24/7 Beta or "Weekends"? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will my 8.8k modem run this game?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-12, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Ratstomper
Major

Re: 24/7 Beta or "Weekends"?

Originally Posted by outsider View Post
The devs keep stepping up to be cool to the PS community, and this is an opportunity for us to be cool as well.

Come on, we all know a 24/7 model isn't realistic straight away.
This.

The dev team will need to do what works best for them. If that means not being able to play all the time, so be it.
Old 2012-07-12, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

How long is the wait expected to be between closed beta and open beta (assuming no major problems)?
Old 2012-07-13, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Madlaps
Corporal

Originally Posted by outsider View Post
It's funny, whenever a persistent game comes out and has to keep going down for maintenance/patches or the devs chose a patch window, it almost always negatively affects Australian game times ( as the patch will occur during prime time EST ).

Any time an Aussie has the temerity to mention it on a forum, they'll get beat down and pounced on for being selfish and think of the poor devs who have to stay late to do patching at a time convenient for the Aussies. It's generally quite an ugly thread, that devolves into pointless name calling, and listings of past debts.

This is a perfect opportunity for consistency, think of the number of devs who would have to stay nursing servers and being able to solve problems in a 24/7 beta model. Think about how this will slow down the actual release of the game with so many of the team taken off the work they need to be doing, so that they can sit there at 4:00am PDT in case the Euro crew break something.

Stop being selfish, if you/we can't make a short test window than thats Real Life. 24/7 off the bat won't work and will actually slow down the release of the game due to manpower constraints.

The devs keep stepping up to be cool to the PS community, and this is an opportunity for us to be cool as well.

Come on, we all know a 24/7 model isn't realistic straight away.
Your post makes no sense, just quietly. You start off sounding like an Aussie and finish sounding like a anti-australian jewish american.
Old 2012-07-13, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Madlaps View Post
Your post makes no sense, just quietly. You start off sounding like an Aussie and finish sounding like a anti-australian jewish american.
He's just pointing out the irony of people not wanting to inconvenience the devs for others, but being perfectly willing to inconvenience them for themselves.

And Jewish American? How did you come up with that gem?

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-13 at 11:41 AM.
Old 2012-07-14, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Agree, I dont see 24/7 REalistic for the Start of the Beta, maybe in later Phases of the Beta.
Old 2012-07-14, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
MadKat
Private

Set times/weekends - more concentrated havoc on the servers/in game world to break stuff. 24/7 just seems irrational to the devs working hard to fix what we're supposed to break during said beta.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion