Why is NC winning? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: just add vodka!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-25, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
slytiger
Staff Sergeant

Doesnt it also come down to the commanders? They are the ones who lead the zergs so wouldnt they be the ones who ultimately control who wins.
Old 2004-01-25, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
FlakMan
Colonel

I miss having great CR5s that everyone listens to and never spouted random crap and always actually coordinated stuff other than someone to cover the spawn tube they were sitting in while going to go take a dump. To all CR5s of the TR from Konreid, I salute you.

[-collection-] [-wishlist-] [-muse-] [-mars volta-] [-devart-] [-ljournal-]
Old 2004-01-25, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

That graph is meters on the X-axis and Time to Kill on the Y-axis in seconds.

Thus, at all ranges, Gauss kills faster than the other assault rifles.

Suppressor takes the longest number of seconds to kill.

Basically, Gauss doesn't nearly suck.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-25, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
FlakMan
Colonel

Looks like even more close-range dominance by the NC

[-collection-] [-wishlist-] [-muse-] [-mars volta-] [-devart-] [-ljournal-]
Old 2004-01-25, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by FlakMan
Looks like even more close-range dominance by the NC
big suprise
Old 2004-01-25, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

That graph is shite. I doesnt take into account Clip size, Accuracy to the recticle, Cof size, CoF bloom, or CoF bloom speed.

The Cycler is the best MA overall because the Gauss is not acurate to its recticle. Also it has a short clip. Accuracy and large clip get better real world results than damage per bullet. The clearest example that the graph sucks is how the Suppressor rates so high. We all know that thing is a piece of crap
Old 2004-01-25, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
MYcrimsonTEARS
Corporal

the reason i feel they win is all the exploits and dumb ass changes the devs made... why in (insert deitys name here) did the devs give the vanguard the best armor ? the prowler should of had that spot. the mag is fine but the prowler is to under powerd and the van is over powerd... other than that there is the suirge agile thing... thats so cheap...
Old 2004-01-25, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Cattle, I believe you are absolutly correct as it stands now, Cycler is better than Gauss indoors.
I believe this next patch will change that.

But you are right. Gauss does have a signifigantly smaller clipsize.

As far as the Suppresor goes, the expanded graph shows that you'd be better off outdoors with a Suppresor than a Pulsar.
I stand by that statement.
Old 2004-01-25, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Acaila
First Lieutenant

People do not know how to read graphs these days.

The only NC weapon which I rate as the worst in its class is the Sparrow.
Old 2004-01-25, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Why is NC winning? Like everyone else said, the equipment. JH obviously is in a different class compared to MCG and lasher, Vanguard is way too powerful, and IMO the scattercannon is the best.

CR5's might as well be typing in a different language for all the people that listen to them. And most of them are idiots too. I've seen only a handful of smart CR5's on Emerald, all empires included. They make no big difference, especially in big zerg battles (it's called a zerg for a reason, just mindlessly running in to death ).
Old 2004-01-25, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally Posted by PorkFryer
nyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
vanu had that winnin streak of like a month or 2 on werner and still win just as often or more than nc! nc weapons r shit the jackhammer is only gd indoors and even then the lasher owns it! then the vanu medium assult gun often owns ncs! the lancer is alot better than the nc pheonix! plus r maxes r better and r armour looks cute
funniest post EVARR!

Old 2004-01-25, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by GreyFlcn
Gauss, while it may have the highest CoF bloom speed, it also shrinks the fastest.
i'm not talking about the bloom i know all about the wepon, i use it almost exclusively, i know that if i fire a 3 shot burst i will most likley get theme all on the same place, and all i have to do is wait a teeny amount to avoid bloom. but the standard COF is huge at those distances making it luck if all three of those shots hit the right same place.

That graph is shite. I doesnt take into account Clip size, Accuracy to the recticle, Cof size, CoF bloom, or CoF bloom speed.

The Cycler is the best MA overall because the Gauss is not acurate to its recticle. Also it has a short clip. Accuracy and large clip get better real world results than damage per bullet.
That says it all

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2004-01-25 at 05:42 PM.
Old 2004-01-25, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
BDMJ
First Sergeant

For christ's sake guys, go post this tripe on the official forums, not here.

Oh well, since it is already on here I might as well post something thread relevant.

Blaming your losses on equipment is the easiest way of coming to terms with the fact that you cannot stand up to your enemy, but also the least productive. Next time, instead of blaming the loss of your avatar's life, the base you were defending, or the continent you were fighting on, on the enemies weapons, think of what you did wrong, and how you can fix it. I used MA exclusively for a long time, and when I got killed by a McG I didn't run off to the forums to whine and bitch about it then console myself with others who failed in a similar manner, I examined the way I approached the enemy, how he approached me, how I used my weapon, how he used his, what implants and armor each of us were using, etc.

Now for thoughts on individual weapon certs:

AV: get SA you dumbass.

MA: Their ttk is virtually identical, and any ttk differences are compensated for by clip size or firing characteristics.

HA: The only situation where the jackhammer is undeniably superior is in a tower battle. All other indoor battles give the other HAs enough room to defeat the JH's close combat dominance. Tower battles are best fought with SA anyway, so HA users are at a disadvantage in a tower fight to begin with.

MAX: The only problem in the max area is the pounder reload time, and perhaps the fact that any max unit is free xp for anyone with a deci in 1000m. All AV maxes suck, get SA. All AA maxes are terribly effective. All AI maxes are death to anyone without a deci.

Tanks: Prowler is the best AI tank by a long shot. Vanguard is the most balanced, with good AI and AV capabilities, but is the toughest to gun due to its slow refire rate. Mag is the best AV tank by a large margin, no more vanu bitching please.

And because one of you will bring this up, yes the beamer is the worst pistol, and the NC have the worst knife, now go troll the OF.
Old 2004-01-25, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I have to agree with Greyflcn. If you aren't killing people with the gauss, you aren't using it right. If you are in point blank range with a gauss, you can still win, but just barely. You have to keep the center of the cof dead on the person and regardless of the spray, most of your shots will still connect. The only exception is the MCG, because he's doing the same thing but his bullets do much more damage.

I have about 5,000-6,000 gauss kills, so I think I can speak about the gauss in this thread, at least
Old 2004-01-25, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Thx.

Also, regardless of what Rbster imagines
MA all have the same starting CoF
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion