Which empire do you think is best, and why - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No, this isn't your quote either. Stop refreshing.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-06, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Cool Which empire do you think is best, and why

Which empire do you think is best and why?

I think the Vanu are the best! why? well a while back it was cause i thought they would have the only heavy tank (vanguard) but thats changed, so my new reason is energy weapons. We know there will be limited ammo so the ability to shoot without fear of running dry will be kick arse, more so in extended fire fights or going solo (if your |337) deep in NME lands away from resupply. Also noted is that sevral Vanu weapons have diffeant firing modes, allowing for Ap or normal rounds. This means that they will not have to worry about bringing extra ammo to kill that reaver, (which wont kill them because they are Vanu and Vanu are leet), they just switch firing modes and pfft pfft pfft dead Reaver, then switch again and pffft pffft pffft dead troops, and so on. Also their uniforms look pretty bad ass, but of course i would not bias my opinion on something like that....

on a note i will be useing a bolt driver and a suppresser as my weapons....proably as a sniper flying around in a galaxy or skeeter.
Old 2002-11-06, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
RocketFodder
Keeper of h8ball

Energy weapons don't use "rounds."
Old 2002-11-06, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Terran Republic is the best. Why? Because my gun is bigger than yours

Seriously though, I like them because of their armor's look, and because of the way the function. If anyone is familiar with the Rifts RPG, I think the Coalition States and the Terran Republic will have a lot in common -- and I love the Coalition, so I'm sure I'll love the Terrans. If not, then it's Venu for me... could never fight for the New Conglomerate. I detest "freedom" factions.
Old 2002-11-06, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Oh, another thing:

Tobias, weapons in games are generally balanced out fairly well. If the Vanu don't need ammunition for their weapons, which is a BIG thing, it's very likely that their weapons will suffer in another area to compensate. Maybe they'll have a slower rate of fire, or do less damage than they should, or be very inaccurate -- something to compensate for the fact that you never run dry.
Old 2002-11-06, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
RocketFodder
Keeper of h8ball

The beamer uses clips, I know that much :X
Old 2002-11-06, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

most people seem to say Vanu will do lesss damage or the range will shorter or the power of the blast gets less over a distance, and yes Mr. Fodder, i know they dont use rounds, we Vanu have no need for such things, cept for our bolt drives and suppressers, but we shall not talk of such things, they are not importand, and you have a bag on your head, which makes Vanu more |33 7 then you. And we wear purple.
Old 2002-11-06, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-06, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Crazed
Private

The Republic. I'm a big fan of staying with those that stay with leaders. Meaning, they were the only one to my understanding that basicly did not break away from the origonal human force, and accepted the values and rules of the origonal human government/military.

I also like the Republic's guns a lot more. Their rifle has a zoom function, they have a rocket launcher that can lock onto its targets, then a pistol and knife (normal), but also have a mini gun. A fricken mini gun, now thats cool! lol.

Energy based weapons are a bit to alien like to my liking. I want to stay as human as possible. :P
Old 2002-11-06, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Just because it is an energy weapon does not necessarily mean it has unlimited shots.

Insead of ammunition Vanu might need to cary batteries.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2002-11-06, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

well oks you might be right but the vanu have purple uniforms which makes them cool.
Old 2002-11-06, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Diviant
Contributor
First Sergeant

No, it makes them gay.
Old 2002-11-06, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

I highly doubt the energy weapons will be unlimited lol, you will probably have to recharge/reload. I suspect there may be balance issues at first regarding energy weapons

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-06, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

i dont mind charging i just hope you dont have to truck around ammo, that would be .... not vanu

Vanu:
Vanu is like a normal coffee cup, but it tells the time.

Purple is not a gay color, hater, also by saying gay people wear purple, you serotype them, and i for one have never known a gay person who wears more purple then most poeple, not that i know alot of gay people.

Last edited by Tobias; 2002-11-06 at 05:32 PM.
Old 2002-11-06, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sadfre
Corporal

I think Lexington_Steele has the right idea. the weapons the Vanu use are energy based and more than likely need some kind of energy cells to use. While the other guns have clips that hold bullets, the Vanu would need batteries of sorts. When i saw the Lancer it reminded me of the laser gun Kaneda used in Akira, a huge battery to supply it and long recharge time before the next shot could be fired. I would think this idea would go for the rest of the Vanu weaponry.
Old 2002-11-06, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nohimn
Major

Talking

I like NC! WHY?! Because simply, I don't want to look queer in that gay ass Vanu suit. Secondly, I hate the TR suits. I want to be a sniper/pilot! AND SINCE THERE ARE NO EXCLUSIVE AIRCRAFTS OR SNIPER RIFLES, I DON'T WANT TO BE RUNNING AROUND IN GAY COSTUMES!!! BLUE AND YELLOW!!!!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion