New Class: Support - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No purchase neccesary.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-07-23, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Phantom Pain
Private

New Class: Support

Ok I know some of you out there think that there shouldn't be any new classes, but hear me out. How about a support class for all factions that can deploy a barrier, which looks like a 2/3 portion of a dome that blocks all incoming fire from enemies. There is no wait time for the barrier to appear once you deploy it. Now, I know this sounds a bit OP, that's why I created some "restrictions" to it. First, even though the shield cannot be destroyed, it's only up for 20 seconds. After that there's a cooldown timer of 5-7 minutes (I can't decide an exact cooldown time yet). Also barriers cannot be deployed too close to each other. I'd say the limit would be 7-10 meters apart from each other. This class could also deploy ammo, but the cooldown timer for placing ammo "boxes" (I don't know what they are called) is twice as long as the engineer's cooldown time. I decided on the longer ammo cooldown times because I didn't want this class to replace the engineer's job of placing ammo. As for weaponry, the support class has access to the same weapons as the light assault/ engineer.

So what do you think? Do you like it? Do you hate it with a passion? Let me know!
Old 2013-07-23, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Micro
Sergeant Major

Re: New Class: Support

Hm, this shield ability has already been suggested for the engineer.
Don't really think we need a new class for it.
Old 2013-07-23, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sarloh
Corporal

Possibly giving the engineer and/or the medic more uses might be a better alternative, like allow the engineer to force regenerate shields or something and possibly to overcharge them or something. And the medic could give out other things instead of only healing and revives.
Old 2013-07-23, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Phantom Pain
Private

Both of you are right and when I think about it this does seem like a waste of a class. I think the shield ability should go to the medic though, since it only as one job (healing) instead of the engineer which has three jobs (repairing, ammo and mana turrets).
Old 2013-07-24, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
GavinTheGreat
Private

I can just imagine the Northern Indar Desert going from a flat, barren badlands to one of the brightest most structure covered areas of the map xD
Old 2013-07-28, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Do you really want a doctor playing with electricity?
Old 2013-07-29, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

The Engineer and Medic are already support classes; they are just split between healing troops or reparing and deploying equipment. I wouldn't expect them to add another.

I do think, however, there should be some improvement to their equipment options.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault