[Video]State of the Game - Optimisation Pass, Nanite of the Living Dead and Addressin - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Our Christmas lights are ghetto.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-11-01, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
snoopadoopa
Private

[Video]State of the Game - Optimisation Pass, Nanite of the Living Dead and Addressin

Hey guys SnooPSton here with another episode of State of the Game ! In this episode I talk about the optimisation pass post, Nanite of the Living Dead and address some concerns raised about my videos.

Much Love,
SnooPSton

Old 2013-11-02, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Re: [Video]State of the Game - Optimisation Pass, Nanite of the Living Dead and Addre

Agreed about the ZOE.

It is sad, but SOE will probably nerf the ZOE for no reason but to placate the disorganized masses, rather than taking time to buff the Lockdown and Aegis shield to match it. It is beginning to get worrisome that the lowest common denominator is being catered to as much as it is. I would kind of like to see them tell people to just organize a bit, but thusfar responses to weapons effective in teams, is to make them useless, instead of giving people counters that could be used in teams or something more difficult but also more rewarding. The game is slowly getting boiled down to cater to lone wolfs, to the point that organized play is going to have no advantages outside of numbers. That is a real problem imo
Old 2013-11-04, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Qwan
Captain

Re: [Video]State of the Game - Optimisation Pass, Nanite of the Living Dead and Addre

I have to agree with Geo that its come down lone wolfing. I think that the capture machanics and the vehicle designs are built around the loan wolf, solo player consept. If they nerf the zoe I wont miss it, I hope they give us back our jump jets, that would be nice. I mean a short burst jet, with a pretty decent cool down would be nice.
Old 2013-11-05, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
OCNSethy
Major

Snoop, sorry to hear about the grief you got over your vid. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however that also means you are entitled to play as you see fit... as we all are. Personally I enjoy your videos and get a lot out of them. Kudos!
Old 2013-11-06, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Meatball Mobeus
Master Sergeant

Is the patch tonight or tomorrow?
Old 2013-11-06, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by Meatball Mobeus View Post
Is the patch tonight or tomorrow?
The patches on the test server should already be up. Higgles has been requesting players to play test via tweeter most of the day.

As for live patches, Im afraid I dont know.
Old 2013-11-07, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Totally disagree with Snoop on Proximity Radar in the Defensive Slot. It's a passive ability that's not manually triggered at all like all the other Utility slot ability's are, It belongs in Defensive.

It's entirely situational for what you pull for defensive slots anyways, He says on a friends word that Nanite Auto Repair is the end-all beat all. That might work for a Harasser, Flash or any Aircraft that can quickly maneuver to a place that breaks LOS but things like the MBT or Sunderer are slow moving targets that can't really get away to break the enemy LOS for the 30 seconds needed to auto-repair sufficiently. Alot of Tankers I know, including myself, tend to run Mineguard, Top Armor, or Stealth over Nanite.

I strongly disagree with Snoop on ZOE to, I think its movement speed should be toned down because with Nanite Auto Repair on the ZOE max I view it as little different then a Harasser in terms of speed so it's hard to hit and ability to field repair with that crazy damage buff that puts Lockdown to shame. It's up in the air as far as the community is concerned and I'm interested to see the final verdict SOE does, if ever on ZOE.

The reason I disagree is besides his argument that you can't lonewolf, you need to team-play and work smart with it which goes out the window when you take into account the average player outnumbers organized team-play, a single nooby who just bought the first level of ZOE has the power to wipe a pub squad and a half, in extreme scenarios maybe even two before he overextends himself and gets himself killed. Average masses over the select few, that's the nature of F2P game balance. So you have to bring that into balance without effecting the skill level which is a fine line to walk.

He also claims it's just fun to use and at the end of the day he doesn't care what anyone says...
Well if that's the case I wan't my Prowler with Super Velocity back because I don't care what anyone else thinks, it's fun! I also want super powerful Dalton back from early PS2!

Everything else though totally agree with, good video as always Snoop, Started some good discussions on my Outfits Forums!

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-11-07 at 04:31 AM.
Old 2013-11-13, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
snoopadoopa
Private

Totally disagree with Snoop on Proximity Radar in the Defensive Slot. It's a passive ability that's not manually triggered at all like all the other Utility slot ability's are, It belongs in Defensive.

It's entirely situational for what you pull for defensive slots anyways, He says on a friends word that Nanite Auto Repair is the end-all beat all. That might work for a Harasser, Flash or any Aircraft that can quickly maneuver to a place that breaks LOS but things like the MBT or Sunderer are slow moving targets that can't really get away to break the enemy LOS for the 30 seconds needed to auto-repair sufficiently. Alot of Tankers I know, including myself, tend to run Mineguard, Top Armor, or Stealth over Nanite.

I strongly disagree with Snoop on ZOE to, I think its movement speed should be toned down because with Nanite Auto Repair on the ZOE max I view it as little different then a Harasser in terms of speed so it's hard to hit and ability to field repair with that crazy damage buff that puts Lockdown to shame. It's up in the air as far as the community is concerned and I'm interested to see the final verdict SOE does, if ever on ZOE.

The reason I disagree is besides his argument that you can't lonewolf, you need to team-play and work smart with it which goes out the window when you take into account the average player outnumbers organized team-play, a single nooby who just bought the first level of ZOE has the power to wipe a pub squad and a half, in extreme scenarios maybe even two before he overextends himself and gets himself killed. Average masses over the select few, that's the nature of F2P game balance. So you have to bring that into balance without effecting the skill level which is a fine line to walk.

He also claims it's just fun to use and at the end of the day he doesn't care what anyone says...
Well if that's the case I wan't my Prowler with Super Velocity back because I don't care what anyone else thinks, it's fun! I also want super powerful Dalton back from early PS2!

Everything else though totally agree with, good video as always Snoop, Started some good discussions on my Outfits Forums!
2013-11-07 02:10 AM
I appreciate the feedback guys ! That's why I make these video's. New one Incoming tonight.

Old 2013-11-13, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ringring
Contributor
General

My attitude is that if you want to use UBGL or Zoe then go right ahead and do it. I don't understand people who say such and such is cheesy or not 'the done thing'. Use max if you want or spend the whole time throwing grenades it's entirely up to you.

Play the game as SOE have built it and not according to some random person who is attempting to impose their view on you.

As for a Zoe being OP. Well it's powerful but I hadn't really considered them particularly game breaking. It's a shame fractures are getting nerfed, ah well.

I used to roll prowler a lot and I always ran with proximity radar so I'd be annoyed that I have to discard a defensive ability to continue to do that.

aI found all the TR's special abilities are pretty u/s, well perhaps not completely u/s but I wasn't practised with them so they didn't work so well for me.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion