Recording without HUD, Gun, or vehicle. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bad Llama!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-29, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ColColonCleaner
Private

Recording without HUD, Gun, or vehicle.

My outift is looking to do a cinematic, we have all the plans, man-power (about 800 on genudine), but have a problem with some aerial shots.

I know how to remove the HUD, but is there a way (just on the client-side), to make the gun you're using or the vehicle you're in not render?

I basically need a camera in-game, and flying around in a fighter without it rendering on my screen would be fantastic!
Old 2012-11-29, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: Recording without HUD, Gun, or vehicle.

Well there WAS a way to do it.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=49875

You can still probably do it but it would require changing your game's code which is bannable but since we no longer have an exploit to use it's sadly probably your best bet. Chalk up one more example of something cool and useful being removed.
Old 2012-11-30, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Timealude
Captain

You cant do it on the fly anymore, you have to select the the draw hud option in the main tab of settings.
Old 2014-01-02, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
mormomboy
Private

Ctrl+F10 toggles HUD off and on
Ctrl+F11 hides your weapons
Old 2014-01-03, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by mormomboy View Post
Ctrl+F10 toggles HUD off and on
Ctrl+F11 hides your weapons
That works for infantry weapons and HUD. I don't know if it removes vehicle bits.

I can't recall any videos that had flying shots free of the cockpit or vehicle barrel/body that wasn't using an observer cam.

And to get an observer cam, you need an admin account to spawn one. So only people that know the devs or some of the bigger YT names have one. I can only think of maybe 2-5 non dev people that have access to an observer cam that didn't have them on the PTS.

Needless to say but the odds of someone getting an observer cam is very low without knowing someone. Iv been wanting one for a LONG time but wont get one from me being unable to do good videos without one. I just am not good enough to record watchable gameplay and don't have the rig to be in the fight and record at the same time at the quality I want.

I get 70-80 FPS in the middle of nowhere and 30-40 in fights, add the FPS hits when recording and I dip below my standard for gameplay making the game unplayable for me. Plus there's my problems with me using push to talk and needing 4 keys to do so in PS2 (teamspeak, squad, platoon, proxy) and DXtory only having 1 key for push to talk that I know of leaving me with 3 modes of talk that can't be recorded with DXtory. FRAPS can record everything I want but that just TANKS my system and takes a lot more work in editing with having massive file sizes. Then I have a problem from only having Windows Movie Maker to edit stuff and that just HATES more than one sound channel.

So I had to choose. Record or be able to play. I wanted to play. Plus it's hard to see an entire fight without getting killed many times from you needing to be 100% exposed to get the good shots. The wobble that happens when walking also makes recording a pain if you need to be moving.

Why must the observer cam be linked to an admin account? Id be happy to apply for access to just the cam. Wouldn't even mind if it is locked to an alt that was perma weapons locked to prevent abusing it for easy kills. All I care about is using the cam to get footage. It is just impossible to record the good stuff from both sides of a fight without one.
Old 2014-01-03, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

A bit of a dirty, limited hackjob and you might not be able to manage stationary shots with it but a Scythe upside down/or at a suitable roll angle whilst using free look will give you unobstructed views, you can even use weapon zoom functions whilst hud disabled to give an interesting change in the FoV/depth of some shots. You'll probably have to fly at around 60+kph to not lose height but it'll be a stable if moving platform, I think it'd work well for aerial shots of large formations/maneouvres and to help show the grand scale of things.

Obviously you'll have to adjust the footage you get to normalise (rotate) it with everything else but thats the quickest way I can think for you to be able to get aerial shots.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion