Your close-range, infantry-to-infantry combat strategy? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Straight Outta Compton
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-20, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BDMJ
First Sergeant

For close range it's either boomers or some surge action with my scatter pistol.

Dancing around a HA user and owning them with a pistol is very satisfying.
Old 2003-11-20, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

My close range strategy is to avoid it when possible.

If I can't do that I usually go equipped with a Sweeper or Thumper. I try to never go head on if possible. I'd rather take some time to move behind or off to the side so they don't see me coming until I open fire. This goes the same when indoors. Move around the base until you can come up on them from behind. Surprise is the best weapon in the game.

I also like close combat in my Lightning. I love going on the offense and getting in close with the 12mm. I don't even fear Decimator users when doing this. They'll be lucky if they get one shot off before I gun them down. Withdraw, repair and repeat.
Old 2003-11-20, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
TF_Exit
Private

I run around in circles with mcg, if there is more then one I use surge. If they are hiding behind a tree I use 3rd person and they usually are healing or something and send me a hate tell, expecially when I say "YOUR BEST IS MY WORST" so yea.....
Old 2003-11-20, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
noxious
Second Lieutenant

I use agile armor with the lasher or sweeper at all times while on foot so close range is ideal. Simply side strafing back and fourth at uneven intervals works best. Going all one direction, circling your oppoenent, is a bad idea. The idea of maintaining mobility while shooting is, though your accuracy is reduced, your opponent must constantly reacquire you inorder to hit you. Strafing in one direction gives you lesser accuracy, but makes you only marginally harder to hit against all but the newest players.

If I can get my hands on a jackhammer, I use standard armor. The added mobility + surge to get to point blank is well worth the trade off. If you have not tried this I suggest you do, it's quite effect if you practice at it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion