Error 1001 uninstalling ps2 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There is no spoon
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-11-18, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Brusilov
Private

Re: Error 1001 uninstalling ps2

I just deleted the folder and desktop picto..
Old 2012-11-18, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by MaDGunner View Post
I had the PS2 beta installer. I used it to uninstall but i still got the error code 1001. So i started the installer again and just reinstalled/repaired it. After I opened the beta installer again I uninstalled and it worked like a charm. If you are wondering where your PS2 beta installer may be check your downloads folder, i hope this helps some of you. Just search downloads in the windows search box.
That worked perfectly, thanks
Old 2012-11-18, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Akonion
Private

I was having the same issue. I got mine to uninstall by following the directions listed here in reverse; http://help.station.sony.com/app/ans...ail/a_id/36735

However, the "Appdata" folder may not be visible to some. A shortcut for reaching that on Win 7 (possibly Win XP and 8) is typing "%appdata%" WITHOUT THE QUOTATIONS into the "run" box or that search bar on the start menu in Win 7. This will take you to Appdata/Roaming, Just simply go up a file to /Appdata and select Appdata/LocalLow (or whatever it is called) and delete the file they ask you to.

Besides the Appdata thing, the uninstall was a snap. The computer will also complain when you try to uninstall about missing or damaged files, just click yes to uninstall and it disappears off the list. Delete the icon on the desktop and you are done!

This worked for me and one of my viewers. I hope this also works for you guys as well.

PS. I made an account just to reply to this post lol
Old 2012-11-18, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Sifer2
Major

Someone have a link to the beta installer so people without can repair this?
Old 2012-11-18, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

I had the PS2 beta installer. I used it to uninstall but i still got the error code 1001. So i started the installer again and just reinstalled/repaired it. After I opened the beta installer again I uninstalled and it worked like a charm. If you are wondering where your PS2 beta installer may be check your downloads folder, i hope this helps some of you. Just search downloads in the windows search box.
worked for me too, thanks boss. xx

try this guys.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-11-18, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
worked for me too, thanks boss. xx

try this guys.
I no longer had the installer (thanks to Microsoft Windows Update borking my pc and forcing a clean install of Windows). I followed the advice to delete the game folder and manually remove some registry entries, seems to have worked OK. I'm also hoping Radar's promise that the launchday installer will clean up any old mess that's lying around.
Old 2012-11-19, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
kijuro
Private

Followed steps on official page linked by Radar X, then..
I went back to uninstall and it removed program from list.
The new installer will overwrite anything else that matters, because they will not screw it up on day 1.
Old 2012-11-19, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by kijuro View Post
they will not screw it up on day 1.
Not to be offensive to the devs or anything but... LOL! Everyone screws up on some level on day 1, nothing is ever perfect, specially at the beginning. But you're right, i'm sure they'll make it all right soon enough.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-11-19 at 01:00 AM.
Old 2012-11-19, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Cronoc
Private

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Someone have a link to the beta installer so people without can repair this?
Seconded, does anyone have a working link to download the Planetside 2 beta installer? I deleted mine a long time ago...
Old 2012-11-19, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Minor
Corporal

You don't need to do anything complicated guys, just delete the game folder and as per soe devs the new retail launcher will delete any old crud leftover from beta.
Old 2012-11-19, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Zekko
Private

Worked perfectly, thank you! I registered to thank you, and to upload the beta installer for anyone who doesn't have it anymore:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/260djn

I got a connection error after selecting the reinstall/repair option, but it uninstalled fine anyway.

Now if only Planetside 2 didn't need a bazillion dollar supercomputer from space to run it smoothly I might reinstall at release...
Old 2012-11-19, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Cronoc
Private

Originally Posted by Zekko View Post
Worked perfectly, thank you! I registered to thank you, and to upload the beta installer for anyone who doesn't have it anymore:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/260djn

I got a connection error after selecting the reinstall/repair option, but it uninstalled fine anyway.

Now if only Planetside 2 didn't need a bazillion dollar supercomputer from space to run it smoothly I might reinstall at release...
Thanks for the link!
Old 2012-11-20, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
MaDGunner
Private

Originally Posted by Zekko View Post
Worked perfectly, thank you! I registered to thank you, and to upload the beta installer for anyone who doesn't have it anymore
No problem, it wasn't without the help of my clan brother Jim beam. Just happy to help another PC gamer out.
Old 2012-11-20, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
MaDGunner
Private

Double post

Last edited by MaDGunner; 2012-11-20 at 02:35 PM.
Old 2012-11-20, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Adding some additional info as I got the error to. Seems like at least in my case there were only 117MB left of the beta directory so I have manually deleted it. Can probably run some registry cleaner software on my own.
NEED UPDATES!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion