*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 54 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Damn lawn-mowers... I-I mean Magriders
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-29, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #796
Chowley
Corporal

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

*shakes his fist at SOE*

Just checked my mail. I saw Sony Online Entertainment: Subject - Congratulations! etc.

I thought oh my god, PS2 beta has started. Noooo.......
Bullet Run beta invite A bit silly of me really. Nearly had a heart attack.
Old 2012-06-29, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #797
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
I think filtering out some of PS1 vets will good for the game. I'm honestly not trying to troll here, but the less this game plays like an MMO the more likely it will be a hit.
Hmm I think filtering out some of the vets is a good idea in general, the less it plays like Planetside 1 the better. After going back and playing for a few days I've realized that the game really requires no skill, especially indoors. It's all about AOE spam and vehicle combat is only a numbers game, and also relies upon rock paper scissors mechanics. In 2003 the game was fantastic, now its borderline boring. I enjoy playing it when outdoors, sniping or engaging in medium range battles, those battles are always the best.

I too received that email Chowley, extremely frustrating.. I almost passed out..
Old 2012-06-29, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #798
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Chowley View Post
*shakes his fist at SOE*

Just checked my mail. I saw Sony Online Entertainment: Subject - Congratulations! etc.

I thought oh my god, PS2 beta has started. Noooo.......
Bullet Run beta invite A bit silly of me really. Nearly had a heart attack.
Same here Chow. We got trolled hard.

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-29, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #799
JoeBro
Private

I hope closed beta starts tomorrow, or at least after the event on July 1st
Old 2012-06-29, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #800
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by JoeBro View Post
I hope closed beta starts tomorrow, or at least after the event on July 1st
I bet beta would have already started if it weren't for that stupid event.
Old 2012-06-29, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #801
Zar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
Hmm I think filtering out some of the vets is a good idea in general, the less it plays like Planetside 1 the better. After going back and playing for a few days I've realized that the game really requires no skill, especially indoors. It's all about AOE spam and vehicle combat is only a numbers game, and also relies upon rock paper scissors mechanics. In 2003 the game was fantastic, now its borderline boring. I enjoy playing it when outdoors, sniping or engaging in medium range battles, those battles are always the best.

I too received that email Chowley, extremely frustrating.. I almost passed out..
thats super weird coming from a nc XD considering your Heavy weapon was the best indoor spam weapon xD but i agree with you head shots and ttk in ps2 look much better
Old 2012-06-29, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #802
Grapes
Private

Did they shaft us for the announcement, or will they actually do it this weekend?
Old 2012-06-29, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #803
Poser
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
Did they shaft us for the announcement, or will they actually do it this weekend?
The grand announcement already happened.... PS1 vets get play PS1 for free tomorrow. That was it.
Old 2012-06-29, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #804
Chowley
Corporal

Ah lol such an evil trolling too . Id nearly not play it now to spite them!
Old 2012-06-30, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #805
Grapes
Private

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
The grand announcement already happened.... PS1 vets get play PS1 for free tomorrow. That was it.
wow. What a disappointment :s
Old 2012-06-30, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #806
DreadPirate
Private

Those vets will be what's still supporting this game long after you've gone on to play the next big console shooter.

Don't forget, the beauty of planetside was that it allowed for all kinds of play styles to coexist within the same game. There's no reason that the community should be split, find an outfit that values what you do best and fill the other side with holes on the battlefield.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #807
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DreadPirate View Post
Those vets will be what's still supporting this game long after you've gone on to play the next big console shooter.

Don't forget, the beauty of planetside was that it allowed for all kinds of play styles to coexist within the same game. There's no reason that the community should be split, find an outfit that values what you do best and fill the other side with holes on the battlefield.
I've a vet, I plan on supporting this game for quite some time. I don't play console shooters.

Now, look at Planetside 1. After most peoples 30 day free trial was up, continents stopped getting pop locked. 9 years later and they give 30 free days, and there are multiple poplocks. So the question becomes what will happen to PS2, and in my opinion without vets alone cannot support this game. For one, it won't be fun because there won't be enough people, and 2: the game won't make money.

But your absolutely right about the awesomeness that is planetside though, but some people simply won't want to play the game if it's not fun.

Last edited by Landtank; 2012-06-30 at 12:28 PM.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #808
Machingunjo
Private

Hello everyone,
I'am new to the forums. But not to Planetside (BR19 CR3). 28 years old.
This talk about veterans and gameplay has inspired me to comment.

I've be playing Battlefield since the start of the series (1942).
I've also played COD, Crysis, ArmA, ArmA 2, EvE, WoW....and many more.
I've also played WW2 Battleground Europe, simply because there is nothing of that scale.
I've also purchased the original X-box when it came out. For Halo 1 exclusively. And nothing beyond that. No Halo 2, 6, or 10, or whatever it's at now.

In terms of feel, I would say WW2OBE is at the bottom. PlanetSide 1 is somewhat better. The other games fall somewhere within that spectrum, with BF3 at the top. Say what you want, but there is no denying BF3s feel and fluidity are superior to any other game at the moment. With enough realism to make the gun play feel believable. Unlike COD which feel like an arcade. Many people on the WW2OBE forums would argue WW2OBE has superior feel, which is made obvious by the fact that many people are still playing. Let me tell you, it's like beating your head against the wall. It's fine you like a game the way it is. I like WW2OBE too. But don't tell me WW2OBE feels good to you.
I go back to WW2OBE now and again. And I always think.....If only WW2OBE played like BF3. The game would never die, and the servers would always be full.

(For those that havn't played WW2OBE, the TTK is "0". One bullet is usually all it takes.)

Introducing PlanetSide 2. OMAIGA!! I can not describe how excited I am. I have a feeling I've finally gotten what I wanted all these years. WW2OBE's scale with BF3's feel. In my opinion PlanetSide 2 has taken a turn in the natural direction due to technology and the general expectations of the PC community. I say general expectations, because I foresee some folks still playing WW2OBE or BF3 when PS2 comes out. But not me folks, not me.

To All the naysayers, or so call "veterans" (I'm a veteran too BTW.)
Prepare to get your butt handed to you. NC JackHammer style post-launch!
Old 2012-06-30, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #809
lawnmower
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Machingunjo View Post
Say what you want, but there is no denying BF3s feel and fluidity are superior to any other game at the moment.
say waht you want, but you cant get further from being factual than that

Originally Posted by Machingunjo View Post
But don't tell me WW2OBE feels good to you.
dont tell me bf3 feels good to you
Old 2012-06-30, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #810
DreadPirate
Private

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
I've a vet, I plan on supporting this game for quite some time. I don't play console shooters.

Now, look at Planetside 1. After most peoples 30 day free trial was up, continents stopped getting pop locked. 9 years later and they give 30 free days, and there are multiple poplocks. So the question becomes what will happen to PS2, and in my opinion without vets alone cannot support this game. For one, it won't be fun because there won't be enough people, and 2: the game won't make money.

But your absolutely right about the awesomeness that is planetside though, but some people simply won't want to play the game if it's not fun.

Ya, I agree with you. Planetside was pretty well populated for the 4 years I played it tho. I'm just sick of the community being split is all. I really think this game provides the rare opportunity to allow both play styles to blow each other to smithereens.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion