I think min spec is a Geforce2 with 64meg which is about right as I could run T2 with min/medium setting and get good fps. This will really show when you get like 100+ people on screen and everyone's firing and moving.

Weapons' balance - This is one of the hard ones as weapons need to be balanced so that no 'uber' weapon dominates the battlefield but not be 'cookie-cutter'. Sniper rifles will need to be watched closely, I'd like to see them be like the T2 sniper rifle where a head shot will almost kill you but you have this long red beam telling everyone 'Here I am!!' when you fire it.

West Coast Planetside Server
"If it's not Flashy and in High Style then what's the point?!?!" - B.D.N.
Old 2003-01-10, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
zMessiahz
Sergeant

Originally posted by Camping Carl
I suspect it's because the vanu are more overconfident and indepentdent. They're typically the type of players who rant about their skills, even if they don't have any.

They'll mostly try to go solo at first I bet, each trying to be an uber solo sniper. Then either they'll wise up and form outfits, or die. Must be something about them that attracts all the immature/teenage players. That, in a nutshell, is why I dislike the vanu.
Wow Carl, I think you should re-evaluate your impressions. You've described, well, everything I am not. I have an outfit setup already. I've never been interested in a game where solo/cowboy players reign supreme. And I am probably considered "old" by gaming standards. Yet, somehow, I will be part of the Vanu.

Anyways the ppl you don't like are probably pretty evenly spread, from ym side of the fence it seems that most of them are on NC
Old 2003-01-10, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
�io
Lieutenant General

Don't even try Messiah, to a lot of NC and TRs the VS = l33t kiddy snipers and/or infiltrators. Although i fear myself that might happen, i just hope i can find a good group of VS that are mature and smart, otherwise looks like it will be New Dawn for me, maybe CDL but i really don't like TRs armors and vehicles.
Old 2003-01-10, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Sputty
Banned

Heh, let's hope all the empires are balanced player wise. I'm not worried really about weapons but if that does happen then it'll be a little annoying and it would become a 1 vs. 1 battle.
Old 2003-01-10, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

I think the VS will be fine once the game gets going. Everyone tends to get a little cocky and in the NCs case loud mouthed and retarded. We have nothing better to do than post in forums until this game comes out so things will heat up for almost no reason.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion