Will PS2 have stuns? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Im fine as long as I have rogue cam ;) -Mold
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-30, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
raw
Sergeant

Will PS2 have stuns?

Personally, nothing aggravates me more than playing a fast, action packed sequence of movement based gameplay only to have it completely shutdown by a stun going off somewhere. When that occurs I usually take my hands off of mouse and keyboard straight into my hair and start pulling like mad. To illustrate my point:
I hate stuns.

I do not want the computer to play the game for me, a good game always puts the player into control. Moreover in fast paced games where movement is key having stun is completely disruptive and not fun. It's fucking annoying.

That's why I hope PS2 will not feature stuns or any other shenanigans that steal the control away from the player and disrupt the gameplay.

Please confirm Higby.

Last edited by raw; 2011-07-30 at 05:48 PM.
Old 2011-07-30, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
duck
Sergeant

Re: Will PS2 have stuns?

No stuns in the game.
Old 2011-07-30, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bags
Lieutenant General

Hammer of Justice, obviously. Only usable by those who spec Paladin.
Old 2011-07-30, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Evilmp
Master Sergeant

No stuns here, either.

Screen shaking, with the option of disabling would be fine here. For some reason I enjoy seeing my vision shake a little bit when I rumble my tank over a poor sniper.
Old 2011-07-30, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Evilmp View Post
No stuns here, either.

Screen shaking, with the option of disabling would be fine here. For some reason I enjoy seeing my vision shake a little bit when I rumble my tank over a poor sniper.
If there's one thing I had a severe disliking towards, it was the screen shake. Nothing pisses me off more than trying to line up a shot only to have a dumbass BFR pilot decide to run around in circles around you.

A "disable screen shake" option would be awesome.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-30, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Evilmp
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
If there's one thing I had a severe disliking towards, it was the screen shake. Nothing pisses me off more than trying to line up a shot only to have a dumbass BFR pilot decide to run around in circles around you.

That is PRECISELY why I added the disable part
Old 2011-07-30, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Highwind
Corporal

Unlike stuns, I do think run speed slows could be interesting. (no weapon speed or killing effectiveness slows because that doesn't really make sense)

Something along the lines of a "slow field" maybe via a deployable over a small-ish area (in trap format maybe? Speed snare trap for ambushes), between doorways (like the courtyard base wall shields in PS1, only with a slow effect as you go through), or inside a Gen room when the base is under the effect of a buff of some kind.

Slows could also apply to being EMP'd repeatedly while in a tank maybe? Something like if you get EMP'd via grenade for example more than 2 times in row you begin to slow slightly to a max 20%? maybe slow when hit by 8-ish EMPs. Maybe its an unneeded subtlety that is better forgotten in brainstorming, who knows. Sorry got off topic a fair bit.

Last edited by Highwind; 2011-07-30 at 06:51 PM.
Old 2011-07-30, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Don't taze me br0!

EMP is 'where its at' anyway..
Old 2011-07-30, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Highwind View Post
Unlike stuns, I do think run speed slows could be interesting. (no weapon speed or killing effectiveness slows because that doesn't really make sense)

Something along the lines of a "slow field" maybe via a deployable over a small-ish area (in trap format maybe? Speed snare trap for ambushes), between doorways (like the courtyard base wall shields in PS1, only with a slow effect as you go through), or inside a Gen room when the base is under the effect of a buff of some kind.

Slows could also apply to being EMP'd repeatedly while in a tank maybe? Something like if you get EMP'd via grenade for example more than 2 times in row you begin to slow slightly to a max 20%? maybe slow when hit by 8-ish EMPs. Maybe its an unneeded subtlety that is better forgotten in brainstorming, who knows. Sorry got off topic a fair bit.
I want Natascha!
Old 2011-07-30, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Aractain
Major

Dont get it.
Old 2011-07-30, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
WellWisherELF
Corporal

The only way I'd imagine stuns being implemented would be either

A.) A taser-type weapon usable by cloakers
or
B.) A bolt driver weapon mod that decreases weapon damage by like 75%, but stunning the target for like 2 seconds.

Any other type of implementation wouldn't really be feasible or balanced.
Old 2011-07-30, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
CutterJohn
Colonel

Yes, there will be stuns. You shoot the guy 7-10 times with special stunning bullets, then they fall over stunned for 10-30 seconds, and are subsequently teleported back to base.
Old 2011-07-30, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post

That's just stupid. If you're going to make something that limits one's combat ability toggle-able, don't even add it in. Everyone who ins't a noob will shut it off.

I'd like screen shake, its realistic. A big ass explosion goes off next to you, you aren't going to stay there aiming perfectly. But that's just me, I don't care if its in or not. Just don't add it and have the ability to remove it.

Fog/weather effects anyone?
Old 2011-07-30, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bags
Lieutenant General

Screen shake was the only reason I hated BFRs. Other than that they were fairly useless unless they had a particle cannon.

No screenshake. People would just use it to grief like it feels like they do in ps1.
Old 2011-07-31, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bravix View Post
I'd like screen shake, its realistic.

Maybe for an earthquake. Not much else...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion