Dual wield pistols yes or no? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now lice free!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

View Poll Results: Dual wield pistols for PS2
Yes 15 14.71%
No 72 70.59%
Have to see it first in beta 15 14.71%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.13 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-03-18, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hoodlum
Corporal

Dual wield pistols yes or no?

I've always loved pistols in games and can't wait to test out my new NC pistol but I was thinking, how would you guys feel about being able to give up your rifle (or SMG) and be able to dual wield pistols ? I think it might be for Light Assault only but would be pretty cool and fun. So thoughts ?

P.S. I saw some older threads but there from 2003 lol
Old 2012-03-18, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Dual wield pistols yes or no?

Shit dude, run...
Old 2012-03-18, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hoodlum
Corporal

Why what do you think Zulthus?
Old 2012-03-18, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Atheosim
Captain

Fuck no, there's no such thing as dual wielding futuremagic or not.
Old 2012-03-18, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
Fuck no, there's no such thing as dual wielding futuremagic or not.
Why
Old 2012-03-18, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Shit dude, run...
That's not nice. You started the best dual wielding thread on the forum. You're ah hero. Here.

I like dual wielding all weapons personally if it's designed from the start in a balanced way with dual reticules. Apparently some games have implemented dual wielding poorly in the past. Also it's seen as too "cool" to be in the game since Planetside is apparently supposed to be a realistic shooter set in a science fiction game. Allowing dual wielding apparently breaks some people's immersion because they imagine everyone running around with two weapons like pistols.

Take people's thoughts with a grain of salt. They often don't understand how dual pistols could be balanced or how they could work. For anyone that is about to post read the full dual wielding thread. Lots of stuff in there about medics dual wielding pistols and medical applicators so they don't have to holster. Lot of combat medic stuff and combat engineer ideas.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-03-18 at 02:10 AM.
Old 2012-03-18, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hoodlum
Corporal

Why is everyone so against dual wielding it has it's own set of cons like longer reloads, smaller magazines, less range, you wouldn't be able to use iron sights .... if you don't like the idea please comment as to why
Old 2012-03-18, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
That's not nice. You started the best dual wielding thread on the forum. You're ah hero. Here.
I was being nice. That's why I said "Run".
Old 2012-03-18, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
Why is everyone so against dual wielding it has it's own set of cons like longer reloads, smaller magazines, less range, you wouldn't be able to use iron sights .... if you don't like the idea please comment as to why
Nobody likes it because it's different and resembles COD. I'll give it to you straight, you're not going to have any luck with it.
Old 2012-03-18, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post

I like dual wielding all weapons personally if it's designed from the start in a balanced way with dual reticules. Apparently some games have implemented dual wielding poorly in the past. Also it's seen as too "cool" to be in the game since Planetside is apparently supposed to be a realistic shooter set in a science fiction game. Allowing dual wielding apparently breaks some people's immersion because they imagine everyone running around with two weapons like pistols.

Take people's thoughts with a grain of salt. They often don't understand how dual pistols could be balanced or how they could work. For anyone that is about to post read the full dual wielding thread. Lots of stuff in there about medics dual wielding pistols and medical applicators so they don't have to holster. Lot of combat medic stuff and combat engineer ideas.
Lol thank you for the link I didn't see the other thread, but yes to each there own but I feel they could be balanced and have there own pros and cons, thank you for commenting !
Old 2012-03-18, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
I was being nice. That's why I said "Run".
Well I'm glad to know you've got my back, at least until beta comes out and you shoot up my nice new NC armor. As for it being 'New" that's a good thing this is Planetside 2 were talking about we want new idea's and features .... don't we ? Also sorry I started a new thread didn't see you had one going on the subject
Old 2012-03-18, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Atheosim
Captain

Honestly, I just think it's absurd. I won't be bothered very greatly if it's implemented, but I'd rather they not invest any time or resources implementing and balancing something so blatantly absurd and fashion oriented.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sirisian
Colonel

Honestly, I just think it's absurd. I won't be bothered very greatly if it's implemented, but I'd rather they not invest any time or resources implementing and balancing something so blatantly absurd and fashion oriented.
That was the fastest change of heart I've ever seen. You went from "Fuck no" to "I won't be bothered". That's very big of you. I like that also "fashion oriented". As a F2P title there's gonna be a lot of fashion in the game.

Regarding balancing and spending time that's just something anything in the game will have to go through. Since this thread is purely about dual pistols it sounds easier to balance than generating a matrix of all possible weapon and item combinations that would happen with a more general idea. L4D is a good example of dual wielding I think. I'd still prefer independent reticules where shooting one pistol increases the COF of one and maybe a little bit of the other reticule so you can use skill in controlling the COF. Obviously you can't use sights so there's trade offs for the ammo count. Rate of fire modifiers could also be put in place.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hoodlum
Corporal

Dual pistols in L4D is my favorite!
Old 2012-03-18, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hoodlum
Corporal

Sounds alot better then a fuck no any day!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault