[Merged] Shadows of Auraxis - Episode1: Before the Shadow - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Error: Quote not found.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-18, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

Very nice! The music is very cool. The editing was well done. I especially liked how the TR woman's voice was staticy over the radio, but was clear when you showed her up close. Nice touch!
Old 2003-12-18, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
TeraHertz
Major

Welcome to Malvision�, property of me!

"TeraHertz" is registered.
But not my me

heheh, seriously you should register it, it wouldnt cost you much and Malvision� would look cool
Old 2003-12-18, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Awesome video.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-18, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
FireWolf22
Sergeant

I deleted all my cookies and temp internet files. I closed out all my IE 6.0.2800.1160.CO windows. I am on my work PC with Windows 2000, I shouldn't even be on the forums or attempting to downoad the movie, But I want to see it damn it. Oh well proby something to do with my work PC. Will try at home. Thanks anyway Miir.

Wolf

Last edited by FireWolf22; 2003-12-18 at 10:39 AM.
Old 2003-12-18, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Indecisive
Major General

We're not binding ourselves to the game rules. In our storyline, a direct hit from a rocket is enough to disable a vehicle.

Thank you god.

Any "this is unreallistic" comments shall be directed to this quote.
Old 2003-12-18, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
GusHobbleton
Private

*copies and pastes all of his replies into notepad so he can easily get them into one post*

Allright!

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187
I hate to say this but, I am VERY disappointed. The first thing, was that the Trailer was made before they even started filming the movie (correct me if I'm wrong), secondly it was delayed
True on both counts. The trailer will still be a somewhat accurate representation; ie: there will be a MAX jump scene, there will be tr reavers ambushing some NC, there will be some NC ambushing some reavers, etc.

It was pushed back due to some unforseen complications.

third, the decided to make it episodes (that really got me going)
That was our plan from the beginning. We don't have the ability or desire to put out a full length feature. Can you imagine the file size on that? Also, you'd be waiting years for it.

fourth it's just an ANT jacking
ANTs are useful. As the guy said, they can use those nanites to make 9 or 10 vanguards. I'd say it's quite a haul.

fifth they got the Story line wrong. By what SOA said, the NC and VS formed after the Achient Tech weapons and caverns were discovered.
We're changing the storyline somewhat. Also notice that we don't have rebirthing technology. When someone dies, they die.

But on a positive note, the cordination was excellent, the voice acting was superb, aand those extra animation were fantastic.
TBH, those are the points I was disappointed about :P

How is that realisitc, a vehicle made for battle being dissabled by a Pheonix?
Have you ever seen a jeep get smoked in the engine by a high ordnance missile? It's a buggy, not a tank.

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
i think the being presumptious enough to rewrite somone's storyline is actualy pretty cheeky. It's basicly like saying to them "you're version was sh**, so we're doing it again."
TBH, their idea was kind of crappy. What's the point of fighting a war you can't win? Their entire plotline is pointless and endless; perfect for a game, horrid for a movie. We have an end in mind.

Originally Posted by Nisloscen
NC Commander sounded good, but the script didn't match his style of talking. I'm a mumbler and things I say sound good until you make me read something that doesn't flow.
I agree with you there. We wrote the script before we had any idea of who was going to do the voice acting for each character.

I'm planning on redoing the character a bit so it makes more sense that he mumbles, and change his style so that it works with him. It's either that or reduce the guy's lines, and I don't really want to do that.

Originally Posted by Katanaboy
Ack...gad!!! MUST CLICK!!!!! (restraining his hand)

*explodes*
Almost.

Originally Posted by Spee
Oh, and How the shit did JayDog make that awesome music? Does he pwnz0r his own string quartet or something?

Oh, one peice of constructive criticism, that doesnt effect anything directly, but would be nice to see: Instead of a massive zerg-like battle, where every member involved runs silently at each other, guns firing, could it be possible that there could be some shots of a panicked TR yelling in surprise, or perhaps trying to call for backup, only to be shit before he can finish the comm?

Also, there was a peice of info on the OF as to how to disable animation culling. Not really a big thing at all, but that part with the Vanu MAXes just looked awkward with the 1 FPS animations.
1) Jaydog is the man, and I want to be surgically altered so I can have his babies.
2) Noted. We're trying to make this as realistic as possible.
3) Yes, that was mentioned on our own forums. Thank God.

Originally Posted by Chaaos
and very interesting storyline.
Wait until it goes somewhere. Wait until Kaymon and I cram some philosophical subjects in; hell, there's already one, if you look for it.

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187
it doesn't ensure the message's success any further than normal letters, so you don't have to type like that.
Actually, it has been shown that people who have a hard time reading and comprehending properly can read larger text in capital letters better than they can normal text. Wierd, eh?
Old 2003-12-18, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
FireWolf22
Sergeant

Damn it all to hell Miir. I figured it out. I needed to leave the remimber me checked then I was able to stay logged in. Like I said, on work computer, don't want security knowing my login names and stuff. I'm still f'd over here though. I'll be damned if they didn't proxy your site. I log in and click on the download link and plam proxy. Those Damn bastards. I'll try again. I have had that problem before. Sometimes when I would download a movie from your site I would hit proxy. The next time I would not, don't know.

Wolf
Old 2003-12-18, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
NuclearSiege
Corporal

Goddamn zip file

My Comp Wont Open This Piece Of S**t. I Hate Zip Files.

I Hate My Life

Bang!!!!!
Old 2003-12-18, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
NuclearSiege
Corporal

Jk

Jk
Old 2003-12-18, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Indecisive
Major General

www.winzip.com

Winxp has it built in i know.
Old 2003-12-21, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Doop
Major

Holy shit. Best movie ever. Some of you guys are being too picky...it's binding to how the war on Auraxis would be in real life, not in a PC game.

As for the Vanu (and me being a VS meself), that ending was just fucking cool. Like when the camera is zooming in in the caverns and reaches the slushy window thing, it makes a weird sound. An alien sound. Feh. I think when it said "Proceed with the assault" while it made that noise, it was an alien saying that, and they were translating. Then I think all the MAXes are actually Vanu's, not VS's, Vanu's.

Like I said in the previous thread, when you posted those screenshots of the episodes, half of them were pictures of VS people and TR people in rooms...not shooting eachother. I guess they're teaming up. :O

What I'd like to see is the Vanu seeing how the VS is trying to emulate them, and the Vanu begin to help the VS with the war, and after it's over, take the VS under their wing and make Auraxis what it was before the TR arrived. Whatever. Like that'll happen. :/

Now the traitor TR guy, he was the best char in the game, easily. :]
Old 2003-12-21, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Cider_Ownz
Corporal

How should I say it?

PWNZ04 M0V13!!!!111

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Not much to add since pretty much every possible rant has been ranted and answered to. I'll just say what everyone has to say- you need better voice acting! that also means (among many things whom I don't have the power to list) are TR screaming "What the hell?!" and "Ambush!" and the NC screaming "Freedom through force!" and stuff like that.
Old 2003-12-21, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Spee
Colonel

Oh! One more thing I noted.

How rag-tag are the NC? Are we talking, like, small group of people with absoloutly no funds, and have to kill, steal, andloot just to get by, or, are they at least moderatly organized, and have some foothold?

If the former, I don't think it'd hurt to give them all either agile or standard armor, and lame weaponry, being as they wouldnt yet have the resources to make advanced weaponry such as jackhammers, and lack the NTU to spare for reinforced exo. However, just what I think.
Old 2003-12-21, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
xmodum
Colonel

i loved the video , the best thing was zooming up to the 1 way glass in the caverns and a vanu saying that shit that no1 would ever get if u guys didnt put the subtitles under it! i also loved the vanu comin from the geowarp AWSOME TOUCH!!
Old 2003-12-22, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Gus, thank you so much, seriously. You replaied to all of my points, correcting me on most, and gave me all kinds of info I did not know. You also did it with out anger, flaming, or swearing. I truely and honestly thank you.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion