How to work implants into the game - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because spamming outfit chat isn't enough...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-19, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
phungus
Master Sergeant

How to work implants into the game

I've always figured implants were a bad idea. But someone here posted about them in the GU13 proposed list changes thread I thought made sense. Implants cost Certs/SC to unlock, once unlocked they could be purchased for the time limit by resources.

That made sense to me.

What were some other ideas. How do you guys think they will make implants work (it's a good way to get revenue, I can't imagine they'd abandon them).
Old 2013-07-19, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Re: How to work implants into the game

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
I've always figured implants were a bad idea. But someone here posted about them in the GU13 proposed list changes thread I thought made sense. Implants cost Certs/SC to unlock, once unlocked they could be purchased for the time limit by resources.

That made sense to me.

What were some other ideas. How do you guys think they will make implants work (it's a good way to get revenue, I can't imagine they'd abandon them).
I kinda feel that implants are in the game already or not needed. The implants usually was or combated a specific infiltrator skill or gave a skill that is currently in game available via certs. I mean who needs a melee booster when you have quick knife? Who needs range mag when you can get 12x scopes? Who needs darklight when there's no perma sneak? Who needs regen when medics have AOE heal? Who needs sensor shield when noone shows up consistently on the radar anyway?

The implants are boosts and SOE already sells those. There are already threads where resource gains of subscribers vs free players are already being described as P2W.

What else would be an implant that doesn't topple the balance of things?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion