Crazy Idea: Empire Specific Bases - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pimpin' Up Your Side Of The Planet
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-06-21, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Crazy Idea: Empire Specific Bases

This is an idea I've been throwing around in my head. Haven't had much time to think about it, but here goes:

Empire specific bases. Since base redesign may eventually occur, how about this scenario. Each empire has a "Home" continent with a Capital thats different from all the rest nor is it designed like any of the opposing empires capitals (although functions could be similar). Some ideas...

Spawn Room completely redesigned: Instead of 3, have 6 tubes and equipment terminals. Also have 1 or more Implant, Certification and Advanced Medical Terminals. This room of course will be larger but should be a central hub of the base. Easy access to Generator and Control Console should also be available from this room.

Vehicle Pad: Two available, one standard outdoor and one indoor similar to a tech plant. However, the indoor one should have two spawn tubes and an equipment terminal. That way, you can have the option of spawning directly to this area if your vehicle inclined. The outdoor would serve as a function for those who start out as grunts, but later in the battle a vehicle is needed.

Air/Dropship Pad: Two similar to that of a tech plant and connected to a dropship pad as well. Terminals housed in a seperate building (easy access for those outdoors) and a "tunnel" to the main base. Also contain two spawn tubes for similar purpose above.

Main Room: Typically these have a lot of empty space with an equipment term and med term thrown here and there. Lets have 4 seperate rooms that each access the courtyard in a different direction. Each room will have a spawn tube, equipment terminal and medical terminal. We shouldn't have to throw an AMS in the courtyard just to have quick access to it.

Command Room: A room only accesible by certain level of CR's. Room will track general movements of soldier groups as well as friendlies. Options should include ability to "see" squads if all squad members are in close proximatey. Also allow you to put one way point for the squad should a target of opportunity arise and the squad is near it. Squad Leader should have the opportunity to nullify or set to ignore waypoints from certain CR5's (lets face it, certain CR5's, shouldn't be there).

Vehicle repair: two x 2 for air units and four x 2 for ground vehicles that utilize's a "pass by system" where you initiate an autopilot and your damage determines the speed you go through/by it. You emerge damage free. Unless of course its taken out.

Turrents: For the capital, they should be armored better. Also should be able to toggle between three different weapon modes: Mode 1-Anti Vehicular (Empire specific i.e. Striker, Lancer, Phoenix). Mode 2-Anti Infantry (Empire Specific i.e. Chaingun, Lasher, Jackhammer). Mode 3-standard As it is currently. Limitations. Mode 1 and 2 require resupply of ammo. Thus teams (gunner, engineer, and "gopher") need to work together.

Inner Turrent: Located on main building two heavy and two anti-air. Heavy should use same weapons that are on tanks. One heavy and one Anti-air should be accessible only from the outdoors (and hence repaired from the outdoors). The two remaining should be accesible only from the indoors (and repairable from the indoors). This adds a little more potency to the base. Should the indoor accesible turrents be destroyed, timer should be enacted untill it can be repaired. Also if equipment module is installed. Heavy turrents can fire in secondary mode similar to that of a flail.

Walls: Should have both Open air and enclosed areas. Also access to them should have both open air and enclosed cat walks. Enclosed walls have "porticles" to fire from. Allows greater protection from general weapons fire, but also makes it a prime target for snipers.

Back door. Shoud be opened ONLY from the inside. Hacker must either hack from the interior (heck of a challenge) or if someone is stupid enough to open it while the enemy is camped out waiting.

Gates: Should be actuall physical gates that can be shut at the command of CR5 or majority vote of CR5's (keeps both infantry and vehicles out). However, gates can take damage and be blown to pieces. New gates only available once continent is captured (either by friendly or opposing empire). If shield module installed, will still function as normal. Note: commited engineers will be sorely needed here to keep the repair going faster than the firepower. Enemies need to coordinate firepower in order to bring down the gates.

Indoor Spitfires: Should be availble, but must be enabled by Engineers and number deployed indoors is limited.

Hackers: This is more of an overall game idea rather than base idea. If a hacker hacks an equipment, medical, etc term, then he has the option to "lock" it only for his empires use. Opposing empire must re-hack it with another hacker. Also, Adv. Hacker should have ability to hack spawn tubes and lock it for its own empire (as above) Also, opposing empire can then use spawn tube. Drawback, it should be for a timed limit (eliminates mass back-hacking spawn tubes w/o taking the base) I think this could really add some dynamics to game (and give the poor infs some love).

Granted this makes the Capital a real pain in the ass to take, but shouldn't it be that way for the Capital on the "Home" Continent?

Well, thats my crazy idea.

Last edited by Red October; 2004-06-21 at 05:26 PM.
Old 2004-06-21, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Indecisive
Major General

hawt.
Old 2004-06-21, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Empire spec Bases would be awsome
Old 2004-06-21, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
scarpas
Captain

not bad, my only thing to change would be the spelling of turret.

there is no such thing as a turrent.
Old 2004-06-21, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Red October
Turrents: For the capital, they should be armored better. Also should be able to toggle between three different weapon modes: Mode 1-Anti Vehicular (Empire specific i.e. Striker, Lancer, Phoenix). Mode 2-Anti Infantry (Empire Specific i.e. Chaingun, Lasher, Jackhammer). Mode 3-standard As it is currently. Limitations. Mode 1 and 2 require resupply of ammo. Thus teams (gunner, engineer, and "gopher") need to work together.
Don't you think a Phoenix/JackHammer turret would be a little useless? I mean, how often do infantry get close enough to make a shotgun turret worthwhile. And the whole purpose of the Phoenix is to be able fire from cover (well, that's my opinion of it). Anyone with a LOS to the turret would see a free-kill as soon as a missile leaves the barrel. How about the NC turret gets a Gauss Cannon (Thunderer) or Firebird Rocket (Enforcer) instead?
Old 2004-06-21, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Paragon
Private

Yeah... the turrents are crap...

I think putting a shield around them would be good.

As for Empire Specific Turrets, um... no

Other than that, this is hawt
Old 2004-06-21, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Don't forget, for the TR base, the turrets would have to be manned by at least 2 gunners to do the same job (2 barrel gun, each gunner controls 1 barrel, but both are half strength, thus they require teamwork to ensure they can kill as efficient as 1 NC/VS turret gunner). Otherwise, the devs won't implement such an idea.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-06-21, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by KIAsan
Don't forget, for the TR base, the turrets would have to be manned by at least 2 gunners to do the same job (2 barrel gun, each gunner controls 1 barrel, but both are half strength, thus they require teamwork to ensure they can kill as efficient as 1 NC/VS turret gunner). Otherwise, the devs won't implement such an idea.
Lol naw itd be mor like each one is... 2/3-3/4 strength each
Old 2004-06-21, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by FatalLight
Lol naw itd be mor like each one is... 2/3-3/4 strength each

Wait a minute...don't give them any ideas!

Originally Posted by BlackHawk
Don't you think a Phoenix/JackHammer turret would be a little useless? I mean, how often do infantry get close enough to make a shotgun turret worthwhile. And the whole purpose of the Phoenix is to be able fire from cover (well, that's my opinion of it). Anyone with a LOS to the turret would see a free-kill as soon as a missile leaves the barrel. How about the NC turret gets a Gauss Cannon (Thunderer) or Firebird Rocket (Enforcer) instead?
I see nothing wrong with leaving the NC with a completely useless turret (spelled right this time).

The thought of a TR Army marching into a just conquered NC Specific Base = Wet Dream.

But back to the Empire specific base thing. This is just the capitol I was thinking about. All the other bases on the home cont could be specific the empire (just not as powerful). Could make for some really interesting fighting and create some intersting situations (sure you one the world last night, but we had YOUR home cont and YOUR Main Capital and WE still had our home cont and capital). Maybe someone should kind of hint this at the next AGN with the devs...
Old 2004-06-21, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Toneball

I additions to all the nifty firepower, I think the bases should get an overall "make-over". Give the capitols a design that suits the Empire more than just changing the color. Keeping the overall layout the same of course. I'm thinking the TR capitol would have a kind of industrial feel, all red and black and very dominate looking. A VS capitol would be heavily inspired by the design of the caverns facilities, mixed with something similar to their armor and vehicles. Not sure what the NC would look like. I just think that it would be cool to have capitols that reflect the Empires.

Old 2004-06-21, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

I think all of it but the following would work

Command Room: A room only accesible by certain level of CR's. Room will track general movements of soldier groups as well as friendlies. Options should include ability to "see" squads if all squad members are in close proximatey. Also allow you to put one way point for the squad should a target of opportunity arise and the squad is near it. Squad Leader should have the opportunity to nullify or set to ignore waypoints from certain CR5's (lets face it, certain CR5's, shouldn't be there).

but besides that i like it
Old 2004-06-22, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

tA base like that would kick ass. nice idea.
Old 2004-06-22, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

the Devs need to have a Base design competition with the comunity and try to get some good, REASONABLE designs for the bases.
Old 2004-06-22, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
NinjaBob
Corporal

Yeah SERIOUSLY the NC turrets would be completely pointless.
Old 2004-06-22, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by NinjaBob
Yeah SERIOUSLY the NC turrets would be completely pointless.
/drool

= Crack addict
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion