Suggest some NC must buys, got SC cards for my bday - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We should all quit this thing called the internet.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-10, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Suggest some NC must buys, got SC cards for my bday

Originally Posted by ColdCheese View Post
So the NC auto shotty equivalent to the Nighthawk isn't any good? I have the hawk and ive walked away from so many 1v1 and even 1v2 that its almost ez mode.
If you enjoy the night hawk you should get the piston.
Old 2013-02-10, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
845 rpm = GD7-F

800 rpm = LC2 Lynx

???

Have you played with both?
I have.

You lose a little bit of RoF and gain a great deal.

40 round clip - this is a big deal. It means if you are a good shot you can dependably kill 3 people in a clip. If you are average shot(like me) it means you always have enough bullets to kill 2 people between reloads.

More total ammo.

Faster movement while ADS - this matters more than many people realize.

Also the CoF expands slower which isnt huge but is nice.

The GD-7F is good and the best the NC has to offer IMO. But the Lynx is a little better.
But Im just going through this because you asked.
The GD-7F/Lynx balance is really the least of the NC worries. I only mentioned it in the original post because the OP is coming over from TR.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-02-10 at 08:54 PM.
Old 2013-02-10, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Yeah I've played with both.

I just felt like they were two hugely different weapons, and the GD7-F almost seems more geared towards ADS fire, while the lynx seems more geared towards hipfire.

Never mind that though.
Old 2013-02-10, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Lets see, what I would recommend:

The GD-7F is a good bet because it's an absolute bullet hose (one which I still think doesn't belong in the NC arsenal, and all I play is NC), but honestly the Cyclone gives the NC an alternative which is pretty damn good and can be used with any class. This means you can invest a lot of cert points into upgrades for it and use it no matter what class you're playing.

For shotguns, I like my Mauler, it's powerful and with slugs if you ADS you can get some surprising ranged kills.

For sniper rifles, the LA80 has been my best friend. I see they just bumped up the projectile speed on the Longshot, which does make it more tempting than it used to be, but the LA80 still has faster reload and fire rates, and is an excellent bolt-action.

The Rebel pistol is a powerful alternative to the Mag-Shot. Able to be used on all classes, it kicks like a mule and it won't take more than a handful of rounds to take down an HA trooper from full health. The ammo pool is shallow but if you hit the bottom of your rifle's magazine and need to be sure that the next shot you fire is going to finish someone off, the Rebel is what you want to have as your sidearm.

I don't play HA terribly often but I do like my EM6. It's a well-rounded LMG, and while it still needs to be burst-fired to be effective, it's not as difficult to handle as the Gauss SAW. The EM1 is a good faster-firing alternative, but I tend to use the GD-22S as it's more like an AR than an LMG.

Speaking of ARs, I find myself usually using the NS-11A. The NS-11A benefits in a big way from being a common-pool rifle; you can fire it without other enemies nearby immediately recognizing the sound of hostile weapons fire. It also performs quite well.

I also really like the Basilisk MG which I've mounted on my flash, as well as the Bulldog turret for the front of my Sunderer. Must-haves would also have to include the HE turrets for the tanks and rocketpods for the Reaver (if you can live with feeling lame for using them).

A lot of people swear by the rifles with the noob-tube underslung grenade launchers. I suppose they're alright, but I prefer to have a quality rifle rather than a cheap trick.

People are going crazy right now over the Annihilator, but personally, I pull HA in response to a specific threat, so I go with either the dedicated AA launcher or the default dumbfire AV. I've been waffling between the Decimator or the lockon AV, as they both have their uses. If it's a Prowler parked outside the doorway, I want a Decimator in my hands, if it's a Magrider strafing around a few hundred yards away, a Crow is a better bet.

I can't speak much to MAX weapons as I don't usually use them much myself.

Weapons I regret getting:

Shadow bolt-action scout rifle: I got this after my brother went on a killing spree with one. Did not have the same success.

Stalker automatic scout rifle: This was a lot of fun with my Infil prior to the SMGs coming out. Now it just feels a little redundant. Maybe I'll find a purpose again for it some day, but I have a hard time justifying dropping more cert points into improving it when I can do the same with my SMG and all my classes benefit.

AC-X11 carbine and Reaper DMR AR - Got these in a bundle, so no big loss. They're very high-damage, slow-firing weapons, and suffer from monstrous CoF bloom issues. In theory, and when burst-fired, they can be very effective, particularly at range. But the reality is that they are what I like to think of as RNG weapons... whether I hit the enemy or not seems to be too much in the hands of the server instead of mine.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2013-02-10 at 09:48 PM.
Old 2013-02-10, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

When you are a Medic with one of those 'noob tube underslung grenade launchers' it makes more sense. It's literally the only AV, Medics get. That said, ARs really should be usable by HA at the very least. Pref Eng as well. I mean, Assault Rifles are supposed to be the rule, not the exception.

The Cyclone is a solid weapon in any case, accurate, and suitable for any situation that counts. Though it does eat ammo fast, so if you plan to go solo away from resupply, you might want something less hungry.

Old 2013-02-11, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
MercDT
Sergeant

I suggest checking out this spreadsheet of weapon stats which can help you make your decisions on weapons.

I am mostly leaning with the suggestions that this thread has provided to you so far...however I would advise to just buy the GD-22S with certs since it's quite cheap and IMO not worth spending SC on unless you obtained it through a double/triple SC sale.

TRIAL ALL the weapons before you buy them. You can create 3 characters per station account and each one will have an individual cool down on trial weapons so you don't have to exactly wait 7 hours in order to trial a second weapon.

With that said, try these : GD-7F*, AF-4 CYCLONE, GD-22s, EM6, NS-11a

Avoid: SAS-R, Gauss SAW S*.

*Personally I don't see much of a reason to get the GD-7F when you can buy the AF-4 Cyclone. Both are close quarters weapons where one can be only used on two classes while the other can used on five classes. The AF-4 also feels more controllable to me.

The Gauss SAW S was supposed to have an under-barrel smoke grenade launcher that never made it in. I regrettably bought(certs) this weapon when finding out the EM6 was a better all around LMG alternative.

Last edited by MercDT; 2013-02-11 at 05:11 AM.
Old 2013-02-11, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
psijaka
Contributor
Major

If you are looking for something that is a bit different; totally unique in the game, consider getting a second Falcon AV launcher for your MAX.

Projectile drop and slow speed takes a bit of getting used to, and you need to avoid CQC, but once you master this, great fun; by far the best 700SC that I have spent so far. Very good against deployed Sunderers, even at long range, and deadly against infantry at medium range (it's a one salvo kill if both shots land on target).
Old 2013-02-11, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
I also really like the Basilisk MG which I've mounted on my flash, as well as the Bulldog turret for the front of my Sunderer. Must-haves would also have to include the HE turrets for the tanks and rocketpods for the Reaver (if you can live with feeling lame for using them).
I've been thinking abouit a weapon for my Flash. Is the Basilisk the best one to go for?

As a dedicated AV MAX I can certainly vouch for the effectiveness of the Bulldog; they've given my a very nasty surprise on more than a few occasions. Recommended!
Old 2013-02-11, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I've been able to make use of my Flash's weapons a grand total of 3 times in the weeks I've had it. It's nice to have, but you won't be using it all that much... unless you are one of those who tries to kill tanks with it.

Old 2013-02-11, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I've been able to make use of my Flash's weapons a grand total of 3 times in the weeks I've had it. It's nice to have, but you won't be using it all that much... unless you are one of those who tries to kill tanks with it.
Yeah; can't imagine it would get much use.
Old 2013-02-11, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
ColdCheese
Corporal

ok so we've got the GD-7F, Cyclone, Annihilator and Hacksaws. That about rounds it up, will save the rest for boosters to upgrade the guns and hopefully save up for vehicle weapons if the servers liven up a bit, been starved for kills recently.

Last edited by ColdCheese; 2013-02-11 at 07:15 AM.
Old 2013-02-11, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
I've been thinking abouit a weapon for my Flash. Is the Basilisk the best one to go for?

As a dedicated AV MAX I can certainly vouch for the effectiveness of the Bulldog; they've given my a very nasty surprise on more than a few occasions. Recommended!
I don't pull a Flash very often, but I've had a lot of success with the Basilisk. It only takes a few shots to kill an infantry soldier, but if you relocate frequently, take down an enemy infantry, relocate again, you can do very well. And yes, I have attacked tanks with it, and I have killed tanks with it. Obviously I don't go after the ones that are aiming right for me or have more than a sliver of health.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2013-02-11, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
AThreatToYou
Major

The Fury grenade launcher is an insult to what the Fury once was (or is supposed to be), but you can get 4-6 kills a pass on infantry battle lines. Also does well for taking out tanks from the rear.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion