Planetside 2 Information Thread v2.0 - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We eat babies.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-03-22, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Planetside 2 Information Thread v2.0

Not a ton has been released on sniping although we do know that Snipers will have a cloak similar to the infiltrator but it will NOT be as effective and will not last as long.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-22, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...ideo-interview

I don't know if other people have seen this one, but I did read on this site people wondering abot Beta timing. At the end of the video he give a loose commitment of 'in the next couple of months'.

Posted March 9th
Old 2012-03-23, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Really
Private

So what do we know so far about facility capture? I've read various things all over the place and can't remember what was what

Higby said this on his reddit AMA:

4) How many different capture points exist within facilities?
5-7

Do we know how analogous this concept is to CCs in the original PS?
Old 2012-03-23, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Gascogne
Private

How will spawning mainly work, any information on that?

All have read so far is no more AMS and squadspawning but the this one is not the main spawn function and it will have cooldown as well.

I thought the AMS worked great in the first planetside and no squad spawning..
Old 2012-03-31, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
PlaceboCyanide
Staff Sergeant

Thanks for all your work in amassing all of this information for the rest of us to devour.

Old 2012-03-31, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Gascogne View Post
How will spawning mainly work, any information on that?

All have read so far is no more AMS and squadspawning but the this one is not the main spawn function and it will have cooldown as well.

I thought the AMS worked great in the first planetside and no squad spawning..
You can spawn at deployed galaxies and bases.

Squad spawning requires a spec, has a longer cooldown than normal spawning, and drops a drop pod. Only usable outdoors.
Old 2012-04-01, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Owalpo

Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...ideo-interview

I don't know if other people have seen this one, but I did read on this site people wondering abot Beta timing. At the end of the video he give a loose commitment of 'in the next couple of months'.

Posted March 9th
He said 'over' the next couple of months they will be inviting people. That one word makes it even that much closer.
Old 2012-04-27, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
RadioFIN
Private

Hi, thanks for the really useful thread! I just joined the forums (the old, ugly dare I say, site layout had kept me away until now) and I instantly found some interesting information here.
Old 2012-05-10, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
VelRa
Sergeant

Great thread. I too just joined the forums. I gleaned through all this content about two weeks ago, and I have two questions which I don't recall if they were answered or not. Do we know all the base types in PS2: tech lab, bio lab, safezones, and towers? Are there bunkers which serve as capture points in the more wilderness-type areas they want us to fight in? Second, what does vehicle production look like? Can anyone spawn vehicles instantly if they have the resources, or is there a queue?
Old 2012-05-10, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Bags
Lieutenant General

There are amp/bio/tech safe zones and towers at the moment. With some scattered bunkers in those wilderness areas, yeah. Not every bit of land will have buildings on it.

I think vehicle production will be instant, but if lots of people are spawning vehicles I would imagine youd have to wait. Nothing concrete on that yet.
Old 2012-05-10, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
VelRa
Sergeant

Do we know concrete if certain vehicles can only be spawned at amp/tech/bio/safe. I read somewhere that a Galaxy was only at tech and safe. And on vehicles spawning at towers, perhaps that would just be, like, atv/lightning?
Old 2012-05-10, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by VelRa View Post
Do we know concrete if certain vehicles can only be spawned at amp/tech/bio/safe. I read somewhere that a Galaxy was only at tech and safe. And on vehicles spawning at towers, perhaps that would just be, like, atv/lightning?
Ya I think it is pretty concrete. An you are probably right about the towers.
Old 2012-05-16, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
atone
Sergeant

Has switching between VTOL (hover) and winged flight been addressed? i never heard whether it can be done freely, is there stipulations or if it's automated.
Old 2012-05-16, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by atone View Post
Has switching between VTOL (hover) and winged flight been addressed? i never heard whether it can be done freely, is there stipulations or if it's automated.
From what we have seen, it seems to work like in the first game, where you just increase your speed and it automatically adjusts the flight style.

All that we have heard about it was early on, when they mentioned that they had perfected the hover control scheme and the flying control scheme, but were still having some issues with the transition between the two. That was months ago and we haven't heard anything else, so again, based on the GDC footage, it looks like they have gotten it sorted out.
Old 2012-05-16, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
atone
Sergeant

thx xyntech, i didn't know if i had missed something. I gathered the same from the video but was hopeful for a free form mechanic. really would like to have switchable modes.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions