Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2007-01-11, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Guns and knives

Hey folks. As you know, I am a nunchuku master. Yes. I am so leet with my super ninja skills that I've decided to expand my abilities with throwing knives.

The problem is that, unlike my uber skills with nunchuku, my knife-throwing jutsu is weak.

I got a pretty heavy set of Colt throwing knives. They're awesome blades, but I'm pretty shabby at getting em to stick. My accuracy is actually alright... but I can only get about half my throws to stick! Anyone throw knives who can tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've checked some online instructional guides and they seem to have made me worse. Keep in mind I'm using some pretty hefty blades here, they're heavy and spin pretty slowly. Here are the ones I got:
http://www.unitedcutlery.com/shop/si...ECDBB91FFF9A6C

And yes, I mentioned guns as well. My little bro bought an Airsoft gun (in the middle of winter, I know, doesn't make a ton of sense), and I plan on getting one too. He got a $100 Baretta model that has blowback and looks pretty neat. I'm trying to decide what I want to get for this spring when we might actually go compete. I think I want to start off with a pistol, but I don't know whether to cash in on a full-metal model thats pretty expensive, or just a cheap one to practice with first. Any suggestions? Good brand names, features etc? I have no idea what to look for in an Airsoft gun.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2007-01-11 at 02:45 AM.
Old 2007-01-11, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Re: Guns and knives

If you havnt been paying attention PSU is now a Paint baller haven. Mentioning of the A word puts the liability of death on you.
Old 2007-01-11, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

I thought airsoft was a worthy training ground for working up to Painball, then full out gunfights?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2007-01-11, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

You're using the wrong kind of targets Electrofreak...you need to target small bunny rabbits. Your knives will stick then.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2007-01-11, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Diviant
Contributor
First Sergeant

Airsoft is much better than paintball if you set out a weekend event where you go out and do lots of big operations and are into camping out and being in the woods.

Paintball is better if you just want to go shoot shit really fast.

I like both. Sometimes I just wanna go shoot shit, sometimes I wanna go be all Delta-Leet-Tactical.

Just so you know, if you're planning on actually going to organized Airsoft games, dont' bother buying a pistol until you have an AEG. If you show up with a pistol to a game you'll have no fun because you'll be constantly out-ranged and out-gunned. Save another $150 and buy a decent Tokyo Marui AK-47 or something and you'll have much more fun.
Old 2007-01-11, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Diviant, you should go to a big paintball scenario game. Tis the shit. I played both and in the Airsoft game I constantly saw people on both sides cheating, not calling them selfs out. Really turned me off to the whole thing. In the paintball ones you light someone up and they cant really cheat.
Old 2007-01-14, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Airsoft is spray and pray. There is no real sight adjustment especially for pistols. You can adjust sights and the hop-up to put your rounds on target, even then its up to the wind.

More importantly; real firearms are so much more intricate and meticulate in Marksmanship. Anyone can be an airsoft sniper.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge