Will PS2 have stuns? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Say what again MotherF***er!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-31, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Re: Will PS2 have stuns?

Really don't see anypoint in having stuns in PS2
Old 2011-07-31, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Vancha
Colonel

I like the idea of having a snare on my sniper shots. Nothing silly, but a 5-10% decrease in running speed to make landing that second shot ever so slightly easier might work.
Old 2011-07-31, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Stuns are really rare in shooters and I don't see much of a reason to add any to PS2. There weren't any in PS1 so it'd have to be something totally new. If they do, I hope it isn't anything that is easy to use -and- sets targets up for an easy kill.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-07-31, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
millo
Private

The only kind of crowd control that would fit in a FPS are flashbang granades... And even those would probably be a bad idea for a game with 200+ people shooting each other over a corridor (permablind over and over and over).
Old 2011-07-31, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
DreaM
Private

You should never take control away from the player in a first person shooter, that is basically rule number 1.
Old 2011-07-31, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by millo View Post
The only kind of crowd control that would fit in a FPS are flashbang granades... And even those would probably be a bad idea for a game with 200+ people shooting each other over a corridor (permablind over and over and over).
I think that has the same common sense solution as smoke grenades...Don't give them to everyone.
Old 2011-07-31, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by raw View Post
Personally, nothing aggravates me more than playing a fast, action packed sequence of movement based gameplay only to have it completely shutdown by a stun going off somewhere. When that occurs I usually take my hands off of mouse and keyboard straight into my hair and start pulling like mad. To illustrate my point: ‪ELECTRICIAN IS THE COOLEST HERO EVER‬‏ - YouTube

I hate stuns.

I do not want the computer to play the game for me, a good game always puts the player into control. Moreover in fast paced games where movement is key having stun is completely disruptive and not fun. It's fucking annoying.

That's why I hope PS2 will not feature stuns or any other shenanigans that steal the control away from the player and disrupt the gameplay.

Please confirm Higby.
BronzeElemental's back!
Old 2011-07-31, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by DreaM View Post
You should never take control away from the player in a first person shooter, that is basically rule number 1.
It should be for all games.

Most people don't mind losing, but damned near everyone hates not being able to fight back along the way.
Old 2011-07-31, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Carver
Corporal

I also hate stuns.

I wouldn't mind if being severely wounded slowed you down some.
Old 2011-08-01, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I don't mind the MW2 / BO type stuns though. They don't take control away from you, but it does get harder to move about ^^
Old 2011-08-01, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
DreaM
Private

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
It should be for all games.

Most people don't mind losing, but damned near everyone hates not being able to fight back along the way.
In games where being stunned doesn't mean immediate death such as WoW, or other slower action games it's okay. As long as they're infrequent and costly to the person using them.

In games where being accurate and fast / tactical is key, and death can literally happen instantly, being stunned is a huge no no.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion