SWG or Planetside? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: i never see my quotes wtf...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Star Wars: Galaxies or Planetside?
Star Wars: Galaxies 12 31.58%
Planetside 26 68.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-09-13, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Robot
Major

Originally posted by Corrosion
BETA SUXED ASS. I was in the beta and it was boring as hell, but now I play the full version and its a billion (if not more) times better than the gay ass beta of SWG.
? How could it possibly be any different? All I've seen from the numerous patch reports is that they've reduced/added some crap, nothing big or game changing
Old 2003-09-13, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
EineBeBoP
Contributor
Pns Ndabut

Misc Info

Originally posted by Corrosion
BETA SUXED ASS.

Indeed
Old 2003-09-13, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
DaShiznit
Major

:Grabs his punisher and prepares to go medieval on the ass of anyone who voted SWG:

btw, all of you ppl who say that PS sux, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? If this game blows as much as you say it does, just cancel your damn subscription and leave the rest of us in peace!
Old 2003-09-14, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

PS is better because its a pioneer of a new MMOxxx genre, in my opinion.

SWG is kind of like Everquest. In space. With only half the things SOE got wrong in Everquest fixed. And Wookies.

I played SWG for a bit, and I've been playing EQ for over 4 years.

Its the same game with a different set of clothes. You couldn't convince me otherwise.

The only reason I still keep my EQ account active and play is because of all the great people I met and spent time with.

I'm sure every single MMORPG developer out there has this idea as their best way to turn a profit.

WoW > PS > SWG

Don't ask how WoW fits in the picture...I just theorize it being #1 next year.
Old 2003-09-14, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
TekDragon
Contributor

1. SWG Beta did suck. Thing is, about 3 days before the game went live they unleashed a series of patches that changed everything and made the game 100 times more fun. Over the past few months they've gotten everything working smoothly. A few weeks ago they drastically altered the PvP system (75% dmg reduction). In a few more weeks it seems they will likely re-do the HAM bar system. All of these changes have been good, and the game just keeps getting better.

2. Whoever says SWG PvP sucks really needs to clean out their crack pipe more often. Their are SO many solo and group PvP tactics, its unbelievable. With the ground-breaking skill/tree based system player's can mix and match abilities so that almost no two player's fight exactly alike (except for all the damn bounty hunters).

I dont even want to hear people harping about PS's PvP either. The whole freaking game is PvP and you know what? It sucks. If this was Tribes we were talking about, i'd agree: yeah, it's more involved than SWG's PvP. But PS? Please! That's a joke.

Oh, one other thing. We actually have urban battles, darting in and out of buildings. Hell, just this night I bolted into a theatre, ran on stage, and got off a few clean hits on a group that was trying to come after me through the mish-mash of chairs. When they got close i ducked out the side curtain and made another stand on the roof of the medical center. The most "enviromental tactics" you can have in PS is a bridge battle or ducking behind a freaking tree.

3. Im sick of hearing people say "SWG sucks" without giving a good reason. Wow, you played Beta and didn't like it. Who cares? Wow, your friend's friend's friend said it sucked, so you know it sucks. Who cares?

From what i've seen the only people I know who gave up on SWG were the ones who honestly have no interaction skills or have the depth of a puddle. Nuff said.
Old 2003-09-14, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
EineBeBoP
Contributor
Pns Ndabut

Misc Info

GASP!

Oh, my god! I actually agree with Tek!
/me dodges fireball that falls from sky
The apocolypse is coming!

but yes, I usted to HATE swg, but now that I've played it on a friends account (I love how 2 people can use the same account jsut differant servers at the same time) I love it. I've gotten 2 other friends to buy it, and I think they enjoy it as well so far.

Now all I need is a pet... *rubs hands together evily*
Old 2003-09-14, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
TekDragon
Contributor

If you become yet another god-damn Pokemon Master bringing out his freaking rancors in the middle of the cantina I am going to hate you (even more) forever.
Old 2003-09-14, 05:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
EineBeBoP
Contributor
Pns Ndabut

Misc Info

Nah, my poor Comp wouldnt survive that. But it would be fun to get a few rancors would sure make it a lot easier to fight off AT-STs.
Old 2003-09-14, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Sputty
Banned

Both SWG and PS suck. Stay away from SOE, simple as that.
Old 2003-09-14, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
firecrackerNC
Colonel

Originally posted by DaShiznit
:
btw, all of you ppl who say that PS sux, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? If this game blows as much as you say it does, just cancel your damn subscription and leave the rest of us in peace!
PS Sux,I did cancel my subscription,and no thank you I think ill stay here,you leave.kthxbye
Old 2003-09-14, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
DaShiznit
Major

So, you stay here so you can bitch about a game that you don't even play anymore. Okay then...
Old 2003-09-14, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Spider
General

If you can actually get rancors I'm gonna laugh by building a droid army

Btw question like that... can you build those rolling droids from episode one destroyer droids I think....
Old 2003-09-14, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by TekDragon
If you become yet another god-damn Pokemon Master bringing out his freaking rancors in the middle of the cantina I am going to hate you (even more) forever.
wtfh.
Old 2003-09-14, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Robot
Major

Originally posted by Sputty
Both SWG and PS suck. Stay away from SOE, simple as that.
This is good advice.

just buy WOW or something
Old 2003-09-14, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I don't really like either much anymore.

However, I'd vote for PS if I had to, simply to discourage people from playing SW:G. I've been playing it for a couple months, almost, and I don't know, maybe it's my exensive MMORPG experience, but SW:G doesn't really have very fun gameplay. The combat is pretty boring, character advancement, while kinda cool with their varied professions, is also pretty banal. Although there may be more content (that isn't randomly generated garbage) than I've seen, to find it you'd have to scour the forums looking for posts about where to go.

But, if you've never played a MMORPG before, SW:G might be enjoyable to you. Likewise, if you have a good group of friends to play it with, you may also enjoy it, because the social aspects is one of the few things done really well. In the end though, SW:G just really doesn't bring anything new to the table as far as gameplay goes.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge