News: New Conglomerate Interview with Matt Higby - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The place where we deal with OUR reality.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-01, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Graywolves
General

Re: New Conglomerate Interview with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
Need moar grey!!!
What's up?
Old 2012-06-01, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

The NC terrorist and the Vanu fanatics will not see a Planetside 3. The Tr will crush them and bring peace and unity to humanity once again.

Old 2012-06-01, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
The NC terrorist and the Vanu fanatics will not see a Planetside 3. The Tr will crush them and bring peace and unity to humanity once again.
Planetside 3: Reenactments of the Terran Victory
Old 2012-06-01, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

The Auraxian TR forgot how to make peace a long time ago. Fortunately the NC will be more then happy to remind them and their grandpa tech how to make war
Old 2012-06-01, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by cBselfmonkey View Post
The Auraxian TR forgot how to make peace a long time ago. Fortunately the NC will be more then happy to remind them and their grandpa tech how to make war
With DuckTape?

Old 2012-06-01, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

With DuckTape?
Its the handyman's secret weapon. Don't besmirch it!
Old 2012-06-01, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

oh yes this game will be fun again

Old 2012-06-01, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zekeen
Major

With DuckTape?
Ducktape and cement!!!....... and a long pier with a great ocean view!!!!
Old 2012-06-01, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Pyreal
First Sergeant

From Interview:

The New Conglomerate was initially formed on Earth, as a mega-collective of civilian corporations who worked alongside the Terran Republic government on virtually every project throughout the solar system.
The N.C. was formed for the sole purpose of infiltrating President Connery's expedition to the Moon Belt, as can be seen here.

This entry is of particular note:

Date: July 10, 2630

I’m not sure if becoming a political party in opposition to the T.R. is the best way to go, but I am proposing bringing business, unions and, well, yes, even the mercenaries together in sort of a new conglomerate. Without engaging our services, Connery won’t be able to get to his rooftop penthouse, let alone the Moon Belt.

Time Line:

As we can see the early plans for the N.C. were first brought up in 2630, one year before Connery's expedition to the Moon Belt in 2631. And only ten years before entering the wormhole [the fleet entered the wormhole on October 20, 2640], hardly enough time to work alongside the Terran Republic "on virtually every project throughout the solar system.".

Purpose:
The main goal of the N.C. was to infiltrate Connery's expedition to the Moon Belt and reap the benefits of any findings there. As Connery wanted nothing to do with these businessmen, the N.C. was formed as a clandestine organization.
The N.C.'s stated aim was to gain control within Connery's expedition through his finances, fleet works, and guardian services without Connery's knowledge.

The notion that the N.C. was a quasi-government contractor working shoulder to shoulder with the T.R. is incongruent with the necessities of their purpose.

Interview:
After arriving on Auraxis, the New Conglomerate continued to work along with the Terran Republic on shaping and building up the new world.
Lieutenant Commander Brent Waterson:
The majority of that ‘small fraction’ we’ve been throwing into Explorer-5’s jail have connections to that New Conglomerate group. ... There were half a dozen casualties in that housing ship just last week. What happens when your daughter ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time? The N.C. is going to tear this fleet apart.
As we read here Lt. Commander Waterson is fully aware of the ongoing and escalating danger that the N.C. posed to the fleet. Not only that but from the following excerpt it is clear that Waterson, who became the provisional commander after the murder of Connery, intended to blame the N.C. for the act:

Who would question us if we pinned it on some of Mattherson’s starving N.C. cronies? We’re calling the shots here, remember? I trust that you’ll comply, given the terms of our agreement, correct?” Waterson said, grinning at his victory.
The leadership of that time was at mortal odds with the N.C., and it is unbelievable that the people who blamed the N.C. for the murder of a beloved figure would be willing, or able, to work with them.

Ain't I a stinker?
Old 2012-06-02, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
starshine
Private

NC can be summed up like this: All (wo)men are created equal, but some (wo)men are more equal than others.

you're awesome if you get the reference.
Old 2012-06-02, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Irish
Private

I would like to see a personality type study done on the members of each faction. like intellectuals obviously going VS, big thunderous ogre smash thugs go NC. and bandwagoneers that choose the mindless propaganda filled lemming approach go TR.

HA but if we could get a legit psych profile test to determine what type of person goes which faction, that would be cool.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
xXGumpXX
Banned

are voice macros and character chants in ?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-02, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post
From Interview:

The N.C. was formed for the sole purpose of infiltrating President Connery's expedition to the Moon Belt, as can be seen here.

This entry is of particular note:

Date: July 10, 2630

Time Line:

As we can see the early plans for the N.C. were first brought up in 2630, one year before Connery's expedition to the Moon Belt in 2631. And only ten years before entering the wormhole [the fleet entered the wormhole on October 20, 2640], hardly enough time to work alongside the Terran Republic "on virtually every project throughout the solar system.".

Purpose:
The main goal of the N.C. was to infiltrate Connery's expedition to the Moon Belt and reap the benefits of any findings there. As Connery wanted nothing to do with these businessmen, the N.C. was formed as a clandestine organization.
The N.C.'s stated aim was to gain control within Connery's expedition through his finances, fleet works, and guardian services without Connery's knowledge.

The notion that the N.C. was a quasi-government contractor working shoulder to shoulder with the T.R. is incongruent with the necessities of their purpose.

Interview:

Lieutenant Commander Brent Waterson:

As we read here Lt. Commander Waterson is fully aware of the ongoing and escalating danger that the N.C. posed to the fleet. Not only that but from the following excerpt it is clear that Waterson, who became the provisional commander after the murder of Connery, intended to blame the N.C. for the act:

The leadership of that time was at mortal odds with the N.C., and it is unbelievable that the people who blamed the N.C. for the murder of a beloved figure would be willing, or able, to work with them.

Ain't I a stinker?
I guess I could have better said if as "the new conglomerate is made up corporations which worked on projects throughout the solar system, those corporations continued to work with the TR Government once on Auraxis" the clandestine "rebel" elements within the civilian population were part of those corporations in one way or another, either as executives, private security, workers, etc. The TR is a civilian government, and the fleet was under civilian control... until...
Old 2012-06-02, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I guess I could have better said if as "the new conglomerate is made up corporations which worked on projects throughout the solar system, those corporations continued to work with the TR Government once on Auraxis" the clandestine "rebel" elements within the civilian population were part of those corporations in one way or another, either as executives, private security, workers, etc. The TR is a civilian government, and the fleet was under civilian control... until...
Now we just need a interview about the TR, or has that already been done?
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-02, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Now we just need a interview about the TR, or has that already been done?
Yep, that was the first one. NC was last this time so people would stop calling me biased!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...9/feature/6392
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion