New Vehicles - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you can't read this, open your eyes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-05-28, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
kcirreda
Corporal

Well said, Onizuka.

Raider: Its ok how it is. (OMG, it didnt suffer from prowler syndrome?!?)

Aurora: Needs a clip of 8+ and/or a lower arc.

Thunder: Less infrantry damage, SLIGHTLY higher arc. Veh damage nerf or leave it the same (PLZ NERF IT)
Old 2004-05-28, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

no arc on the Thunderer at all. its suposed to be that way.

less infantry would be ok but AV is good.

the radier is awesome as is

the aurora could use more clip

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-28, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
That's right. Have more single-player only vehicles, who needs co-operative play when you can be rambo?

Be a fool on someone else's time please...

It doesn't have to be Lightnings, it can be buggies, I still want my Enforcer variant that isnt Reaver food...

PS: Two person Lightning would be fun...

Old 2004-05-28, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

Contrary to TR and Vs whinning, the Thunderer has very lil splash damge. It's almost laughable, If you guys don't like getting gunned down while foot zerging.... get in a vehicle. The Armor damage is a lil excentric I will admit that, but a Raider is more deadl with "skilled" and "coordinated" gunners (If the Tr have any) ^^
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-05-28, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Seer
Major

Originally Posted by ChewyLSB
Why did the VS complain when they didn't have an arc fire weapon, but complain when they get an arc fire weapon?
BS!

A) Nobody on the vs complained about not having arc fire. The arcs are so shallow in the game that all they do is screw up your aim. The VS complained about having no splash damage.

B) If we get an arc fire weapon that mauls infantry but the TR and the NC get weapons that can maul infantry, vehicles, and to a certain extent air, we have every right to complain.

C) There is far more whining in this thread about the Raider and it's multiperson requirement.

Idiotic setup. Moronic spike, the poster immediately afterwords.

Last edited by Seer; 2004-05-28 at 10:47 PM.
Old 2004-05-28, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
Be a fool on someone else's time please...

It doesn't have to be Lightnings, it can be buggies, I still want my Enforcer variant that isnt Reaver food...

PS: Two person Lightning would be fun...
im all for co-operative variants, i just think its better when you need to have at leased someone to gun with you when you in a vehicles it's more fun.
Though i have to admit i missed out on the Fury, i think its fine as it is.
I just don't see the point of giving people the chance to be more selfish and not being a team player by just grabbing a lightening/reaver/mosquito variant and go off guns blazing not caring about your squad.

Plus, thanks for the insult, i will store it for later use when i run out of words to say.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-05-29, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
im all for co-operative variants, i just think its better when you need to have at leased someone to gun with you when you in a vehicles it's more fun.
Though i have to admit i missed out on the Fury, i think its fine as it is.
I just don't see the point of giving people the chance to be more selfish and not being a team player by just grabbing a lightening/reaver/mosquito variant and go off guns blazing not caring about your squad.

Plus, thanks for the insult, i will store it for later use when i run out of words to say.
Im the guy who wants bloody airships...no lack of teamwork there...

PS: If that was an insult, you really have low standards...

Old 2004-05-29, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Diddy Mao
... but a Raider is more deadl with "skilled" and "coordinated" gunners (If the Tr have any) ^^
No, it's not. At least, not against infantry, and not against anything at a distance. The rapid cof bloom makes the guns very inaccurate at range, and killing infantry with them while the vehicle is moving, ascending and desending hills and so on, is very difficult. The Raider is quite bad at killing infantry unless the infantry are very close to it, but not too close lest they move under the guns. The Thunderer, on the other hand, has a much easier time with it, not only because it shoots a single accurate projectile with a strong punch, but because they don't need to keep the crosshairs trained on the target, which the Raider gunners do, which is not very easy when the vehicle is moving around and the cof is making your shots go off target anyway.

Furthermore, why is it that the Thunderer is A-OK being very strong with a crew of retarded apes, yet the Raider requires a coordinated crew (LAWL IF THE TR HAVE ANY LAWL), something you never get outside an Outfit squad? I don't remember when our Empire's theme changed to "lot's of shitty gunns which require a large crew to make equal to enemy vehicles provided the crew all works together, which of course random pubbies are renown for." I certainly hope our future variants go back to the many-bullets concept rather than the bloated crew, weak individual armaments one we've got going now.
Old 2004-05-29, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I think a single 15mm is pretty powerful providing you hit the target, which is by no means easy. 4 15mms.... you beauty!

The Raiders AA defence isn't all it's cracked up to be, it's not particularly accurate, and I remember smoke saying that the 15mms do far less damage than 20mms, so that the standard deliverer would be better for air cover.

As far as the Aurora goes, I don't know about clip size or anything like that, but I can see that thing attacking a tower, AMS or base courtyard and seriously messing up infantry inside. Of course, it's got to get that far first.

The Thunderer.... hmmm yes overpowered. It's supposed to be accurate, it's supposed to be powerful. Those are the two biggest advantages to gauss technology. But just like its smaller breatheren in MA it has to conform to balance, and I'm pretty sure they devs will be changing values sooner or later.

Oh, and everyone's forgotton about the new AMS... own up, who keeps going to the back of the AMS to get their equipment? *raises hand*
Old 2004-05-29, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

OMG I love the sound of the Raider...
[Hezzy]: gg
Old 2004-05-29, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Yerster
Contributor
Corporal

ya the Raider sounds awsoem when attacking hehe.

last niht i played for about 3 hours an almost everytime i died was to a thunderer... not kool. hehe i was trying to pick it off with my reaver an another thunerer took me down from behind.

i understand that the NC "pride" themselfs on powerfull, an accurate. but i dont think it is "balanced" when you get everythign why the other empiers get half ass.
Old 2004-05-29, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Toneball

Originally Posted by Rbstr
no arc on the Thunderer at all. its suposed to be that way.

less infantry would be ok but AV is good.

the radier is awesome as is

the aurora could use more clip
I agree completely. The only thing I can think of is to nerf the damage of the Thundy a little bit, at least to infantry. For those who think the Raider sux, please explain more. I mean, what more could you ask for? You don't NEED all four gunners on the same target, I mean ya it helps but you can successfully run off a reaver with two guns on it while the other two have another target. Plus, when you see the blanket of fire 3 Raiders with all 4 guns firing in the same general direction is pretty discouraging. Anyways, that's it for me.

L8

Last edited by Toneball; 2004-05-29 at 08:45 AM.

Old 2004-05-29, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Radaeron
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Lartnev
The Thunderer.... hmmm yes overpowered. It's supposed to be accurate, it's supposed to be powerful. Those are the two biggest advantages to gauss technology. But just like its smaller breatheren in MA it has to conform to balance, and I'm pretty sure they devs will be changing values sooner or later.

Oh, and everyone's forgotton about the new AMS... own up, who keeps going to the back of the AMS to get their equipment? *raises hand*
1st part - I suppose I don't mind its huge damage or good accuracy, but I reckon they could at least slow down teh refire rate by a second at least

2nd part - I decon'd at the back And when I actually -wanted- to decon because of being attacked by a zillion other ppl it wouldn't let me

Originally Posted by Warborn
yet the Raider requires a coordinated crew (LAWL IF THE TR HAVE ANY LAWL),
We got a co-ordinated crew, but needs TS. Still, not easy to aim Bumpy hills and roads see to it, hehe
Old 2004-05-29, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

But just like its smaller breatheren in MA it has to conform to balance, and I'm pretty sure they devs will be changing values sooner or later.

You call the guass too powerfull? What game are you playing?

I keep doing that too, deconstructed myself a couple of times aswell

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-29, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Indecisive
Major General

<----
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion