head shots!!! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look ma, I'm on PSU!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-08, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
�io
Lieutenant General

Well if it takes more than 2 headshots on a med armor for a kill than the sniper will be pretty much useless...

I just hope they don't make it so will end up with 90% of people running around in MAXs.
Old 2002-12-08, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Qanamil_Rafiki
Staff Sergeant

I am nearly 100% certain you won't see cheating (hacking, bots) in this game either, Sony is quite deft at curbing that as displayed in their other online games.
Old 2002-12-08, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Camping Carl
Major

Actually, hacks are one of the big things that worry me. Hacking in an rpg didn't help you all that much. However an fps is an entirely matter. Wallhacks and aimbots are EVERYWHERE on CS these days, and some of the better hackers can be extremely difficult to catch. I hope the dev team has decent systems in place to detect cheaters.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2002-12-08, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
�io
Lieutenant General

Yeah but CS isn't PtP. I'm hoping the 10/month or more will help keep the TKers and hackers away.
Old 2002-12-08, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Camping Carl
Major

I don't see why that would keep cheaters away. TK'ers and cheaters are different. Cheaters cheat to win, not to annoy people (although they certainly annoy me). Sure TKer might not pay 10$ just to ruin someone's game, but someone who cheats would get the game for the same reasons as the rest of us, it's just that they wouldn't play fair.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2002-12-08, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
�io
Lieutenant General

Well it depends on the person, not all cheaters cheat to win. And besides cheating to win takes most of the fun out of the game, now on a free game that's not so bad but when you pay 10$ a month it's a different story, or at least i hope.
Old 2002-12-08, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
cujoman39
Sergeant

Angry

because there are people running around in this game with heavy armor instead of nothing but a bullet proof vest in CS mabey a pistol shot to the head to someone with armor wouldn't kill them but it should do more damage than a shot to the pinkey like in quake 3. peole in light armor would not stand a chance against someone in heavy body armor, because people in light armor have less access to heavy weapons. i dont want to see everyone using rocket lanchers and the heavyest energy weapons, because they are the only effective weapons that can quickly kill someone.

So head shots are the only thing that will give people with light armor and pistols a chace to kill people with heavy armor!!!!!!!!
Old 2002-12-08, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Camping Carl
Major

All we can do is wait and see, and hope it's either near-impossible to hack planetside, or cheaters just don't play planetside. I do not personally see the fun in cheating, but some people must I suppose. Of course, if you suspect someone of cheating you can always report them. That way they could lose their account. It's not like in CS where you can just play a different server if you get caught and are banned, in planetside you should have to start over again. So perhaps eventually, it will be the players who solve this problem.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2002-12-08, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
cujoman39
Sergeant

i mean who thinks in right about what i said in my reply above when i talk about head shots evening out the playing field between armor???
Old 2002-12-08, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
�io
Lieutenant General

Well like i said in a previous post (top of page)

Well if it takes more than 2 headshots on a med armor for a kill than the sniper will be pretty much useless...

I just hope they don't make it so will end up with 90% of people running around in MAXs.
In other words i agree.

That's why i�m so adamant about head shots being somewhat powerful, i don't mind not being a 1 hit kill but i don't want it too low either. If killing while sniping becomes impossible then what will happen is all the would be snipers or covert troops will end up in MAX or med armor and it will become a game of who has the biggest gun not who has the most skill(because i think headshots should indeed be powerful but also pretty hard).
Old 2002-12-08, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
cujoman39
Sergeant

If head shots aren't more damaging than a shot in the foot then anyone can be a sniper buy just aiming for the biggest part of the body the chest. so anyone can be a sniper and the sniper clase would be useless

As for cheating what would stop anyone form making a aim bot that targets the bady as a hole?
Old 2002-12-08, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
�io
Lieutenant General

The way i see it to keep people from leaving the sniper "class" behind on focusing on MAX the sniper rifle should be something like :

1-2 Headshots for light armors
2-3 Headshots for med armors
8-12 Headshots for MAXs (Assuming the Bolts have AP capabilities)

And of course this is considering headshots require a good amount of skill and you can't sniper someone from 5000yards away.
Old 2002-12-08, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hamma
PSU Admin

A max is essentially a damn tank with legs and arms.. its huge. If you were able to one shot it, it would become useless.

I highly doubt that you will see everyone running around in a max.. its rather cumbersome to operate and will take skill to be good at it.

As forthe one shot, thats one shot from full health that kills a light.. so if you shoot a med with minimal health itwill probably kill them.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-08, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
�io
Lieutenant General

I was hoping the max wasn't at all a tank but just a exoskleton, increase the grunt's power a lot but not making him invincible to anything less than a tank...

The way you described it though it will be invincible to anything but tanks...
Old 2002-12-08, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Camping Carl
Major

Perhaps, but then they don't sound very manuverable. I would think if you just stayed behind it with anti-vehicular weaponry, it should be possible to destroy one. Of course, if there's more than one....

Vanu still suck....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion