Is there a place for the Deliverer? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: BEP whoring since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-22, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zulthus
Colonel

Is there a place for the Deliverer?

I put this on Reddit, but I'll put it here too;

I'm on the side of having more variety in vehicles, where it seems the majority prefers condensing their roles into a smaller number.

What would you give the Deliverer so that it has a place in the game apart from the Sunderer?

We could say the Deliverer can only be pulled with a tech plant connection and give it unique abilities that the Sunderer doesn't have. Less seats doesn't necessarily mean it's worse than the sundy.

The obvious upsides are reduced resources and a higher top speed/acceleration, better handling, etc. It's also amphibious (Hossin might have lakes? That'd be nice)

Possible abilities? It could be invisible to enemy radar when going under a certain speed. Less chance of detonating mines? Could be OP. Strong hill climbing ability? You could give anything unique abilities to give it a role.
Old 2013-07-22, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Is there a place for the Deliverer?

The only point of a deliverer would be that it floats and as we have no where for it to do that then the answer right now is no, unfortunately.
Old 2013-07-22, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
The only point of a deliverer would be that it floats and as we have no where for it to do that then the answer right now is no, unfortunately.
Won't even need it then with that logic. Just hoist a sail on the bang bus and call it a house boat. Should have just gave it wings and call it a Galaxy and could have mounted a couple guns on that and call it a Liberator. Looking at pops and the direction of the game with MLG being the hail mary we might as well combine roles and call it a day.

I have no room to complain though. I recently re-installed the OS on my PC and PS2 isn't going to make it back. Been bored out of my mind for a while and it's time to just move on.

Last edited by Calista; 2013-07-22 at 01:34 PM.
Old 2013-07-22, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Variety isn't a bad thing. I mean honestly they are basically talking about empire specific transports. That means to me, that if you want something cheap, effective, will haul your whole squad but isn't anything special... AMS sundy. If you want some kind of more armored or more specially tailored vehicle, you pull your ES one.

I mean lets look at the NS guns. They aren't spectacular, but they fill in the holes that ES weapons don't. They are Effective, but they aren't spectacular. Apply that same logic to ES and NS vehicles and your going to end up with ES vehicles being what you pull if you want to perform a function, but NS is what you pull if your just trying to get from piont A to point B
Old 2013-07-22, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Balex
Private

It might be useful for Hossin. That's if they make the water somewhat deep.
Old 2013-07-22, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

There is a need for a good off road transport that has the fire power of the Sunderer and can handle at least 5 or 6 souls.

Old 2013-07-22, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

The deliverer could fill the ANT role alongside the fast ground transport job.
Old 2013-07-22, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I would take the ground radar away from the Sundy and give it to the Deliverer. In addition I would give the Del enemy radar disruption ability. But they'd be mutually exclusive in the certs box. Imagine teams of two deliverers creating intel havoc.
I would restrict them having AA. Bring a Skyguard for that. Or a Sundy.

Old 2013-07-22, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
There is a need for a good off road transport that has the fire power of the Sunderer and can handle at least 5 or 6 souls.
Indeed, especially if it gains Base Shield Breaching or EMP abilities.

Then they'd become the Harrasser's big Brother who burst in and kills everything before you risk bring in your AMSunderer.
Old 2013-07-22, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

As much as I would want to pull this for line smashing; until the Sunderer gets it's jack of all trades wings clipped considerably anything along these lines are unlikely to make an appearance.
Old 2013-07-22, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Can not wait to have this in game as I don't mind driving a transport but the sunderer is simply to big and slow for my taste. I want my amphibious up armored 5-6 man hummer i.e. ES Deliverer.

Based on this design it will be a 6 man which is perfect. Has a driver and a gunner/passenger, 2 in the back seat and a large rumble seat in the very back that should hold 2 more which could be 2 infantry or 2 maxes

Last edited by Livefire; 2013-07-22 at 03:41 PM.
Old 2013-07-22, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Eggy
Sergeant

needs to be NS vehicle.
default handling and top speed both slightly worse than harraser.
1 driver
2 gunner.
1 max capable rumble, rear facing.
1 passenger.
NO AA guns.
Only 1 gunner slot gets ES weapons/ heavy weapons. These are nerfed when compared to MBT variants.
1 gunner gets the current sunderer guns minus AA.
Takes small arms fire. Uses composite rather than blockade.
NO AMS.
Gate difuser, smoke, nanite repair, fire supresion.
EMP pulse for mine clearance / disruption / sheild dropping.
Can "deploy" slightly increasing the dps of the guns. Drops on its own axles reducing its profile. Use to support deployed sunderers and at choke points/ cross roads.
Can "deploy" dropping its "carried" armour in a sheild like manner on both sides and the rear. Drops on its own axles reducing its profile. Visualise 3 big unfolding steel plates carried like surf boards. Basicaly just buffs the armour of the vehicle. Used at choke points.
No shield or turbo. Nothing that can increase its speed, offense or defense while moving.
Floaty if we get water.
5 people on purpose. Forcing combined arms on squads.
Old 2013-07-22, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
needs to be NS vehicle.
1 driver
2 gunner.
1 max capable rumble, rear facing.
1 passenger.
NO AA guns.
Only 1 gunner slot gets ES weapons/ heavy weapons. These are nerfed when compared to MBT variants.
1 gunner gets the current sunderer guns minus AA.
Takes small arms fire. Uses composite rather than blockade.
NO AMS.
Gate difuser, smoke, nanite repair, fire supresion.
EMP pulse for mine clearance / disruption / sheild dropping.
Can "deploy" slightly increasing the dps of the guns. Drops on its own axles reducing its profile. Use to support deployed sunderers and at choke points/ cross roads.
Can "deploy" dropping its "carried" armour in a sheild like manner on both sides and the rear. Drops on its own axles reducing its profile. Visualise 3 big unfolding steel plates carried like surf boards. Basicaly just buffs the armour of the vehicle. Used at choke points.
No shield or turbo. Nothing that can increase its speed, offense or defense while moving.
Floaty if we get water.
5 people on purpose. Forcing combined arms on squads.
We have 12 man squads dude so the deliverer should be 6 as in 2 deliverers for a full squad. If the harasser used the logic of 2 infantry soldier or 1 max in rumble seat I would agree with you but the physics is not working that way and as the deliverer is much larger then the harasser its ruble seat should fit 2 soldiers or 2 maxes or 1 soldier and 1 max.
Old 2013-07-22, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

It seems to me that the Sunderer currently has two roles: Mobile spawn-point, or one-off transport vehicle, used to transport a whole squad once and deploy them all at once. It's too large and too cumbersome to be a used for consistent troop re-deployment; picking them up in the middle of a battle and deploying them elsewhere.

The Deliverer would be perfect for the small groups who want to use a small vehicle with decent speed, armor, and which does not stand out as much as the Sunderer. The ability to deploy and redeploy 6 people with precision and speed could be very beneficial. In short: there is definitely room for this vehicle.
Old 2013-07-22, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
Harasser handling is terrible. The Deliverer should easily be one of the best vehicles in the game for handling, its weaknesses should be no turbo and moderate durability and perhaps a stock top speed of only 80 kph.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion