Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment

Old 2012-06-12, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Trin
Private

Want to create an Outfit...

Not really sure where to put this.
I am looking for few others who are interested in leading an Outfit together. Website will be paid for if my name of choice is used.
I plan to be playing on either the New Conglomerate or the Terran Republic.
The outfit at this point will not 'specialize' in anything (ex: Air Vehicle Requirements).

If anyone is interested let me know through PM.
18+ and respectful people only.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Want to create an Outfit...

Good luck.

Old 2012-06-19, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Soyokaze
Corporal

Re: Want to create an Outfit...

Honestly dude, I don't know why people would be interested in creating a new outfit at this point.

It's not really like other games, I guess. Victory in Planetside is about
a) having the strategic mind to figure out what needs to be done to achieve success and
b) having the logistical skills to organize a large enough force to achieve those goals.

There are several existing outfits from PS1 that have been around for years, some almost a decade, honing those logistical and strategic muscles.

Really, the more small ~15 man outfits there are, the less organized and effective the factions are. Even among the big outfits, there is multilateral co-operation.

So, while I understand the desire to lead - I'd propose that it'd probably be best for new players to join existing outfits and display their leadership abilities in a context in which they can be most effective.

People want to lead, and thus they think "then I need an outfit." No. This game is huge. Hell, Planetside was huge. What you need to do is start small, lead a squad as part of a greater force. If you can earn your stripes there, you'll be able to work your way up to leading a platoon of 100 of men in the big outfits, or being one of the strategic leaders commanding multiple platoons.

That being said, if you have something new to offer to players that doesn't already exist within the community, more power to ya and good luck.

Soyokaze - dedicated Galaxy pilot, dedicated Xen of Onslaught member, & dedicated Vanu

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment