A terminal hacking idea - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Key Exchange Who?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-20, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
infinite loop
First Sergeant

BadAsh - I completely agree with Jagd, besides the flame stuff

I understand your side of things, but you can't argue it wouldn't make the game more vanilla by making those changes. One of this game's strengths is the variety of gameplay, especially weapons, vehicles, and playstyle. If you'll notice, I have characters of all 3 empires, and my goal is to max out all 3 one day. Some days I get tired of using the same weapons, so I login to another server and have fun with something different. If the weapons were all the same, the alternative would be for me to either not play, or play another game. I don't like that alternative.

Besides my personal enjoyment of having different characters, I really love the tactics involved that you described. I like having to react differently to my opponent, depending on their empire and weapon. It makes it so much more interesting than if everyone had the same shit. Honestly, I can't think of many successful games that have come out in the last few years that had the exact same weapons and vehicles for all sides. All the WWII games are very similar to PS, and people love those games.

Maybe you're just a deathmatch kinda guy, and that's cool. Just don't ask for PS to fit that need for you. Go play UT or Quake instead! Oh and btw, love the Army of Darkness reference in your name!
Old 2003-11-20, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I'll just take your Repeater by force, thank you.
Old 2003-11-20, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Ait'al
Contributor
General

remade hack system:

(empire specific weapons section)
-If hacking terminal of enemy base that does not have a base of your empire that is connected to it by a line in the base map thing, can only get common pool stuff.

-If there is one controled by your empire next to it you can get your empire specific stuff as well.

-After a normal equipment hack the common pool items will be available at all times with your empire specific stuff greyed out. Unless an Empire controled base is next to it. At wich point they will become grey or ungrey (become availabe/unavailable)as there is an empire base connected/or not after the completed hack/"as you look at the items list on the terminal".(For your Empire Specific items only)

-All other things that affect the hacking proccess apply.

Will post Enemy Empire specific items section later.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-20 at 04:55 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion