Why are you playing Vanu? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now in color!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-16, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Why are you playing Vanu?

We know many people are going to play Vanu, mostly mature players with mad leet skillz, but why are YOU going to play Vanu? And please, if your not going to play Vanu dont post here saying why in your wrong opinion why vanu suX0r and your feeble emipre R0X0rs.

Im playing Vanu for:

1) The back story, i like the Vanu and the Vanu cause the best. And i dont like either of the other two at all.
2) I think the Vanu's use of alien tech is pretty sweet, thus another bonus. Th weapons part is the main thing.
3) This is a poor reason, but the Vanu uniforms do look cool.
4)The Vanu are going to win.
Old 2002-11-16, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sadfre
Corporal

well my reasosns are basicly the same yours Tobias but i'll post them anyways to strengthen the cause

what mainly drew my attention to the Vanu at first was that they used alien technology, while the rest still relied on the old 'tried and true' stock. the weapons the vanu use are all outstanding and different from the other factions. main example of this is the Lasher, no other faction has a splash damage weapon that could easily take out light infantry as it can.

the next thing that led me to the Vanu was the background story. I've always sided with the people who are fighting against the old and oppresive Big Brother factions of the game and I've always liked the groups that take action immediately against it.

last but not least, of course, is the uniform. the guy in my sig has the best armor out of everything else in the game, hands down
Old 2002-11-16, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Aye the guy in your sig looks cool
Old 2002-11-16, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

First off, I don't want to sound offensive but I'm sick of you consistently calling the Vanu the best, the leetest, the uberest....bla blah.

Actually the empire is the Vanu Sovereignty, but they use the aliens' (who are called the Vanu) technology.

Anyway, I don't like laser weapons. Too pansy; pumpin' lead just feels great.

The New Conglomerate are rebels, which gives the idea of guerilla warfare, which is cool. And they have the Phoenix

Old 2002-11-16, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
CrazyMike
Sergeant

mostly mature players with mad leet skillz,
Oh man.. that cracks me up every time I read it...lol

CrazyMike
Old 2002-11-16, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Flashingfish
...And they have the Phoenix
The Phoenix? You couldn't pick a better weapon than that one?
Yes sure Phoenix is fly by wire missile but you only get one. It's not that uber.
Old 2002-11-16, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Kaikou
Second Lieutenant

course there's no telling which empire will be the best until all the players have joined them...the side with the most skill will probably win..not necessarily the empire with "the best weapons"
Old 2002-11-16, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
jamikey
Sergeant

People please stop typing "UBER". Everytime my girlfriend reads that she starts laughing at you poor UBER schmucks
Old 2002-11-16, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
�io
Lieutenant General

Wow, first 2 posts i read by Mr.Jamikey are both flames.

Me thinks ...

Old 2002-11-16, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
jamikey
Sergeant

Dio I post all the time. I don't mean to be a dick my g/f was being a total BEAATCH! oh well I guess its that time of the month again.
Old 2002-11-16, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

What sold me on Vanu?

Well I heard somehting to the effect of

TR gets rate of fire bunuses

NC gets shield bonuses

and

VS gets mobility bonuses.

I am not sure where this comes from or if it is only applied to the MAXs. It might not even be true. However I do like the idea of being the more mobile more agile faction (if it is true).

I do know that I like the TR republic uniforms the least. I also don't like their weaponry (not that it isn't good, just that it doesn't fit my style of play).

The NC uniform seems to be most visible at night (although it is the best looking).

VS uniform is sweet looking and should be very well concealed at night.

Who knows? When the I see more of the game I might change my mind.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2002-11-16, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Kaikou
Second Lieutenant

all 3 empires are evenly balanced, its the player structure in each one that will decide who gets owned and who owns
Old 2002-11-16, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Qanamil_Rafiki
Staff Sergeant

Maybe evenly balanced, but there are differences, such as with the MAXs.

From experience, VI/SoE are not too good at making a perfectly balanced game.

BUT I do think the deciding factor will be the people, when all is said and done.
Old 2002-11-16, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Red face

jamikey, you should never call your girl friend, or any woman for that matter, a bitch, beatch, or any other word of they type, its a sexist term and should not be used in reference to women, now telling a n00b "I'm gonna pwn j00 biznitch" shortly before he kills you with a AMP is oks. (Also the way girls act during that time of the month, aka their period, is because of raging hormones so they may not be that pleasant, just learn to get them rose's or something on the days you see them, a rose a day keeps the PMS at bay I like to say =p)

Last edited by Tobias; 2002-11-16 at 10:54 PM.
Old 2002-11-16, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by jamikey
Dio I post all the time. I don't mean to be a dick my g/f was being a total BEAATCH! oh well I guess its that time of the month again.
Yeah i noticed your other posts after, i kinda jumped to conclusions since the 2 first posts i say by you were badmouthing other peeps. Sorry bout that.

Originally posted by Lex_Steele
TR gets rate of fire bunuses

NC gets shield bonuses

and

VS gets mobility bonuses.

I am not sure where this comes from or if it is only applied to the MAXs.
Once again from the good old PSI chat :

<@CrazyMike> Dave.. Heavy armor. Can you tell us what thier "special abilities" are?

<@SmokeJumperPS> The Terran Republic MAX can anchor to the ground. The TR weaponry is usually pretty high rate of fire, but when a TRMAX (Mechanized Assault eXo-suit) anchors itself down, it increases its ROF dramatically, resulting in weapons that pour a hail of lead in any specific direction. When anchored, however, the TR MAX can't pivot more than 60 degrees.

The New Conglomerate is typically about heavy damage and shielding. Thus, their MAX utilizes internal energy reserves to power a spherical force shield that can be activated to prevent incoming damage. Once drained, the NCMAX's energy reserve must reaccumulate.

The Vanu Sovereignty usually focus on mobility and speed and their MAX is in focus with that desire. The VS MAX can thrust up and forward, giving it a very limited "jumpjet" ability to do arcs over intervening obstacles (like walls). Additionally, the VSMAX is more maneuverable and faster, but at the expense of some armor.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion