Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2012-10-30, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Vancha
Colonel

Re: 530$ gaming build for PS2

Originally Posted by Maskills View Post
How about this, If you plan to build a budget rig for gaming and only gaming( no rendering, video editing or fraps) get the i3. If you do plan to do those things get the phenom. I personally like using fraps and editing the videos i capture, i also work on a couple mods and such that need good multicore support. Thats why i say the phenom is better FOR ME not everyone
Did your friend try streaming PS2 with the 965? Considering how CPU intensive it's supposed to be, I'd be surprised if streaming it with anything less than an i5 wasn't unpleasant.
Old 2012-11-06, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Maskills
Private

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Did your friend try streaming PS2 with the 965? Considering how CPU intensive it's supposed to be, I'd be surprised if streaming it with anything less than an i5 wasn't unpleasant.
It was actually surprisingly good quality. It was being streamed at 27 or 28 frames because of how he has xsplit set up, but it was streaming at 720p. If he decided to lower that to 480p he could stream at 30fps no problem
Old 2012-11-11, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
camycamera
Major

guys, is this a good PC or not? i'm planning on getting this to run for PS2. and no, don't bombard me with upgrade suggestions on that PC, i just want performance above 30FPS
Old 2012-11-12, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
guys, is this a good PC or not? i'm planning on getting this to run for PS2. and no, don't bombard me with upgrade suggestions on that PC, i just want performance above 30FPS
If it was me? No I wouldn't. I've already stated my reason why in this thread.

If you want advice make your own thread so we can do a customized build for you. I don't particularly like having one generalized build for people to use just due to people normally having different needs for a computer...

Last edited by Goku; 2012-11-12 at 12:48 PM.
Old 2012-11-12, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
If it was me? No I wouldn't. I've already stated my reason why in this thread.

If you want advice make your own thread so we can do a customized build for you. I don't particularly like having one generalized build for people to use just due to people normally having different needs for a computer...
well actually i checked the specs against the requirements for PS2, and it all checks out. sure, other computers can run it better, but they cost more, and this PC is in the middle between recommended and minimum, and that is damn fine by me.

this'll be a good build to run anything (not on max settings and max FPS, of course, but it would still be damn playable).

but i may plan on recording with FRAPS and editing etc. so i go with the OP.

Last edited by camycamera; 2012-11-12 at 04:28 PM.
Old 2012-11-12, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

well actually i checked the specs against the requirements for PS2, and it all checks out. sure, other computers can run it better, but they cost more, and this PC is in the middle between recommended and minimum, and that is damn fine by me.

this'll be a good build to run anything (not on max settings and max FPS, of course, but it would still be damn playable).

but i may plan on recording with FRAPS and editing etc. so i go with the OP.
Its your money do with it as you wish. Its rather obvious computers that cost more will run the game better. What I have been saying is the component setup for this computer is not even good at its price level. It uses all last gen components when you can get newer gen ones that perform at higher levels for a similar price point.
Old 2012-11-12, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
camycamera
Major

well, i don't really care though. as long as it can run almost all games at 60FPS (like he said), this is damn fine by me.
Old 2012-11-12, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

well, i don't really care though. as long as it can run almost all games at 60FPS (like he said), this is damn fine by me.
What is so hard to understand? What I'm saying is at the same price point you can get parts that will perform better therefore netting you a better experience. Myself and others in this thread have already said why. If you want to blindly order over $500 in computer parts in last gen parts be my guest.
Old 2012-11-14, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
camycamera
Major

i'm sorry, but when it comes to building a PC, there are WAAYYY too many options. i was then going to consider going with your build you mentioned with the i3 and the 650 TI (and the 650 TI is cheaper than the GPU you mentioned before), but the i3 is a duel core, but the i5 is a quad core, and apparerntly PS2needs quad core, but then you mentioned the i5 didn't have a better experience than the i3.....

i just want a PC that can play games, record, and edit. so, i3 or i5?

Intel Core i3-3220 OR i5 2310- $129.99/$189.99
ASRock B75M-DGS - $54.99
Pareema 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 - $31.89
Corsair CX430 430W PSU - $45
650 TI- $159.99
(i already have a case (any case'll do) and a hard drive... well technically it is a 1tb USB :P)

total: $421.86 OR $481.86

I CANT CHOOSE!!!!

Last edited by camycamera; 2012-11-14 at 03:43 PM.
Old 2012-11-14, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Go for the i5. Easily worth the extra $60 IMO.

Are you taking out the HDD out of the enclosure to use it as a internal HDD? I've never heard of anyone using USB drive as their main OS one. Even if it was possible I wouldn't recommend it at all due to the slow transfer speeds compared to using the SATA connection.

For the video card either get this cheaper 650 Ti or spend the extra on a 7850 for a extra $10. Only reason not to if is you don't want a AMD card. Difference between the two can be seen here.
Old 2012-11-14, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
camycamera
Major

i do have an internal hard drive, it's just that it has like, 20gb left in it, so i just use the USB i got to put all of my games on. i don't mind transfer speed anyway. and yeah i don't like ATI cards anymore... and apparently these nvidia cards are "Better"

thank you for responding about the CPU. so you say that this will give better performance than the OP's PC? if so, that is awesome, and this might as well be my build. thank you.

EDIT: i checked these specs against the recommended specs, and they match DDD and are better than the OP's PC for about the same price. i bet this PC will run everything

Last edited by camycamera; 2012-11-14 at 07:54 PM.
Old 2012-11-14, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Alright on the HDD. I've seen people have crazy ideas on what they can do with computers is all.

Everyone has there preference. In terms of pricing in that bracket a cheaper $140 650 Ti is the way to go IMO. The next best Nvidia card is over $60 more expensive.

Yes it will. The difference will be noticeable.

I suggest getting this CPU. Same price as the 2310, higher clocks (plus more IPC), and it uses less watts.

Last edited by Goku; 2012-11-14 at 10:41 PM.
Old 2012-11-15, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
camycamera
Major

just my list of "to get":

Intel Core i5-3450-$194.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...448b95589fea80

ASRock B75M-DGS - $54.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...d38bd851b82b1f

Pareema 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 - $31.89
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...fa00b0240f6f11

Corsair CX430 430W PSU - $45
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...6ef8ab3292029d

650 TI- $159.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...VGA-_-14130839

total: $486.85

okay, thanks. integrated graphics means better graphics, and for an extra 5 bucks. yay.

Last edited by camycamera; 2012-11-18 at 10:58 PM.
Old 2012-11-15, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

The "p" cpus lack integrated graphics, which is the main reason for lower TDP. That's fine, because you don't really care about the integrated graphics.
But you do miss out on cool stuff like Quicksync video encoding/decoding.

If you have $5 I'd get this instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116506 you also get a bigger Turbo clock (3.5 vs. 3.3)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2012-11-15, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
The "p" cpus lack integrated graphics, which is the main reason for lower TDP. That's fine, because you don't really care about the integrated graphics.
But you do miss out on cool stuff like Quicksync video encoding/decoding.

If you have $5 I'd get this instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116506 you also get a bigger Turbo clock (3.5 vs. 3.3)
That I didn't know. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'll one up you on the CPU too . 3550 for $195.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum