Thresher Concept by Typwn - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stalkin webcams since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-15, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Thresher Concept by Typwn

For some reason I was inspired to create a Planetside 2 Thresher Concept. Not sure if this would really be the right section for it, but basically could you see this in Planetside 2 and if not what would you change? Is this how you envision the Thresher in Planetside 2 or do you have a different vision? Let me know, thanks!

Old 2012-04-15, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Re: Thresher Concept by Typwn

I never liked the thresher in PS1. It was the ugliest of the bunch.

I'd imagine it as a smaller magrider. The mag is a big equilateral triangle + some splines here and there.

The thresher should be an isosceles with two inline seats. Narrow and fast. The arrow of the Vanu armor.

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-04-15 at 05:46 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post

I'd imagine it as a smaller magrider. The mag is a big equilateral triangle + some splines here and there.

The thresher should be an isosceles with two inline seats. Narrow and fast. The arrow of the Vanu armor.
I actually used threshers allot but they were not line units. they were better at recon and skirmishers.

Basicly cut 2 boxes of ammo from the trunk and add ACEs/ AMMO and medkits and you got the best recon vehicle in the game.

Had allot of fun crossing rivers to drop off a cloaker to plant some CE and boomer enemies then cover him with a heavy scout rifle.

Howevey I think these guys are cutting the buggies as they were not in battlefield.
Old 2012-04-16, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Fenrod
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Marinealver View Post
Howevey I think these guys are cutting the buggies as they were not in battlefield.
Huhu, yeah, you're right.

Anyway, the vehicle you drew is awesome but you should try to lengthen the cockpit ; imo it's slightly too cambered.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Fenrod View Post
Anyway, the vehicle you drew is awesome but you should try to lengthen the cockpit ; imo it's slightly too cambered.
Yeah I've gotten back a lot of great feedback and will work on a new concept when I have free time. I'm going to focus on making it more streamlined and open cockpit, but before I do that I have a few ideas for some Nanite Systems vehicles. One is a small PS1 mosquito style scout ship for cloakers, and the other is a VTOL Light Troop Transport Platform that allows passengers to fire freely while being transported.
Old 2012-04-15, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Fenrod
Sergeant

Misc Info

Damn, this one looks good.
Old 2012-04-15, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Typwn View Post
For some reason I was inspired to create a Planetside 2 Thresher Concept. Not sure if this would really be the right section for it, but basically could you see this in Planetside 2 and if not what would you change? Is this how you envision the Thresher in Planetside 2 or do you have a different vision? Let me know, thanks!
I actually like that quite a bit, course I liked the Thresher too... The propulsion devices seem to be armored and sloped, cockpit has good situational awareness... Looks like form followed function, good job.

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 2012-04-15, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post

I'd imagine it as a smaller magrider. The mag is a big equilateral triangle + some splines here and there. The thresher should be an isosceles with two inline seats. Narrow and fast. The arrow of the Vanu armor.
I loved the thresher in Planetside 1, especially when it was Red and Black. Driving it was a ton of fun, and I really like the style of it from the original, so I took some queues from some of the VS PS2 vehicles and came up with this.

Originally Posted by Fenrod View Post
Damn, this one looks good.
Thanks Fenrod! Hopefully others like it as well, didn't take too long and I don't have a weapon mounted on the top but I'm happy with it. I didn't include the VS logos cause I don't have the rights to them lol.

Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
I actually like that quite a bit, course I liked the Thresher too... The propulsion devices seem to be armored and sloped, cockpit has good situational awareness... Looks like form followed function, good job.
Thank you very much Grognard! I really wanted to give it a closed cockpit because I feel it fits the VS look more in Planetside 2. I'm sure I could come up with an open cockpit style as well, I just don't think it would be in the new style of the VS.
Old 2012-04-15, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
moosepoop
Captain

i am sorry, but it looks like a purple lobster. the original thresher looked fine.
Old 2012-04-15, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Very 50's retro. I like it.

But in regards to PlanetSide 2 it looks like shit.
Old 2012-04-15, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
i am sorry, but it looks like a purple lobster. the original thresher looked fine.
Not to double post (just noticed I didn't see this before) but it does kinda look like a purple lobster haha. Remember I was going for a Thresher in Planetside 2 style, so I'm happy with how it came out. Also, I got a request to do a top and side view, so I may end up modeling it for shits and giggles.

Last edited by Saieno; 2012-04-15 at 07:38 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Looks awesome man! If it was narrowed down a bit to look slimmer and more like a spaceship Ferrari, I'll switch to VS from TR :P
Old 2012-04-16, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Heaven
Master Sergeant

I loved the original version, it looked very errm... Ganster-ish lol. Youve version of the new thresher looks really cool man
Old 2012-04-16, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

I like it, i think as far as PS2 goes though we will see the devs take them in a slightly different direction.

Then again i thought the armour sets were nowhere near similar and theyre virtually identical. So eff me.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
AshOck
Private

Loved the thresher back when you could mow people down with it

As for its crazy disco ball gun.. not very effective :/
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion