New Press Release - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Taste the spam, it's delicious.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-15, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

New Press Release

I thought we were supposed to get our beta CD's well before open beta started. That's what one of the devs said. What liers
Old 2003-04-15, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

I bet the article was wrong... this is bullshit. Arg if open is up, someone's gonna die.
Old 2003-04-15, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

I am with you two.
Old 2003-04-15, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Thom
Private

Angry

Im with you guys. IM PISSED. I want my beta so bad. It dosnt help hearing everyone in my clan taking about it in TS2. SOE WHERES MY BETA???
Old 2003-04-15, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

What's the point of being pissed? You're beta testing. You're supposed to be trying to make the game better. Sounds to me like you're just free loading a month of play. If that's the deal, deal with it, they're letting you play the game for free. I want beta as bad as anyone, but don't get pissed cause the disc isn't there. It's the mail. This isn't the point where you get mad, you could have gotten mad a few times justifiably, but this isn't that time. I'm sure you'll get another chance.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-04-15, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Thom
Private

Yes, true. But I have been running around my house for the past 5 days saying "YAY!! Hey mom guess what. I Get beta tomrow" and now its been 2 days since i was thinking i was getting it. All my other games are boring. Im so bored im doing homework to make the time pass.
Old 2003-04-15, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
WeaponssBug
Private

Whee I love exclusive beta =DDD
Old 2003-04-15, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

Well at the risk of sounding repative... they will prolly come tomorow, or thursday If you mail guy is lazy. But seriously don't get mad.

"I'M SO MAD! IVE BEEN WATING TO HELP THIS COMPANY DEVELOP THIS GAME BY FLUSHING OUT BUGS AND FINDING OUT BALANCE/EXPLOIT ISSIUES!"

No, you just want to play.
Old 2003-04-15, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Civilian
Contributor
Major

You'll get it soon enough, and I don't believe I ever saw them "promise" to get us disks before open beta began. I suggest reading the manual on the beta site, if work and/or school occupies a majority of your time, the rest could easily be taken up by learning the intricacies of the game. Thursday isn't a long wait, and we have been afforded this great opportunity by the devs to take part in making this game better at release. Please, be patient, it will get to you sooner than you think.

This press release was put out to update the progress of the game for those people that are outside of the game and may not follow it closely. Maybe 500 or so people will see the release and think, "wow I heard about this game 3 years ago and it's close to release, so maybe I should check it out." We knew open beta would start Monday, and technically it has begun, but lets not forget the devs were courteous enough to bump the patch and character wipe back to Thursday so the open beta testers and exclusive testers could begin on a level playing field. They could have easily done the character wipe on Monday as planned, and allowed the exclusive members to rape us, once open beta began.

It's coming, just relax. And remember those players that won't even have an opportunity to participate in either beta phase.
Old 2003-04-15, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
John Matrix
Private

Well said.
Old 2003-04-15, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Nepmit
Private

This isn't open beta. In open beta ALL applications is accepted, mine isn't :C
Old 2003-04-15, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Nepmit
This isn't open beta. In open beta ALL applications is accepted, mine isn't :C
That's public beta.
Old 2003-04-15, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Civs right. :o
Old 2003-04-15, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Matuse
First Sergeant

Attention: All people who are mad that you don't have your beta discs:

You do not have the right to play Planetside. You are ALLOWED into beta at the discretion of the development team. Sony is spending money on YOU. Until such a time as you are paying Sony money for access to the game, you have ZERO right to make even a single complaint about how they conduct their operations.

Odds are, you don't want to test the game, you just want to play it. You are a dipshit who mooches off of the work of others for your own free entertainment. You have no standing to complain about anything.

In summary: Shut the fuck up. You don't deserve to be in beta with the attitude you carry.
Old 2003-04-15, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

uhh, this is just the official start of open beta. All companies do a fancy press release at this stage. Nothing has started without you

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion