Zam PS2 writeup - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome back for the first time again!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-08, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Zam PS2 writeup

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=26976
Old 2011-07-08, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: Zam PS2 writeup

ECONOMY??
Old 2011-07-08, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sifer2
Major

So Vehicles can be customized just like weapons. Sounds like all vehicles will get the BFR treatment. Also the idea of mountain based combat with capturing stuff focused on air vehicles sounds neat. Probably another reason there may be jetpacks.
Old 2011-07-08, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
ECONOMY??
If you want a game that has staying power, build in some kind of economics.

But, man, I really hope we don't have to buy weapons each time we spawn or something. Leave that for DUST.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-07-08, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Raymac
Brigadier General

Just so many great things I'm hearing in these write ups. I know it looks like alot of people are focusing on things they may not like, and while PS2 won't be a "perfect" game, it is sounding like the game I've been waiting for. I'm not going to be able to contain my excitement.
Old 2011-07-08, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
dpranker
Private

I think the economy/resource thing will be fine

From what they've said, its just for purchasing upgrades, and I seriously doubt they would make it so you have to spend resources every time you want equipment
Old 2011-07-08, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post

But, man, I really hope we don't have to buy weapons each time we spawn or something. Leave that for DUST.
From the sounds of it we'll be given the base vehicles/weapons/armors. Upgrades/attachments/addons will be purchased with the economy.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

I suspect you will buy your weapon mods and vehicle customization's.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
Traded commodities is a bad idea in an FPS. The Chinese goldfarmers and their follow-on cocksuckery in the form of gold-spammers will be all over this shit.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Traded commodities is a bad idea in an FPS. The Chinese goldfarmers and their follow-on cocksuckery in the form of gold-spammers will be all over this shit.

Then ignore them. I can do it easily.

Plus this is a pvp game, with friendly fire. To farm they must fight. If they are annoying you can kill them. Or tell other empire friends where they are to kill them. Stop whining and take matters into your own hands.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-07-08 at 02:26 PM.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Then ignore them. I can do it easily. [...] Stop whining and take matters into your own hands.
I know how the ignore feature works, but thanks for being a condescending prick for the sake of being a condescending prick. The ignore feature works as long as there's not a cap on the amount of people you can ignore - however, when you get a game with commodities and you get ten spammers in the span of two minutes all day long, you tend to spend more time using the ignore feature than you do anywhere else. Especially if they're in public channels as well as sending you private tells. These are people who've been doing this for years - it's a science to them, with specialized tools and macros. Half the time they don't even have a guy sitting at the computer - it's a series of accounts which get logged in via macro, which allows them to do what they do.

Unless you're an antagonistic jackass who likes to troll, let me provide you with a solution, which is the difference between critique and whining. I worked Customer Support on three different MMOs and had to deal with these knob-slobbers. We had one person per game whose sole job was to run around and find goldspammers and ban them. He stayed busy ALL DAY. The best solution is to not have an economy and not to have free accounts. Full stop. No economy = no farmers and no spammers. Free accounts allows for spammer accounts to get in and do their thing. Failing that, a robust system to verify accounts is a second line of defense. Meaning, email verification with an activation link - a lot of the accounts for goldspammers used a bullshit email because we never verified, they could literally type in "[email protected]" and they'd be in-game within a minute. I've seen one company that takes it even further, using a Flash log-in with a randomized keypad that requires you to move your mouse and click buttons. This serves the purpose of defeating log-in macros.

I'll reserve further judgment until I see what type of economy it is, but my statements stand.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Wow so far its all sounding just great. I can't wait for the beta to start and then get the feel for the game. And hopefully they will be but they are making it seem like the devs will be paying attention to player feedback and revolving around that. Heres hoping to wasting more time playing an awesome game!
Old 2011-07-08, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Hey, on economy....I don't think its like what everyones making out to be. First impression on my end its a thing in the game. If your faction is in control of it, you can unlock more things. It's not going to be a currency or anything that is farmable for the individual player
Old 2011-07-08, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Vancha
Colonel

Yeah, I don't think the extent to which these "resources" exist as a commodity will be at all appealing to the chinese farmer crowd.
Old 2011-07-08, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Reginald
Private

There probably isnt any way to trade/transfer these resources between players/factions. It dosent act like a tradeable commodity but instead is a "buff" to whomever has more control over the worlds resources.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion