Beta Signups Re-opened! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: has WMDs.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-22, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
txMaddog
Corporal

Anyone else have problems with the section where you send your dxdiag.txt?? I did the 'Browse' thing but it never showed int he text box, I sent it direct just in case.

Also I think they need to update their form's 'What FPS's have/do you play section.' Where's RtCW, MoH, BF1942 and a lot of others??

West Coast Planetside Server
"If it's not Flashy and in High Style then what's the point?!?!" - B.D.N.
Old 2003-02-22, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by TGF NightHawk
I am also having this prob....had the same prob while trying to sign up for the first beta. It screwed me from beta the first time around & now the second time. I've emailed SOE a few times on this issue, but nothing seems to be done about it....
guys, try setting your internet security to the lowest setting and apply, sometimes the settings can mess stuff up. Just an idea
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-02-22, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Arshune
Captain

I think the server is just angry at everyone. I just kept trying and it went.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-22, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Spock,

I have a firewall and it went through no problem. Probably just congestion.

Keep trying.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-02-22, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Flameseeker
Captain

I seriously doubt I will get in. I have 32 MB video card, 128 RAM, and a 800-950 Mhz processor. Oh well. I'll just have to hope I make it into War3 Xpack Beta.
Old 2003-02-22, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by MrVulcan
I do however think that the open will be here by march 31, and what is the diff? Playing PS is playing PS, even if we dont have to pay for it for a few days
I doubt we will all get in first off.

Secondly, at one point the producers letter said that Open Beta would start March 2nd, however, since then it has been editted out.

This does tell me though that they are pushing like mad to finish. They could easily go gold the day they do external, most of those patches are server side, and those that aren't can be patched after buying the game.

After they go gold, it takes 2-3 weeks to get the game in stores, depending on how hard they push. That means if they go gold by March 14th (which is 3 weeks of internal testing), and start open beta then, they could have it on shelves by March 31st (which gives 2 weeks of open beta).

They can make it, since they are 100% feature finished, the betas will be fairly short. All they are doing now is balancing features, which they could always do after release, doing bug fixes, which they can do after release, and giving the server side stress test and fixing their server coding, which they really have to do before release.

It is still possible for them to make it, and don't count them out yet.
Old 2003-02-22, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Confectrix
Spock,

I have a firewall and it went through no problem. Probably just congestion.

Keep trying.
Oh i do think that a lot of the problems are jsut congestion, but if your security settings are set to mess with cookies, java, scans, etc it blocks a lot of things like this. A firewall isnt the only thing that can mess stuff like that up. (take it from a code monkey)

Originally posted by OmnipotentKiwi
I doubt we will all get in first off.

Secondly, at one point the producers letter said that Open Beta would start March 2nd, however, since then it has been editted out.

It is still possible for them to make it, and don't count them out yet.
yep yep, but remember that 20,000 people will be in the open, that is a very good chance at getting in.

and you are the 2nd person to tell me about the date being the 2nd, I didnt get to see it b4 it was cut out, but if that date is even close, it makes a lot of sense as far as all the other dates.

If it is the 2nd that will be great, as it is only 8 days away!!!!
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."

Last edited by MrVulcan; 2003-02-22 at 08:07 PM.
Old 2003-02-22, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
TGF NightHawk
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by MrVulcan
guys, try setting your internet security to the lowest setting and apply, sometimes the settings can mess stuff up. Just an idea
Thanks for the suggestion, but, tried everything...is at the lowest settings! Oh well...if SOE doesn't care neither do I!
Old 2003-02-22, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
D-fective
Private

Well thats my philosiphy too Nighthawk. They dont give a shit about us, then we dont give a shit about them!
Old 2003-02-23, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
TGF NightHawk
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by D-fective
Well thats my philosiphy too Nighthawk. They dont give a shit about us, then we dont give a shit about them!
Yea, the way I see it...I'll just take my frustration out on the first Vanu or NC I see when the game is released!!
Old 2003-02-23, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
TGF NightHawk
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Ok....just completed my registration...whew!!
Old 2003-02-23, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
D-fective
Private

Did you do anything special to get it working?
Old 2003-02-23, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
TGF NightHawk
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Well, not really! My PC must not of liked the certificate security crap. Anyway..I used my son's PC and got into the beta page and then switched back to my computer & filled out the info & sent the DxDiag file. You must send the file from the PC you are going to be using tho!!
Old 2003-02-24, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Kyonye
Contributor
General

if someone could help me. i got through part 1 of the beta signup. when they asked for my dxdiag.txt, it never showed up on my screen. it started saying something about it might be under a different name but i doubt it. if you could help me figure out my problem, that would be very nice of whom ever it may be to help me.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-24, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Hamma
PSU Admin

Try and re-submit it here:

http://planetside.station.sony.com/b...d_dxdiag.jhtml

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion