PC Gamer Review (Finally some advertising) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Quotes are a pain to think of
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-07, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

PC Gamer Review (Finally some advertising)

PC Gamer, probably the UKs biggest PC games magazine has given PS a score of 93% and awarded it July 2003 Game of the Month, hopefully this will bring PS to the masses!
Old 2003-06-07, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TekDragon
Contributor

Yes... cause we all know that reviews are meant to be advertisements and not actual intellegent/balanced ratings of the game.

Anyone want to lay a guess on how many 0's were in the check Sony sent PC gamer?

I mean.. i know PC Gamer is crap. Ive seen their mags at the local comic shops and im always shaking my head at their reviews. I cant believe anyone would subscribe to that POS.
Old 2003-06-07, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

Good reviews can be balanced views AND advertising. BTW, if you were trying to insult me with the subscribing POS comment, I don't subscribe. What have you got against good PS reviews anyway?
Old 2003-06-07, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Way to set up Tek's soapbox about how his review is good and all the people who write them for money are whores, Sp3ctre.

You have been awarded +5 Grief Points.
Old 2003-06-07, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Originally posted by TekDragon
Yes... cause we all know that reviews are meant to be advertisements and not actual intellegent/balanced ratings of the game.

Anyone want to lay a guess on how many 0's were in the check Sony sent PC gamer?

I mean.. i know PC Gamer is crap. Ive seen their mags at the local comic shops and im always shaking my head at their reviews. I cant believe anyone would subscribe to that POS.
What a load of propaganda.

You obviously dont like the game so stfu and stfd and go play tribes.
Old 2003-06-07, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Moolex
Private

PC gamer is not crap, and is in no way "paid off". Look at their reviews of some of the biggest name games. i mean most mags and stuff gave Unreal 2 really good ratings, but PC Gamer only gave it a 71%, wich i felt it deserved
Old 2003-06-07, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Originally posted by Squeeky
What a load of propaganda.

You obviously dont like the game so stfu and stfd and go play tribes.
What he said. ^
Old 2003-06-07, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Doppler
Contributor
Major

PC GAMER

Personaly i gotta say I agree with Tek (waits for the world to end) PC Gamer lost it's abjetivity a long time ago, any game that shells out the duckats for a huge spread gets a nice review score. I'm not saying I have definite proof of this just a definite corolation I'v enoticed. I no longer subscribe to PC Gamer, too much of the reviews and content seemed to be "Look at how cool we are" and not enough actual stats on the games. Also IMHO whoever does their page layout and picks their screenshots is on crack. I'm not saying I know anything etter although i kind of like gamespot's review, and some of the gamespy stuff is decent, although they make no pretentions of objectivity. Both of these sources are free.

Tek's a planetside hater/forum troll this is true, but PC GAMER is right up there with the washington post in journalistic integrity right now.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-06-07, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Seer
Major

You mean to say, Tek, that PC Game, the industry's most well known print medium, has been 'bought off' by the amount of advertising space PS has in their magazine? It has been established the PS isn't even advertised very well, or very frequently, compared to other titles. Are you then implying that the reviewer was bribed? That's ludicrous and baseless. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're corrupt.

In any case, I don't think PS is a 93% game, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's definitely a 93% game if you can find a solid, intelligent, organized group of players to play with.

And what's wrong with WaPo?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion