Regarding Core combat and the Wasp - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-05-04, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Regarding Core combat and the Wasp

Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Yes Core Combat is gone completely. It has nothing to do with the birthday event as these issues first occurred last year (when birthday event wasn't enabled). You also keep missing the Striker which does double damage and wasn't present during the last Wasp bug issue.
Striker doesn't double damage. It doesn't seem so to me I think I've put a full clip into a mossie recently and didn't destroy it and iirc it used to take 1 clip and a bit to do that before.

But ofc you may mean double damage only on cyssor, I haven't tested that.
Old 2014-05-04, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hippo
Private

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Striker doesn't double damage. It doesn't seem so to me I think I've put a full clip into a mossie recently and didn't destroy it and iirc it used to take 1 clip and a bit to do that before.

But ofc you may mean double damage only on cyssor, I haven't tested that.
Aye I do mean on Cyssor. Cyssor is the only continent that has issues (aside from caves not enabled).

Should just lock Cyssor, then people won't complain about others abusing things on a continent they were dumb enough to goto knowing equipment was over-powered/broken. If you goto Cyssor knowing it's broken, honestly you go knowing you need to counter that broken equipment.
Old 2014-05-04, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Aye I do mean on Cyssor. Cyssor is the only continent that has issues (aside from caves not enabled).

Should just lock Cyssor, then people won't complain about others abusing things on a continent they were dumb enough to goto knowing equipment was over-powered/broken. If you goto Cyssor knowing it's broken, honestly you go knowing you need to counter that broken equipment.
Hmm I wonder if there is commonality between the striker and wasp missiles, ie wasp missiles is a modified striker.

I presume there is no issue with other missiles.
Old 2014-05-05, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Hmm I wonder if there is commonality between the striker and wasp missiles, ie wasp missiles is a modified striker.

I presume there is no issue with other missiles.
I don't think it's the missile doing extra dmg, I think it's just the nose cannon.
Old 2014-05-05, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
angelphantasma
Private

As of today the Wasp nose gun seems to do normal damage on Cyssor, for whatever reason, but the Striker is still doing a tad more than it should.
Old 2014-05-05, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ncfan
Private

but as of yet we still have no signs of core combat expansion being fixed.
Old 2014-05-06, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
bedzike
Corporal

But thats the things. The wasp works for certain things now. Like aircraft not magriders, works on maxes and prowlers and vanguards. So its bugges but not fully bugged like b4 and now its bugged on on the cont with zal acension if im correct. As for the striker it still bugged on cyssor i got 2 hit by a striker last night in a mossie. So again the bug is there but only certain people and things are getting damaged. We just need a hard reset of the server. That will clear all issues and fix the core combat brewko did it b4 the free six months then disabled caves since no1 was playing in them
Old 2014-05-06, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Furber
First Sergeant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jy6Dt6mR7M here's a video testing the wasp nose gun on a turret, seems fixed to me. If this is the result of SOE actually doing something about it, they have my thanks.
Old 2014-05-07, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
It happened when they moved the server to the west coast.

Server installation bugged I guess.
No it was definitely after that. The server moved happened while there were still a few people playing, and I was still paying a sub.

The bugs happened at some point when there were all of 5 people world wide that logged into the game. Between the release of PS2 open beta and the free 6 months.

It was there at the start of the free 6 months, I distinctly remember an outfit mate whose prowler was destroyed in one wasp clip like the 2nd or 3rd night of the free time and rage quit never to be heard from again.
Interesting note though that was on Ishundar, but iirc the striker was only bugged on Cyssor.

If the wasp bug has been fixed (may not have been a bug but just a damage adjustment) I salute whoever is actually paying attention at SOE.
I still think a mass email announcement should go out.

I know i've perpetuated the rumor that it was Brewko f-ing around with the game as some point because it was his only job to look after a game that has about a dozen active subs and no updates for 6years. It seems reasonable, i mean how else do these things crop up?
Old 2014-05-07, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by angelphantasma View Post
As of today the Wasp nose gun seems to do normal damage on Cyssor, for whatever reason, but the Striker is still doing a tad more than it should.
Possibly true.

On cyssor yesterday I shot at a reaver that was half health, 3 striker rounds were enough to kill it. This wasn't enough to raise my suspicions.

However I shot at another reaver later and killed it with 5 striker rounds. I sent a tell to the pilot and apologised and asked if his aircraft was previously damaged. He said that it was a bit, so whether this was enough to signify extra damage I am still unsure.

If I recall correctly a striker kills a mossie in 6 rounds, I can't remember what it is to kill a reaver.

Earlier thepaste had said he had watched a thunderer being hit by a striker and it seemed to do normal damage.

So, if it is extra damage it doesn't seem to be that large, at least I can't see for sure that anything is OP.

I reckon it really needs someone to go and test it in ideal conditions when you can count the rounds it take to kill a full heath vehicle.

Last edited by ringring; 2014-05-07 at 03:59 AM.
Old 2014-05-07, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
bedzike
Corporal

How about tn a bunch of get on a teamspeak and just test it out and record the results. Simple as that so we know what cont what vech what weapon what max and all those different things cant take more then 15 mins to test move test move .
Old 2014-05-07, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
bedzike
Corporal

okay well since no1 answered me back I tested it all myself. 99% dmg from a wasp to mossie on cyssor and every other cont, but battle island ascension. wasp drops max armour to 140 on every cont but again ascension where it leaves the max at 170 armour. so yes the wasp is still bugged on conts. and was not fixed did not test striker since I only had a limited amount of time. hope some1 can test their results and post them here to compare.
Old 2014-05-08, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
ncfan
Private

now if they would only bring back my all time favorite vehicle. i would be one happy nc
Old 2014-05-09, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Uri
Private

I purchased a new copy of CC to test Basti's idea.
The Station site let me put in the code, recognized it as valid, and even gave me a screen I was now entitled to Core Combat..
Changed nothing, still couldn't access any CC content. Also in my active games listing under my SOE account it still shows Planetside & Planetside 2, nothing about Aftershock/CC.
Old 2014-05-10, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Uri View Post
I purchased a new copy of CC to test Basti's idea.
The Station site let me put in the code, recognized it as valid, and even gave me a screen I was now entitled to Core Combat..
Changed nothing, still couldn't access any CC content. Also in my active games listing under my SOE account it still shows Planetside & Planetside 2, nothing about Aftershock/CC.
You bought it?

That shouldn't be possible. SOE still has options for sale even though it's been incorporated into the new game for years, that's shocking.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion