Centralized UI Awesomeness - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Paper or Plastic?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-07, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Centralized UI Awesomeness

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
It does indeed look great, but I think I personally prefer the more classic UI.

That said, I'd really want some "proof" of them actually having a compass rose.. They said it would also be a toggleable option, but we havnt seen it yet afaik. The "compass on top bar" is a horrible design and pretty much negates the whole point of having it
So far they've been pretty good on their word, so if compass rose isn't in by beta, I don't think it will be a problem to get them to hurry up and put it in.

I'm glad there seems to be a lot of customization options for the HUD. The best way to keep vets and new players happy with it.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Glad you guys dig it. So do we. It will be the default once we get some issues sorted out with it.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Glad you guys dig it. So do we. It will be the default once we get some issues sorted out with it.
I hope you leave the old style non central UI in, because i personally think that this centralized UI is ugly as fuck.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Irondove
Private

this will kill wow app. I've used it and it doesn't come close in comparison. btw is there a site we can watch beta map feed. Would be nice to watch the big picture.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zhane
Staff Sergeant

I agree with Basti... as an option it's fine, but to me it's cluttered and obtrusive. The less crap in the middle of my field of view, the better.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Synapse
First Sergeant

I'm not sure which one I care about here. Knowing there's 2 choices, I'm happy that I can just switch between them on my own.

However if you're not absolutely certain the players will be better off with it, then maybe leave the most familiar one as the default, since the players who don't know the game or are new to it will be least likely to find the toggle option in the preferences.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Are you planning on allowing the minimap to be moved/resized, what about the kill spam/chat? The kill spam indicator looks fine where it's at, but personally I'd like to move either the kill spam list or the chat window down to the now-vacant lower right corner and expand it a bit so I can see more than the most recent 3 kills (which will just fly off my screen with hundreds of people killing each other in an area).

Changing up the map options and the capture indicators would be another great option.

In PS1 I liked having a large mini-map so I could better see what was happening strategically in the area.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Spoof
Corporal

Agree with Malorn. I'd like to move and resize the map, and hide the kill spam.
Old 2012-06-07, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Arokel
Private

I have to say that the UI is looking very good. I like how its angled to look like you are actually looking through a visor/helmet hud.

Reminds me a little bit of Ghost Recon Future Soldier in that way. That game did the UI very well.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion