Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The SigBot needs to be Nerfed
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-08-07, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
CzuukWaterson
Sergeant
 
CzuukWaterson's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Originally Posted by OMGBEES View Post
Yes. I personally think you are blowing this whole thing way out of proportion.
Well I will leave it at that then. I guess it is just a me thing. Thank you for your input.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rBsHK.png- Stop crying in my beer.-- CZ
CzuukWaterson is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator
 
ChipMHazard's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Not going to get into the morality of SOE's choice to only the show the scores of the top 10 outfits/teams that participated.

Can I see why you and others might be a wee bit pissed at not being mentioned? Sure, you paid to participate in a tournament. I could see a lot of actual sport teams be right pissed if they were omitted from ranking lists.
Can I see why SOE is only going to be showing the top 10? Sure, while they could easily mention all participants this time around it could also become a rather lenghty list later on. So I can see it being a "Out of principle" sort of thing.
Personally I would have had an official top 10 ranking and a viewable (But not officially shown) list of all the participants and how well they did, for those wanting to know.

Was Radar being rude? Not really, at least I don't see it that way. He didn't refer to you as being entitled, but that no one is entitled to the tournament information. For whatever reason.
It is SOE's prerogative to run events how ever they want to. You and others are of course free to complain, as paying customers (So to speak). If that doesn't help then you are also free to not participate again in the future until such
time as things change more to your liking.
It's a free market and as such they don't have to make changes based on complaints nor do you have to accept their decision on the matter.

All this aside I don't know what Radar meant by stating that the top 10 list is supposed to prevent negative debates from taking place. What kind of data do they have that could start such a thing?
__________________
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-08-07 at 08:03 PM.
ChipMHazard is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


I assume each team that competed on the day know what their final score was at the end of the event?
You are hardly going to run an event and not tell each competitor their final score even if they refuse to post past the top 10.

So why not chase up each team and add them to the list yourself?
__________________
DirtyBird is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
siliconsmiley
Private
 
siliconsmiley's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
I assume each team that competed on the day know what their final score was at the end of the event?
You are hardly going to run an event and not tell each competitor their final score even if they refuse to post past the top 10.

So why not chase up each team and add them to the list yourself?
Don't really care about the score in and of itself so much as the free advertising that these folks get for being reported as participating in the event. It is hard enough to keep an active outfit running on NC Waterson these days without SOE celebrating a short list of contenders for whom the deck was stacked. The only time we were able to stay ahead of the inter outfit player sniping and attrician is when I can play and run a platoon for 12 hours a day. Now we're losing people to other factions and other servers because of the crappy state of NC and Waterson in general.

It is now down to about 4 hours a day were NC has a fighting chance on Waterson. Sure, I can go flavor of the month and run with a Zerg on another server. Or I can run TR on Waterson, but that's not where I've spent nearly 60 days of game time building a community.

RadarX may not have intended to be rude, but accidental rudeness does happen. And I have in fact been banned from the forums for using the word entitled to describe a thread in the past.

Now, I've been banned again and I immediately emailed the admin asking for more clarification as to why. In several past incidents I have in fact intended to get banned for the purpose of getting threads locked or deleted. But I got no response.

I understand that SOE has every right to do whatever they want. All I expected was that they live up to their word. It was and is my greatest problem with life. Expectations. I expect way too much from people. I should have learned by now to expect a lot less.
__________________
Stop crying in my beer. -- Czuuk

siliconsmiley is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
siliconsmiley
Private
 
siliconsmiley's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
.

Personally I would have had an official top 10 ranking and a viewable (But not officially shown) list of all the participants and how well they did, for those wanting to know.
...
All this aside I don't know what Radar meant by stating that the top 10 list is supposed to prevent negative debates from taking place. What kind of data do they have that could start such a thing?
If they would have told us at SOELive that the scores would be posted for only the top ten I would not be posting now.

It's not that I don't understand what he is saying about negativity. But it's six in one hand, half a dozen in the other. And not mentioning us as participating is an official declaration of negativity from SOE as far as I am concerned.
__________________
Stop crying in my beer. -- Czuuk

siliconsmiley is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ShockFC
Master Sergeant
 
ShockFC's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Originally Posted by CzuukWaterson View Post
Ah of course. FutureCrew. The darling of the server come to pick on the little guys some more.
We didn't ask for any of this hate from you. You blew up on TwF while drunk in Vegas about a comment he said to Malorn while also drunk.

You seem to be the only person that got super rustled by our presence (out of all that actually met us.) I and Future Crew could care less if you're a little guy or a big guy, we're here to play and have fun. That's exactly what we did in Vegas, we played on Friday and had fun the rest of the time. I'm sorry your experience with us was different.
__________________
ShockFC is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
siliconsmiley
Private
 
siliconsmiley's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
We didn't ask for any of this hate from you. You blew up on TwF while drunk in Vegas about a comment he said to Malorn while also drunk.

You seem to be the only person that got super rustled by our presence (out of all that actually met us.) I and Future Crew could care less if you're a little guy or a big guy, we're here to play and have fun. That's exactly what we did in Vegas, we played on Friday and had fun the rest of the time. I'm sorry your experience with us was different.
But you came in here to pick on me anyway. And maybe TwF forgot to mention that I think he's a great player. And that I told him so to his face. And that he didn't give any love to the outfit who support him.

And also, if you are considered the best, you should learn to expect some hate.

And also, you are right. I am the only person super pissed. It's my problem I know. Depression is a mind fuck.
__________________
Stop crying in my beer. -- Czuuk


Last edited by siliconsmiley; 2013-08-07 at 09:30 PM.
siliconsmiley is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Boyer
Private
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


If you really want to know your score you can look up the characters individually and tabulate them.

If you are just wanting to be "recognized" and get your outfit name out there well.......you are doing a fine job of getting noticed now but I don't think it's in a way you or anyone else in your outfit want. Frankly you are acting a little overzealous and demanding things you really have no right to be demanding. You paid for SOE LIVE not solely for the fun event that was held during the event. Did you go to any panels? Did you attend the pool party? Did you attend the closing banquet?

I'm willing to bet you attended at least one of those along with the Showdown. One of those things mentioned had a few free drinks, another was catered, and during the final one you were able to look at our shining faces on stage. All of those things had to have been worth something right?

I'm sorry your experience was tainted in some way because I've heard nothing but great things from all the wonderful people I was able to meet. I'm sorry we didn't cross paths in Vegas because I think you, like everyone else, would form a very different opinion about Future Crew as whole if that had been the case.
__________________

Last edited by Boyer; 2013-08-07 at 10:15 PM.
Boyer is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Ghoest9's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


I couldnt care less, personally, about tournaments.

But if you compete in an event - they should tell you your score when its over.


Seriously not telling you your score is beyond stupid.
__________________
Wherever you went - Here you are.
Ghoest9 is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
TwF
Private
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Originally Posted by siliconsmiley View Post
But you came in here to pick on me anyway. And maybe TwF forgot to mention that I think he's a great player. And that I told him so to his face. And that he didn't give any love to the outfit who support him.

And also, if you are considered the best, you should learn to expect some hate.

And also, you are right. I am the only person super pissed. It's my problem I know. Depression is a mind fuck.
I did mention that, I never said that wasn't the case, I just brought up the bit at breakfast as well. If you're talking about me not giving love to my outfit.. I didn't think anything needed to be said. We came to play, stratted to the rules, and came out on top. The same that any other outfit should have done.
TwF is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
siliconsmiley
Private
 
siliconsmiley's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Originally Posted by Boyer View Post
If you really want to know your score you can look up the characters individually and tabulate them.

If you are just wanting to be "recognized" and get your outfit name out there well.......you are doing a fine job of getting noticed now but I don't think it's in a way you or anyone else in your outfit want. Frankly you are acting a little overzealous and demanding things you really have no right to be demanding. You paid for SOE LIVE not solely for the fun event that was held during the event. Did you go to any panels? Did you attend the pool party? Did you attend the closing banquet?

I'm willing to bet you attended at least one of those along with the Showdown. One of those things mentioned had a few free drinks, another was catered, and during the final one you were able to look at our shining faces on stage. All of those things had to have been worth something right?

I'm sorry your experience was tainted in some way because I've heard nothing but great things from all the wonderful people I was able to meet. I'm sorry we didn't cross paths in Vegas because I think you, like everyone else, would form a very different opinion about Future Crew as whole if that had been the case.
I overreacted. I apologized. It still stinks that SOE will not mention everyone that competed. It also stinks that it was on a public server. But what can you do? Try harder next time.

But I always fight for the little guy. And those who have been slighted know I will defend them despite what your opinion of me is.
__________________
Stop crying in my beer. -- Czuuk


Last edited by siliconsmiley; 2013-08-07 at 10:34 PM.
siliconsmiley is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
siliconsmiley
Private
 
siliconsmiley's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Originally Posted by TwF View Post
I did mention that, I never said that wasn't the case, I just brought up the bit at breakfast as well. If you're talking about me not giving love to my outfit.. I didn't think anything needed to be said. We came to play, stratted to the rules, and came out on top. The same that any other outfit should have done.
It always needs to be said when somebody pays you a compliment in a team game. You'll figure that out when you have a few more grey hairs.
__________________
Stop crying in my beer. -- Czuuk

siliconsmiley is offline  
Old 2013-08-08, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel
 
maradine's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Originally Posted by siliconsmiley View Post
Now, I've been banned again and I immediately emailed the admin asking for more clarification as to why. In several past incidents I have in fact intended to get banned for the purpose of getting threads locked or deleted. But I got no response.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you are a "known quantity" to the mods, your stock is not particularly high with them due to repeat offenses, and perhaps playing it cool for a few months might be in your best interests. Be pro, kids.
maradine is offline  
Old 2013-08-08, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
siliconsmiley
Private
 
siliconsmiley's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you are a "known quantity" to the mods, your stock is not particularly high with them due to repeat offenses, and perhaps playing it cool for a few months might be in your best interests. Be pro, kids.
Obviously.
__________________
Stop crying in my beer. -- Czuuk

siliconsmiley is offline  
Old 2013-08-08, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Mordelicius
Major
 
Mordelicius's Avatar
 
Re: Is it just me? SOE Live Ultimate Squad Showdown


H4TZ is one of the most hard core NC outfits in Waterson. These guys won't back down even when totally outnumbered. In fact, they would counterattack

If they can't provide all the scores, maybe they could just give shout outs to all that participated. They are Community Relations after all.
Mordelicius is offline  
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Tags
live, showdown, soe, squad, ultimate

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.