PS Movie - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My trigger finger is getting tired
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-21, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Common
Private

PS Movie

I recently slapped together some footage of an outfit raid (Rebel Nation Soldiers - VS - Emerald) to show to my outfit mates, and to use as a general recruitment movie for people interested in joining up with us. You all have seen lots of PS movies, so I'm looking for a little feedback on it (i.e., if you were looking for an outfit as a VS on Emerald and saw this, would it sway you one way or the other). Anyway, here's the link:

www.universalrealms.com/common/RnS.mpg

To conserve bandwidth, please download it to your HD. It's about 4 odd minutes, and is about 47mb.
Old 2003-11-21, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Otis
Master Sergeant

The recording quality was good, but the actual movie wasn't that good. Most the time you guys are only fighting 2 or 3 enemies, and when you are in the action, it just looks like your outnumbering them. I think this could have easily been some hollywood magic, I'M NOT SAYING IT IS. The little comment about being the best outfit on emerald? As far as I can see, most likely not. Other than the material, yes the movie quality was good.

Peace
Old 2003-11-21, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
delta
First Sergeant

It was very good quality. It showed very good organization but like Otis said you needed some more action and more enemy resistence. If you're using a TeamSpeak or Ventrillo Server it may be nice to overlay some communication on that.

Rawr! I'm a tiger! I'm also fluffy but I have big teeth!
Old 2003-11-21, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Common
Private

Yeah, I realize the action, as far as getting a lot of fighting footage, is lacking. Like I mentioned in my post, all the footage was taken during one outfit raid, and all by me. I am a support character for the most part, and I'm a pretty bad shot, so the first person fighting footage is a bit weak. That said, I wanted to show the amount of organization we use in our raids as far as using mass transport, and coordination. It may look like we had the larger force, but we were waaaaay outnumbered by TR at those bases and towers. I appreciate the comments however. I am getting things organized with others in my outfit as far as footage from another perspective, so hopefully the next movie will be much tighter.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion