[Merged] Planetside 2 & TrackIR - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A drug against war
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-12-11, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Redshift
Major

Re: Planetside 2 & TrackIR

I honestly do not think it is a productive use of the devs time.

This is very much for the minority i would prefer to see a colourblind mode included before this; it would help more people, even though i doubt that will make it either :P
Old 2011-12-11, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Shogun
Contributor
General

nice hardware.

i could use this feature, even when not flying.
just imagine you yre running in a max suit and want to check the surrounding.
in ps1 you would disengage runmode the second you use strafe. with this system you could maintain your run direction and speed and just turn your view.

and as a soldier i always did almost acrobatic strafing/turning/backwards-running to be aware of my surroundings, while running in a general direction. no need for that any more.

a full implementation with turning apropriate head animations may use some dev time, but at launch i guess it would be ok to just implement freeview without every exact movement shown on the playermodel. but sooner or later full implementation would be a must to let backstabbers know when their victim is looking right at them while his soldiermodel looks the other way
Old 2011-12-13, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Traak
Colonel

free look=capability to have trackIR, yes?

I know I can look around when piloting my AMS. Like I ever use it, but it's there.
Old 2011-12-13, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Hamma
PSU Admin

Nope.. no AMS

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-12-13, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Coreldan
Colonel

If free look is implemented to infantry as well as well as required interiors designed, it makes TrackIR easy to implement. In the end it's nothing but input commands like mouse or keyboard.

Yes, tweaking it takes some time, but it's not like you would have to code a whole lotta things that could take a months work

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2011-12-13, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Justaman
Staff Sergeant

I think you should edit the OP so that it doesn't imply that "TrackIR" is what needs to be implemented. It should say we want a "free look" button, or an extra set of hot-keys that only effect our visual orientation. In the best case, it would be a free-look button that toggles the visual orientation hot-keys from what they are, to your mouse. So that single button Free-look would seamlessly work with either mouse+keyboard standard setups as well as mouse/keyboard+joystick/other peripheral. As the peripherals them selves would handle the use of those inputs.

Which in comparison is next to nothing for development time.
Old 2011-12-14, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Coreldan
Colonel

Good point. I didn't exactly realize it myself till after a while into the discussion. I'll just be lazy and quote you in the OP

Old 2011-12-18, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
beekergunship
Private

As dedicated air support, I have this system and I want to use it in PS2. I don't think utilizing it is that hard to do code-wise.

I also got a HOTAS Warthog after Smed said that the aero model would be challenging...I'd like to use that too.
Old 2011-12-18, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
free look=capability to have trackIR, yes?

I know I can look around when piloting my AMS. Like I ever use it, but it's there.
basicly yea you need freelook to have track IR.

i think if the game has freelook it simply needs inputs for trackir to work which would essentially be the same inputs as a 8 way hat switch.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-26, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Coreldan
Colonel

I am so not bumping this.

I still want it!

Old 2012-01-26, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
NCLynx
Major

If there are ways to do what this done in game WITHOUT it, I can see it being pretty cool. (Such as only looking around turning your head as opposed to your whole body by holding right click or something along those lines, instead of having this)

But if buying this meant whoever has it has a competitive edge over those who don't then no thank you. (Also I agree with Bags, if they focused on making sure this worked properly pushing PS2 back even further then no thank you there as well)
Old 2012-02-13, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
HoovesMcG
Corporal

TRACK IR??

HEy PS2 DEVs, I am really hoping you guys are going to come through on this to provide native track IR support for the vehicles. EA's Battlefield3 had the opportunity to do so but they just pissed on the track IR community.

What are the odds of you supporting TRACK IR? If you haven't even considered it, please do so and contact Seth at Natural Point.

Here are their forums
http://forum.naturalpoint.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0&C=2

and a little tidbit of video with TRACK IR

a little about track IR

Some flying Combat (TIR bread and butter)

Some ground vehicle gameplay

THE END PROJECT gameplay with TIR

And some Infantry combat
Old 2012-02-13, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
DayOne
Captain

Re: TRACK IR??

Could be pretty cool, also with head turning animation in game it would be pretty cool.

That said I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement but if it was I would certainly look into using it.
Old 2012-02-13, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
HoovesMcG
Corporal

Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
Could be pretty cool, also with head turning animation in game it would be pretty cool.

That said I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement but if it was I would certainly look into using it.
That is really the coolest part.. If they contact Seth at Natural point they will implement it FOR SOE devs. No work needs to be done by SOE other than to let them pop in the code (Which is not complicated code) and then it works. It is a Win Win.

Let me ask though. Do devs even look here? IS there a better place to ask about TIR??
Old 2012-02-13, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Zenben
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by HoovesMcG View Post
That is really the coolest part.. If they contact Seth at Natural point they will implement it FOR SOE devs. No work needs to be done by SOE other than to let them pop in the code (Which is not complicated code) and then it works. It is a Win Win.

Let me ask though. Do devs even look here? IS there a better place to ask about TIR??
Devs post here quite often, and I'm sure they read most, if not all of the threads.

As far as TIR, it's a neat concept, but I would think your neck would get sore after a while. Doubt I'd even try it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion