Quiz: What Empire should you join in PS2? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All your balls are belong to us.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-03, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Re: Quiz: What Empire should you join in PS2?

Originally Posted by CuddlyChud View Post
This quiz is fundamentally flawed. The correct answer is always TR. Your personal preferences are immaterial.
Actually the thought of making TR only result crossed my mind when making the quiz, however I wanted to be fair.
Old 2012-06-03, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
LegioX
First Sergeant

The quiz told me to pick Vanu. I will always be a pilot and consider speed to be life.....If im in trouble i always want to know i can run from a fight, look at my options then return. Is the Vanu for me? I don't know......
Old 2012-06-03, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

Originally Posted by LegioX View Post
The quiz told me to pick Vanu. I will always be a pilot and consider speed to be life.....If im in trouble i always want to know i can run from a fight, look at my options then return. Is the Vanu for me? I don't know......
Well if you're really looking at their aircraft the TR's Mosquito is the fastest of the three Empire's fighter craft, hands down. The VS Scythe isn't as fast but it is a great deal more maneuverable as its very as it can move in any direction equally fast. As opposed to the Mosquito which can only reach top speed if its traveling straight forward.
Old 2012-06-03, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
LegioX
First Sergeant

Any websites that show performance numbers of each aircraft? I really like the look of the Vanu AC. The NC looks nice too. TR looks ugly...lol
Old 2012-06-03, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

Any websites that show performance numbers of each aircraft? I really like the look of the Vanu AC. The NC looks nice too. TR looks ugly...lol
I don't think there are any hard numbers out for anything yet. The game is still in Alpha so of course there is still a lot tweaking going on. Even if we could get hard numbers they'd probably be outdated in week.
Old 2012-06-03, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
LegioX
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by cBselfmonkey View Post
I don't think there are any hard numbers out for anything yet. The game is still in Alpha so of course there is still a lot tweaking going on. Even if we could get hard numbers they'd probably be outdated in week.
Good deal. I really like the Vanu AC looks slick. Ill just wait until beta to decide which side to play for. Between NC and Vanu right now. TR can kiss it
Old 2012-06-04, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Santiak
Private

Basically, every faction can be percieved as either good or evil, this time around to a greater extent.

- Ask an NC about NC, and they'd say "They are the kind hearted corporations that listen to the masses. The mercenaries with a conscience. They fight the oppressive government, tied down in traditions that are no longer valid, and the fanatics that put their faith and hopes in prophecy and artificial progress, too eager to see where they are going."
Ask anyone else, and they'd say "They fight for egotistical goals under the guise of altruistic intentions. Mega-corporations angered by laws meant to stem chaos, and jobless mercenaries trying to create new venues. They are a devolution of the human race."

- Ask a VS about VS, and they'd say "They fight to improve upon the human race, since it's clear that, despite a long respite from war and conflict, we have not managed to elevate ourselves above our most basic nature. They fight so that war will never again be the answer."
Ask anyone else, and they'd say "They are fanatics that believe in myth and prophecy. They will stop at nothing to convert the entirety of the human race to this new-found faith. Either through withering away at the will of the masses, keeping technology to only those they deem worthy, or through force when the oppertunity arises."

- Ask a TR about TR, and they'd say "They fight to maintain the peace they have kept for centuries. They protect the people from those, that would try to cash in on the calamity of others, and they fight those, that would rob the weakened of their individuality with the lure of prophecy and prosperity, with no guarantees of it ever becoming a reality."
Ask anyone else, and they'd say "They fight in order to cling on to the last vestiges of power they have. They defer to old and outdated traditions, and use them as an excuse to hold those that need protection from ever gaining any power."

Back in PS, it was more of a "Power!", "Freedom!", "Technology!" trichotomy. While this time around, it's basically the same, but they have added arguments for and against each into the lore of the game. So it's more interesting choosing your empire, since you aren't just subscribing to a play-style, but to a greater extent, also which arguments you might find to be the most probable one - at least if you are undecided.

[Edit: Sorry about the horrible grammar - sleep depravation tends to do that to you. Tried to clean it up a bit. ^^]

Last edited by Santiak; 2012-06-04 at 01:14 AM.
Old 2012-06-04, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Purple
Sergeant Major

Both the VS and TR pride themselves on the speed that they can runaway.

Last edited by Purple; 2012-06-04 at 01:29 AM.
Old 2012-06-04, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
DesertFox
Private

I've been torn between the three factions, and I've been unable to choose. I've mostly been leaning toward TR or NC, and according to the quiz I should be going TR. I'm still not entirely convinced though. I love the NC tank, and I'm not a huge fan of red. Other than that, I really do prefer TR. Perhaps I'll get used to/start liking the TR colours once I'm in game?
Old 2012-06-05, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
tdopz
Private

Basically, from what I've gathered from the TotalHalibut/Higby video...

Vanu have the highest maneuverability
TR have the highest top speed
NC are slow, but durable and powerful
Old 2012-06-05, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Cheetah
Private

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
Both the VS and TR pride themselves on the speed that they can runaway.
RUNAWAAYYY! RUNAWAAYYY!!

Can we maybe convince the devs to put a cave with a killer rabbit in the game somewhere? Then we can all runaway valiently!!!
Old 2012-06-06, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
elsnakeo
Private

It gave me New Conglomerate, but I'll try all three before settling on one. I never played PS1 to really get an opinion on the factions, although fluff-wise I'd be firmly on the Vanu side of things... But I don't care for their color scheme and have a preference for projectile weapons...
Old 2012-06-06, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
maskedskull
Sergeant

I wound up getting the New Conglomerate but I'm still not entirely sure, I think it will come down to testing each one. I was initially considering Terran Republic (mostly because TotalBiscuit was hyping them out honestly, yes its a bit sad) however I'm not always a fan of high rate of fire weapons so NC does seem like a better fit for me. I guess it all depends if anyone I know starts to play and go where they go
Old 2012-06-10, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Vanu Techpriest
Corporal

The Vanu Sovereignty will lead humanity into the future! No longer will we be shackled by the shortsightedness of the pedantic Terran dictators or the New Conglomerate thugs. Through scientific perfection and purity we will transcend our physical limitations and realize our true potential!

Also, purple lazers... PEWPEW
Old 2012-06-10, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
WAAGHFACE
Private

I have always liked science and technology, and lo and behold, the test points me to the VS. All hail the machine god :P

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions